West Bay Street, PO Box SS-19055, Nassau, New Providence Island, Caribbean
CheapCaribbean Tingo.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 48% less but rated 39% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Nassau Palm Hotel

My boyfriend and i loved it

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Holiday Inn at Junkanoo Beach from April 5 until April 10th. Before we left for the Bahamas and the Holiday Inn, I had read all the bad reviews about the hotel and I was a little scared and uneasy about what to expect. When we got there, we were truely pleased with what we saw. The hotel was a lot larger than I had thought it would be, it looked wonderful and overall it definitely exceeded my expectations. There were two pools that were clean. We didnt go in them because we were either at the beach, Atlantis, Cable beach or Downtown most of the time (or Senor Frogs) :) We arrived there around 11:30 AM and we put our luggage in the storage room. The storage room was not crowded at all. It does get packed in there but I dont see the problem with that. People have to relax... that's why most people go to the Bahamas... to have a nice relaxing experience. We walked downtown while we waited for 3 oclock to be checked in. The Holiday Inn was in a great location. It was about a 2-minute walk to downtown Nassau. There was a McDonalds nearby and downtown is full of taxi drivers, buses, little shops in buildings, the straw market, and turists. I brought all clothes that were conservative because I read that the style was more conservative (at least more than San Diego---California) but it turns out that girls are running around in short short skirts and halter tops. The Holiday Inn front desk woman checked us in about 2:52 PM. We went to our hotel room. I was expecting some dirty carpet and overall a rundown room, but again the hotel exceeded my expectations. I thought the room was not dirty at all.
There was not a safe in our room (or maybe we just didnt find it) but they had safes up front by the desk i think. We didnt use them. There was a clean shower, clean beds, clean closet and we got clean towels everyday! They made sure we had 4 clean big towels, 2 clean wash cloths and 2 clean medium towels (to dry hand on) everyday. The rooms were cleaned everyday. The door that goes out onto the balcony had a lock and a metal chain. The lock clearly didnt work, but who would climb two stories in daytime hours to steal stuff from our room. I'm sure it is possible but we didnt worry about that. I kept my money in my suitcase most of the time. I would recommend that if you do take money, or credit cards, even room key, that you put it in two plastic bags, and give it to your boyfriend or any guy to put it in his suit while you go in the water. I wouldnt leave it on the beach even though it didnt seem like anything would get stolen. Nothing, I mean Nothing of our belongings got stolen. We only brought what we needed to the beach (ex water camera, sunscreen, old old towel, bananas, sunglasses) Our hotel room also had a nice TV that had cable and HBO. I would recommend staying away from the TV and experiencing the Bahamas as much as you can because it goes by fast. There was an air conditioner in our room also and it worked very well. There was drawers to put clothes in, hangers and a closet, TV, two chairs, a table, a bedside table. We had a very pretty view of the ocean too. The traffic noise at night didn't bother me at all. I heard about 2 beeps of horns and I would fall asleep. It didnt keep me up but then again I have no problems when it comes to sleeping. The beach across from the hotel is nice. I loved it.
I wish i had spent more time there laying out buy my boyfriend just loves to explore the island. The beach was a little rocky (white rocks) but not that bad. I had no problem with it. If you get a chance to stay at the Holiday Inn, I would recommend taking a ferrie (by Senor Frogs) over to Paradise Island and visiting Atlantis, the really huge hotel that you can see everywhere. This hotel is AMAZING. It has beautiful floors and a place like Sea World where you can look at different kind of fish, sharks, lobsters, etc. They made the area where the fish are look like what Atlantis would look like underwater. But overall Holiday Inn is located in a GREAT Place (2 min walking distance from Senior Frogs- you have to check that place out... restaurant/ club at night...
its off the hook haha very fun) The Hotel was pretty and clean. The only thing that I didnt like was that they would not give me 4 quarters for a dollar so I could use the payphone. They said that they didnt have change but the Quality Inn next door had some Bahamian quarters.
If you are going to the Holiday Inn... im jealous of you and you should have fun.. relax and enjoy the Bahamas... it's worth every penny!

What a dump!

