West Bay St., Cable Beach, Nassau, Caribbean

Good For No Data

More about Cable Beach

Wyndham ResortWyndham Resort

Wyndham ResortWyndham Resort

Comments on the Wyndham Nassau?

by DickB12

Hi,

We are looking for any comments on what to expect at the Wyndham Nassau hotel, particularly from anyone who has stayed there recently. We've seen every from "great" to "terrible" for ratings.

Also good places to eat (local cuisine is always a plus) and any info on the Crystal Palace casino would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dick

Re: Comments on the Wyndham Nassau?

by aflaneur

This is a pretty bad hotel. It has been through several name changes over the many years of its garish (and very purple) existence, and the Wyndham brand is the latest to take a stab at this casino property which dominates the cable beach area in a totally unattractive way. Should have been demolished ages ago for the eyesore it is. Most people who go there do so because of low price (many groups) and not knowing anything about the place ("you get what you pay for").

I stayed nearby, and wandered over just to see what something so ugly on the outside was like on the inside. It was not only pretty bad aesthetically, but it also smelled aweful.

Now, I don't want anyone thinking that I am a disgruntled former employee or anything (I actually had a great stay at the Sandals property just down the beach), so see many testimonials on this Wyndham property at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147416-d147932-Reviews-Wyndham_Nassau_Resort_and_Crystal_Palace_Casino-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

Re: Re: Comments on the Wyndham Nassau?

by pieter_jan_v

I stayed there last year. I had not the impression that all rooms where in service (and there are many rooms in the 6 (?) towers).

I put some info at http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/2f01c/19218a/

I got a rebate after a discussion with the manager, because I was out of warm water for 2 days.

Telephone calls are very expensive. I warn you at forehand.

Breakfast is a 10 minutes walk so big is this complex and the casino is just rows of slotmachines and checks are excepted without asking for ID(!).

There are some small pizza joints around and a free bus to the shopping center 1 beach to the West.

A taxi ride to Nassau town is 12 dollar and there are some reasonable restaurants. The best restaurant was the Columbus Taverne at Paradise Island (and expensive).

Free towels at the pool (as long as there is a supply).

PJ

Re: Comments on the Wyndham Nassau?

by Chrissy21061

We stayed at Breezes which is 2 hotels down. But we went to the Wyndham for there casino & it looked really nice to me. There was stores in the hotel & rest. it looked nice to me. While jet sking we saw the beach & it also looked nice.

Good Luck !!

Travel Tips for Cable Beach

Cable Beach, Nassau

by Willettsworld

Cable Beach is located 3 miles west of downtown Nassau and features Nassau's major resorts that stretch along the beach for a few miles. The beach is so named because of the telegraph cable that came ashore here from Florida in 1892. There's not much to do in this area during the evening's except to visit the Crystal Palace Casino and there's not even that many restaurants or bars outside of those in the resorts.

Comments