Nassau Beach Hotel

P.O. Box N7756, Cable Beach, Nassau, Caribbean

• Not Reccomended

I wish we could spend some more money and stay next door at the Wyndham.
    We stay only for 2 nights, and eventhough we didn't spend much time in the hotel I really hate the place.
    The staff is totally unfriendly and everything takes forever.
    The hotel also is very old, same as the furniture and the carpet. And the bathroom.

Unique Quality: Is cheap but I wouldn't ever go back to that hotel.
    I rather stay at home.

• ssalatin's Profile Photo

Dump

Checking in was a nightmare. The bellman begged us for our luggage when we got there which made me curious since I've never seen anyone so eager to do their job. When we got to the check-in counter, they said it would be an hour before they'd have a room ready. We got something to eat, came back in an hour and found out it would be another 3 hours before our room was ready. Gee, thanks! When we gave the bellhops our luggage, the guy started lecturing us about how he told us when we got there to give him our luggage. Wish I could've said "Just do your job" but that wouldn't have helped things.

I would not recommend the Nassau Beach Hotel. The bathrooms were disgusting as in, rust-mold-plaster falling off the walls-water spots on the ceiling. GROSS!!! The bellmen are awful. If you don't give them your luggage when you get there, before you go into the hotel, they will lecture you about it later.

Unique Quality: Johnny Canoe's Cafe, which is on site, is wonderful. They have great food. Best hamburgers ever!!

• sweetheart519's Profile Photo

Loved this hotel!

Stayed in an Ocean Front room, in the renovated wing of the hotel. I have heard more iffy stories about the other wings, so be sure to stay on the renovated wing. We were right on the beach, with a direct view of the ocean. The view was just spectacular. Staff was friendly, room was clean and large. We wouldn't stay anywhere else! And what you get for the price is well worth it.

Unique Quality: The view is the best feature of the hotel! And you have your own private balcony and lounge chairs to enjoy it. You are so close to the ocean that you can hear the waves if you leave your door cracked open at night. The beach is clean and quiet, which is nice. You can always find a spot, and often in the shade if you want. If you are looking for nightlife though, this is not the place. The seaside bar closes early and there is nothing going on at night. You can walk next door to the Wyndham, however.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Nassau Beach

Yeah I agree with the other reviewer about this hotel. Try and not book during Spring Break as it will spoil your stay. I stayed here for a week and the hotel was OK and would have been better without the teen American kids around.

The room was a good size but a little shaby and dated in places and the bed and bathroom were pretty average. Nothing special for the price which I think was too much for what was on offer. The beach was good except that when I stayed there was a force 9 gail coming off the sea which put the dampers on things. Used Cafe Johnny Canoe, next door, pretty much every morning for breakfast as they were cheaper and better. Also had breakfast in the next door Crystal Palace casino which is a vast buffet for about $15 I think. Fills you up for the whole day.

• Great Hotel - Great Price

Our stay at the Holiday Inn located at Junkanoo Beach was great. We paid $81 per night (an internet special) in August. We were pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is walking distance from downtown, walking distance from the piers where the ships dock, and walking distance to the market. We also walked to the local restaurants and enjoy the scenery.

We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. There is a taxi stand in the parking area of the hotel, so whenever we departed the hotel our ride was waiting. We took a taxi to Paradise Island for $11. Paradise Island is nice, but the hotel price was rather steep, we prefer spending our $$$ on food rather than the hotel because we rarely stay in the room.

The facilities are good: internet access, transportation at your doorstep, employees are friendly and helpful, restaurant on the premise, 2 swimming pools and right in front is the beach.

You can also purchase food or drinks from the local vendors on the beach. We recommend you stay at this hotel next time you visit Nassau.

Unique Quality: Footsteps from all of the excitement of Famous Bay Street, known for duty free shopping, many great restaurants & nightlife with entertainment, downtown business, Government and financial district.

Many rooms feature Ocean or Poolside views including our room, it was breathtaking. You also have private balconies, or patios.

You can even watch Cruise Ships sail gin clear turquoise waters to Prince Georges Wharf.

• When not to use this hotel

We stayed there just a couple weeks ago 4/9 - 4/16 and found us deep in the heart of the young, dumb and drunk crowd. The first batch of spring breakers were leaving and the 2nd batch had just arrived.

Our room was nice, but we had to be moved due to a malfunctioning air-conditioner that spewed water all over our counter and belongings. The 2nd night there, a couple young 19 yr old guys decided they'd have a rah-rah session in the courtyard and went on for a good hour, I was ready to go raise havoc when I noticed a security guard politely escorting them out.

Other than that, nice hotel, great stay, beds a little hard, but all in all, good accomodations for the price. We ate pretty much every morning at the adjacent hotel, but did venture into Pineapple Place and the Cafe Johnny Canoe for breakfast and drinks respectively. Both do a decent job.

We had to shoo off tolks as they wanted my wifes autograph (swimsuit model) and we were pestered persistently. Other than that, nice place, we'd do it again.

Unique Quality: The pool was clean, rarely used. Most head over to the Crystal Palace next door as we have the same priveleges there and it has a lot more to offer.

Directions: Fifteen minutes by Jittney to downtown only $1 per ride