April 2004, I made reservations at the Comfort Suites in Paradise Island, only to arrive and find out that they didn't have the room reserved for the nights I had booked it for. The only hotel available for 2 nights was the Holiday Inn. What a dump! The room smelt so bad, almost like sour milk, the carpet was so dirty, I told my kids not to take their shoes off. Absolutly no towels, no hot water, the lamps didn't work. My family got stuck in the elevator twice! The staff was so rude. Vomet in the hallways. I was even thinking about sleeping outside on the pool chairs. We were never so happy to leave that place and get into a real hotel! I would rather sleep in a car then have to stay there again. The place should be torn down.

pleasantly surprised!!

WOW...my wife and I read the reviews of this Hotel and were actually considering changing hotels. Im very glad we didnt. The hotel impressed me at first sight. We went to our room and were totally impressed by the size and cleanliness of this room. We had hot water every time we showered, we had clean towels and found the maid service to be very prompt, friendly and efficient. We felt totally safe and had a breathtaking view of the ocean and cruise ships coming and going. The price of this hotel was extremely reasonable and we will return again next year. I feel the hotel was badly portrayed by many and wanted to share my experience.

Superb Holiday Inn Junkanoo Beach

Hospitality abounds at the Holiday Inn Express in Junkanoo Beach. Upgraded to a child's suite upon arrival. Nice spacious rooms, ceiling fan, room safe appreciated, coffee maker. My child had his own full size bunkbed with a picture of a ship sailing on the ocean and his own TV and radio/CD combo. Nice and clean. Close to the beach, straw market and downtown shopping. Convienant to pick up tours and walk along where the cruise ships port. The people are especially friendly and accomodating. Thanks for making our vacation extra special!!! :o}

Take your money and RUUUUNNNN back out the front door!

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO STAY AT HOLIDAY INN JUNKANOO. Oh my goodness, where should I start!! The was definetly the hotel from HELL. My two girlfriends and I where supposed to be booked for a room from Sat 5/29/04 - Thurs6/03/04. When we arrived from the airport, there was line at the front desk of many people complaining about various thing such as vomit being on the floor, the room key not being able to work, no hot water, no towels etc... My friends and I had to stand up at the front desk for over three hours, only to find out that they were severly overbooked. And that there was no room available for us and many other families. Instead of telling us the situation upfront, the staff kept on disappearing, and giving us the run around. Finally at around 9:30p, they told us that the were going to transport us to their sister hotel the Holiday Inn Sunspree. At Sunspree we were able to get a decent room, and finally get something to eat. There was some confusion because we did not know if we were staying just for the night or for the rest of our stay. We were told to try back in the morning. At around 8:00am the next day we call the front desk to see if the problem was rectified, but of course none of the staff knew anything due to lack of communication between the two hotels.At the end of athat confusion we unfortunately had to go back to Holiday Inn at Junkanoo. Check out at sunspree was 11:00am, but we were told that we could not check in to Junkanoo until 3:00pm. SO we had to waste more time. Back at Holiday Inn Junkanoo We had to deal with extermely rude and digusting staff, especially one security personel who made derogitory comments to another customer, who was also waiting for a room since the day before. The Manager was not on site and when supposedly contacted on the phone was just as rude as the staff. Anyway finally at 3:10pm we were called to the front desk to recieve the key to our "room". We get our luggage and go the section of the building that our "room" is in. From the time my roomates and I hit the hallway lead to the"room the air became damp and moldy smelling. One side of the wall there was wall paper, the other side had a wonderful assortment of MOLD growing all over. We finally arrived to the "ROOM" and the wet moldy smell was even worst. Let me mention a few things the room: There bathroom had a leak in the ceiling, not enough towels, the floor was wet, a dirtyand moldy bathtub, the carpet in the room was damp, the sheets on the bed was damp, the was no remote control for the television, there was visible dirt in various places. The only good thing about the "Room " was the view. We stayed here for one night, because we were told that we have to wait until 3:00pm the next day to get another room. The next day the woman at the front desk was helpful (Finally). The new room that we received was much better, but again the wasn't enough towels. In the night when we tried to blow dry our hair the light blew and we were rudely told by the a man at the front desk that we had to wait until the morning for someone to check the fuse box . On another night we ran out of toliet tissue and we tried called down to the front desk on severly differ occasions only to have the phone ring out. One of my roomates and I decided to down to the front desk, only to be rudely told again that he could not help us and that we would have to wait until the morning. WHAT was his purpose???? He could not even give us tissue!! So we had to end up using kleenex facial tissue!!!! We also exprienced the headache of the elevators, and door keycards not working. If it wasn't for the nice local people and the excursions that we planned, our trip would have been a complete disaster. HOLIDAY INN at JUNKANOO desperatly need revisions, repairation, customer service training!!! There location is execellent and Hopefully they will CHANGE before it is too late.

