Cable Beach Hotels

Our Members Say

• amyhouston profile photo amyhouston
  • Reviews: 46

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton Cable Beach Resort: Would not go back..

We stayed at Sheraton Cable Beach for 6 nights from August 2nd to 8th.

Front Desk – Associates were not welcoming or friendly. There was no line check-in was fairly quick. I used my points to be upgraded to full ocean front room but we got 778 which was a room with partial ocean view. The next day we met with our wedding coordinator who confirmed it was a general room we had, Sharri Clark, and she upgraded us to a junior suite with full ocean view in room 756. Expect to pay the resort fee and the part-time doormen’s fee.

Room – 778 was small. The toilet seat had stained yellow urine on it with a long black pubic hair when we first arrived. The maid was still outside cleaning other room and graciously wiped the seat and under for us, said someone probably didn’t want the room and used the toilet before leaving. Everything else was very clean throughout the hotel. The bed was not the comfortable Sheraton bed I was accustomed to, the sheets and mattress were not as soft but the pillow was perfect. The junior suite was awesome, much bigger with separate couch. All rooms comes with flat screen tv with Florida local channels and basic cable channels, HBO, TV5 (French), Mandarin Chinese, and other foreign stations. One night, at 4 am, we discovered a leak from the ceiling with water dripping onto the bed. Once we turned on the light, the crack on the ceiling was enormous from one side of the room to another. We were moved to another room for the night, a double smoking room. The next morning, the front desk said they would move us to 565, same room category, but the room was not ready so we headed off to Atlantis for the day. When we went to our room to get ready, they had not stopped the leak from above which was from leaky ice machine so the crack expanded. We thought we’d finally catch up on our sleep in our new room, but the walls are very thin and we had noisy kids as our next door neighbor so we were awaken at 6:30 am. In the end we were given only $100 to compensate…

Beach – Gorgeous with warm water, not enough straw umbrellas for shade, and no shade by the pool. For snorkeling, ask for Elvis to the right of the beach, he charges $35 versus $55, takes you to the same place as the other vendors.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 10, 2007

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

Nassau Beach Hotel: Nassau Beach Hotel

Try and not book during Spring Break as it may spoil your stay. I stayed here for a week and the hotel was OK but would have been better without the teen American kids around.

The room was a good size but a little shaby and dated in places and the bed and bathroom were pretty average. Nothing special for the price which I think was too much for what was on offer. The beach was good except that when I stayed there was a force 9 gail coming off the sea which put the dampers on things. Used Cafe Johnny Canoe, next door, pretty much every morning for breakfast as they were cheaper and better. Also had breakfast in the next door Crystal Palace casino which is a vast buffet for about $15 I think. Fills you up for the whole day.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written March 4, 2006
Tip Photo

• pieter_jan_v profile photo pieter_jan_v
  • Reviews: 5441

Wyndham Resort: 6 Towers and a Casino

This is really a big resort and I almost lost my way. A walk to breakfast took up 10 minutes and I needed the same time to go to the pool or adjacent beach.

WARNING: Telephone costs can be very high (10 times of what you pay normally); especially cost s for international calls.

If you like big, this is the place to be. To me it was too big.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average