Coral Harbour Beach House And Villas

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Nassau

SignSign

Going over the bridge to Paradise IslandGoing over the bridge to Paradise Island

Carnival Pride backing inCarnival Pride backing in

One of the beautiful pools in Graycliff's gardensOne of the beautiful pools in Graycliff's gardens

Timeshare Presentations in Nassau

by tfjm1

I was wondering if Nassau had alot of people trying to get you to do a timeshare presentation? What can you expect to get for going on a tour?

by Odinnthor

If you have no intention of considering a buy-in, and are just doing it to get something for nothing, you kinda deserve what you get, - meaning that you are really wasting your time. I would think that your time in Nassau would be better spent doing things that you want to do, rather than wasting half a day doing something that you really don't want to do to get something for free.

But that is just me.......

by tfjm1

If I could get some $ or activities for a couple of hours it might be worth it. I could then just lose any $ at one of the casinos.

This is true.....d:o)

But if you lose some at the tables, at least you will have fun doing it......time share presentations are the pits!

by crazygal59

This is the strangest question I think I have ever seen. If you are not interested in time share, why bother. If you are that desperate for something for nothing, I have a great deal on some swamp land. LOL

by Odinnthor

.....and I have prime beach property in Arizona........(after the quake of course)........d:o)

by tfjm1

I may not be independently wealthy like crazygal59 but I'm not stupid enough to buy swampland. I've been to some timeshare presentations in other places and have received some valuable gifts. I'm certainly not desperate but a couple of hours for $300-$400 is worth it to me.

by Odinnthor

It has nothing to do with being "independantly wealthy", and her response did not in anyway indicate that she was.

It has to do with personal respect. As you say, you are "certainly not desperate", so if you are not browsing for a time share opportunity, you have no business there.

You go into a store with no intention of buying anything, and still walk out with merhandice. If you look hard enough you will see that what you are proposing, - it is the same thing as shoplifting.

by tfjm1

Talk about personal respect and then make the analogy to stealing. Are you on drugs or something? All I have been trying to find out is what gifts the merchants who offer the time share presentations are giving. If you do not know then keep your sarcastic comments to yourself. I'm well off enough that I do not need to steal but if the merchants are offering something value for me to take a tour and give them my time while on vacation whether on not I am going to buy then that is my choice. Your inappropriate comments are not necessary or welcomed.

by Odinnthor

I did not mean to offend. If I did, I apologize. Let's just agree to disagree on this matter. Peace! Out!

Travel Tips for Nassau

Internet Access

by cjg1

On Board the cruise ship they have an internet cafe to keep you connected to school, work or loved ones. The cafe has a number of workstations available for use. You can also bring your own laptop and use their WI-FI service. Liz always needs to have internet access since she is in school and brings her homework with her wherever we go.

The internet pricing is $.55 a minute or you can buy a package. We always buy a package. The package rates are: $28 for 60 minutes, $38 for 90 minutes or $55 for 150 minutes.

WI-FI areas of the ship aren't always very good. We seems to have the best connectionin the Schooner Bar or Bolero's. Be aware the connection is very slow and can be frustrating to use.

Time Stood Still

by leffe3

In spite of the development of Paradise Island and the port which is most definately on the stop-over route of virtually all Caribbean cruises, time in Nassau feels as if it stopped in the 1950s. Very much a British colonial town, pink and white clapperboard dominates, the pace is relatively slow, time is made for conversation, and while the traffic may be quite heavy on the main thoroughfare, step round the corner and you will be transported back in time.

The first bus we hopped was to...

by Boozoo

The first bus we hopped was to get out to Fort Charlotte, which was an old British Fort during it's days as a colony. Don't be expecting historical sites to be as well preserved as they are in other countries though. Remarkably, even though it appeared the preservation efforts were minimal, they still had cannon with royal insignia and casting marks... and the walls still bore the inscriptions of soldiers and units from the 1830's to the 1850's.

Colorful town Colorful paintings

by Gra8ful

This is one of the Locals siting on the street in Nassau painting. He had several he had painted and was really good at it. He has them lined up outside the Back end of the Straw Market. With different prices on each picture. That’s on my list to get one next Feb. When I go back. Meeting so many nice people.

War Memorial

by dlandt

This small obelisk is devoted to the men (no women) of the Bahamas who gave their lives in the World Wars and something that happened on a ship in 1981, which I can't identify. 14 men from the Bahamas gave their lives in WWII, and about 40 in WWI. Their names are recorded on the plaques adorning the sides of the obelisks.

Comments