Honeymoon in Paradise

After reading some of the bad reviews of the hotel on line, I was a little unsure of what to do about our reservations. Upon arrival the hotel did not look as nice as the pictures i had seen but I told my fiancee we would wait & see what the inside looked like & if we weren't happy we would go somewhere else. We could not have been happier with what we saw!!! we had a wonderful room on the top corner floor that overlooked the beautiful harbour & lighthouse. Our room was clean, cool, & looked terrific!! We had hot water, clean towels, & our room was cleaned everyday before noon! Everyone was so friendly. We even had low water pressure in our shower on the day we arrived (due to a broken faucet) but we reported it to the front desk & before we could get back to our room the housekeeping dept. was there waiting to fix it. The staff & people of Nassau were awesome & very friendly!! We got married while we were there on the island & we are already making plans to go back for our anniversary & stay in the exact same room next year!! So please don't believe everything you read. this is one place you have to experience for yourself!!!

'Junk' Hotel & Junk Beach at the Holiday Inn Junkanoo

This hotel doesn't deserve 2 stars or any stars. We weren't expecting the Ritz, but we were at least expecting a clean Holiday Inn. This one was trashed. The first room they tried to give us hadn't been cleaned by housekeeping. The second room was down a long corridor with a stained, torn carpet that wreaked. The room carpet was disgusting and the room smelled like mold. The only good thing about this hotel was that some cigarette butt littered balconies overlooked the lagoon where you could gaze upon 3 huge cruise ships at the dock. The 'beach' is dirty & rocky, the water undoubtedly polluted by deisel engines and who knows what else from the cruise ships. This experience was so bad that after one night, we checked out and went to a real hotel that was clean!

Not bad....but

A friend and i stayed there for 4 days and while the hotel was not bad it wasn't great. The beach is full of rocks in the water and on the sand. The hotel had two pools that are ok. The room was clean and the A/C worked great. Plenty of towels. There weren't many choices for room service and we had a problem ordering lunch at 12:00 cause they were changing over from breakfast. THat was a bit annoying. Also when we ordered room service we put the try outside our door to be picked up and it sat there for almost 2 days. There is a refrigerator in the room that can fit many drinks and food also. The room had an iron and ironing board as well as a haridryer. We always had plenty of towels. The water pressue was ok. Plenty of hot water. The staff was very friendly. The bus to go downtown or to cable beach stops right in front of the hotel so that was cool. Had a minor problem using a calling card from the room. Also there is a .75 charge everytime you use the phone even if you don't connect. The hotel was not bad for the price but if your looking to go the beach alot then it's not good. There is also some construction going on near the hotel and there was a bulldozer on the beach. I don't think i would stay there again only because of the beach but overall not bad.

Loved it!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mrs_grant

I haven't been on a vacation in 20 years and trying to figure out where to stay was overwhelming. But I figured you can't go wrong with the Holiday Inn. So let me just say I loved the Holiday Inn at Junkanoo beach! Everyone was so nice. My room was on the first floor and outside my door was the small pool. I loved walking across the street to the beach. I felt totally safe because there was security everywhere. Even the pool boy was constantly asking me if I was o.k. because he saw that I was alone. The only thing I didn't like was the food. It took 45 minutes for me to get a salad. But while I waited I sat at the bar and had a wonderful conversation with the bartender. I too am already planning my trip back for next year. I hope to get the same room and see some of the same friendly faces.

Not like the pictures....but the town is still nice.

The pictures of the hotel are maybe what the hotel used to look like. The upkeep of the hotel was just average. The hospitality of the staff could have been better. The maids would not leave enough towels even after you asked them to leave more. But I did realize that the hotel is independently owned which would make anyone understand why the service isn't like your average Holiday Inns. I still enjoyed myself in the Araway Cay and Downtown areas because the people overall are very nice. And the beach was very nice and clean and clear and you don't have to worry about being in a oil-filled ocean like it is at our California beaches. The Junkanoo Beach Holiday Inn just needs to start training their staff better so that people could leave there happy like they would after spending time at the beach.

