Nassau Harbour Club

East Bay St., Nassau, Caribbean

Satisfaction Poor

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

East end on the harbor

The Nassau Harbour Club and Marina offers guests fifty air-conditioned rooms located directly on the waters of historic Nassau Harbour. The Nassau Harbour Club is a 20 minute cab ride from Nassau Airport and 10 minutes from the beaches, casino and nightlife of Paradise Island.

Unique Quality: I have not stayed here except at the marina, but the front desk people are very knowledgeable and helpful. You can walk across to the shopping center across the street and take a jitney bus into town for $1.

More about Nassau Harbour Club

Nassau Harbour Club Hotel and Marina

by grandmaR

Very nice marina, with restaurants, a pool, laundry facilities (restricted hours), and security. There is a car available for transport to other places (which we took to the dentist). The girls at the desk and the dockmaster are all very nice people. In the photo you see that we have fenders out on the side away from the finger pier. That's because the slips are a bit narrow and there's a lot of current and some wakes in this area, so the boat next to us could knock into us.

Cost is $1.00/foot plus a mandatory charge for water/day and electricity is metered.

Nassua by Private Catamaran

by jeffswandering

"7 Days Around The Bahamas"

I spent 7 days with my ex and her kids on a private 40' cat. We chartered the boat which included a husband and wife team as the cook and the captain. Think of it as a SB&B sail boat and breakfast... We spent our first night at the Nassau Harbor Club. The hotel/harbor facilities were reasonable, but very outdated. Kind of a "This must have been really nice at one point" feel to it. The staff was adequate. Day two we meet Cliff and his wife at the boat. I couldn't wait to get out on the water, as a "husky" fella the humidity in Nassau in July was insane.

"What We Saw and Did"

We left New Providence around noon and spent only a few hours underway. We could actually see Atlantis thought he distance in binoculars as a fireworks barge had exploded and left a huge plume of smoke. (We were there for Bahamian independence day). Day two sailed out towards Eleuthera. On the open water the captain cut the engine and we saw a tone of flying fish. I also caught and released a few baracudas. We decided to anchor about an hour from Spanish wells, as the wind was working up and a huricane Emily was a long ways south, but it had affected the weater. The next morning we made our way to Spanish Wells and waited for the sun to move so cliff could navigate the "devils backbone" towards Harbor Island. Spanish Wells was a neat little town, very small as we walked across the island looking for a part for the boat in less than an hour. Across the devils backbone I saw some awesome beaches and coves. Great places to camp out and swim. I dove one of the reefs there and it was really a let down. Harbor Island was neat. The marina had a good bar, the island was quaint, but over priced. I thought the pink sand beach wasn't all that. Transportation was via rented golf carts. Put sungreen on feet. I was wearing sandals and burnt my feet to a crisp. I'll skip ahead to our last night as most of the trip was a let down due to weather and not being able to hit the dive sites I so longed for. Nassau was ok for a day. The straw market was a trip to see. The bartering back and forth. I however just left money with the girls and spent that potion of the trip in Senior Frogs pickling my liver.

"Overall Impressions"

Chartering a private boat is a great way to go. Can be pricey. Choose your companion very well. The bahamas reminded me alot of mexico. Dirty, unfinished construction, with the only difference being very expensive. If I had to choose for a sunny location between Mexico and the Bahamas... I'd go to Mexico.

RosalieAnn at Nassau Harbour ClubRosalieAnn at Nassau Harbour Club

Betsy June in Nassau Harbour Club MarinaBetsy June in Nassau Harbour Club Marina

Comments