Best Hotel in Nassau For First Week in July

by JoshMigs

Hi, a few friends and I are thinking about going to the Bahamas July 1-8. I am an annual Cancun, Mexico person and figured I would change it up this year. I was wondering if anyone can fill me in on where the party hotels are in Bahamas, and where the majority of age 17-20 kids/students will be during this week in summer. If any of you know anything about Cancun, I am looking for a hotel that is much alike Oasis Cancun, the craziest student party hotel in Mexico. Any information would be great, thanks a lot!!

RE: Best Hotel in Nassau For First Week in July

by TamaraZ

You won't find much "Crazy partying" in the bahamas during the summer. Most hotels are filled with families on vacation. There are some clubs that may suit your needs and the booze cruise during the day. Budget hotels are Nassau Palm, Quality Inn, and Towne Hotel. There are a few graduation trips, but not like you'll find in Cancun.

Hey there friends! I have a question about Cable Beach

by abby714

Hello!
I will be staying in a Cable Beach hotel in May and I wanted to ask are there any attractions there within walking distance? Is it a lively touristy area or is it just a strip of hotels? Plus, please tell me if there are any restaurants on Cable Beach, as well.
Thanks!
Have an awesome weekend!
Abby.

Re: Hey there friends! I have a question about Cable Beach

by pieter_jan_v

It's just a strip of Hotels and a casino. There is a pizza joint that I knew of. Just take a cab to Nassau for more entertainment/restaurants.

PJ

Re: Hey there friends! I have a question about Cable Beach

by coppertone1980

My husband and I returned from Cable Beach last night. We stayed at the Wyndham/Sheraton property. There isn't much in terms of attractions and restaurants on Cable beach. Cable Beach is getting ready to get a major renovation later this year. They are going to be building a resort similar to The Atlantis. There are only a few hotels on Cable Beach, Wyndham, Sheraton, Breezes, Nassau Palm and Sandals is off to the west. We rented a car on Thursday and drove around the entire island. Cable Beach is by far the prettiest, with Cabbage beach coming in second. We drove to the Fish Fry (you HAVE to go there) two times for excellent meals. You can't walk, it's about a 10 min drive. There are restaurants in the hotels that you might enjoy. But as far as attractions go, there isn't much on Cable Beach. Let me know if you have any other questions. I would recommend a day trip. We were going to fly to Harbour Island or the Abacos as we are in search of the best beach in the Caribbean but we ran out of time.

Nassau hotel help

by Dean&Vanessa

Hello

We were planning on spending a couple of nights in Nassau in early April 05 and everything looks expensive,

We were seeking names of hotels that were clean, safe, easily accessible by public transport and US$100 per night or below?

How do get to and from airport?

Any other hints to help us enjoy our stay would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone help us?

Cheers Dean

Re: Nassau hotel help

by grandmaR

I suggest either the Comfort Inn on Paradise Island (although not accessible by public transport but it has a good beach and you can use the beaches etc at Atlantis) or the Nassau Harbour Club which is right at the end of East Bay Street. It has good security and is right across the street from a shopping center on the other side of which you can get a jitney bus into town. There's no beach though - only a pool but there are a couple of restaurants on site and several within walking distance (for me).

You will have to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel I think.

Re: Re: Nassau hotel help

by Wojtek_R

You cant beat the British Colonial in Nassau, rooms start at $99 with a great pool and beach

Taxi from airport to town is $22, to PI more
Ferries to PI from town are $3, taxis $5 per person

All hotel rooms in Nassau charge 12% tax and at least an extra $10 surcharges per person per night

Avoid the Towne Hotel

Re: Re: Nassau hotel help

by rhyan04

Nassau is very expensive. You should stay at the Comfort Suites. You will then have access toi all of the Atlantis Properties that is worth weel over 200-300 dollars alone.

RE: Nassau hotel help

by TamaraZ

Generally speaking, rooms under $100 are hard to come by and when you find them they are mostly spring break budget hotels. You might try Orange Hill which is across the street from the beach, Nassau Palm - which used to be the Holiday Inn, also is across the street from the water, or Park Manor which is off the beaten path.
You'll need to take a cab from the airport. Sould run about $15 - $22 for two people depending where you are heading. (plus gratuity)

Be aware, that room rates usually do NOT include mandatory tax and gratuity, which adds about $20 per nite to the room.

Comments