Ocean Ridge Dr, New Providence Island, Caribbean

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• jujub's Profile Photo

i stayed at the Nassau...

i stayed at the Nassau Marriot, which wasn't all that impressive to tell you the truth... kind of crappy for a marriot, but i can't complain much, had a bed, bathroom, and a balcony. Oh, and in case you end up staying there, good luck trying to order room service late at night, they didn't have most of the items listed, but they did have pizza hut (HEHEHEHEHEH -- yes, you travel thousands of miles to a different country to eat... PIZZA HUT!).

here is a picture from the hotel balcony... there are two beaches, the marriot is right in the middle. I liked the beach to the right (towards downtown) better, it had a longer stretch of sand.. (as pictured). The one to the left had jet skis and boats, which made me a bit hesitant of getting into the water, since i could see the grease escaping their motors...
    uh.. expensive... i don't know, our friend got a travel grant, and that is how i ended up there.. ;)

Unique Quality: very .... pink...

More about Paradise Island Beach Club

The Sheraton (or it might be...

by tiffm

The Sheraton (or it might be the Radisson now) on Paradise Island All the rooms are ocean view, it is within walking distance of the Atlantis Casino, and within walking distance of the ferries to go to Nassau. I liked it here because it was a little quieter than the Atlantis, but close enough for action if you wanted it. Also the beach is very nice, a lot less crowded, and is long enough for a great walk.

Great People

by Barbmack about Comfort Suites Paradise Island (Po Box 6202.)

We stayed for 7 nights at Comfort Suite and did not find one staff that was not great. Why any one would pay to stay at Atlantis when they could stay at Comfort Suites and be treated so awesome, I do not know. Food was really good and the rooms were clean. Would come back.
Barb Michael and Crytals were great at the pool side bar. More than willing to help out finding places to eat and what to do.

by Stellaluna about Atlantis

I haven't stayed here but we did visit the hotel. Words can't describe the massive structures and many many recreation areas.

Great location

by Speze about Comfort Suites Paradise Island (Po Box 6202.)

Clean rooms each day, polite and helpfull staff. Good breakfast in the morning and use of all the facilities of Atlantis.

We stayed at a fansy resort on...

by honeyhushpl

We stayed at a fansy resort on Paradise Island. It was right on the beach. It had casinos down stairs, where I won 200 playing black jack.

by crazygal59

"Paradise Island"

My favorite place to travel to. Very friendly people,great weather and always enjoyable.

This is a fun way to cool off. Water is only about 3ft deep so kids can enjoy as well.

by datdanigirl

Twice I have been to the Bahamas, most recently by cruise ship. I had been to Paradise Island the year before and stayed a week at the Atlantis in the Royal Towers.. I was so impressed with it that I dragged my cruising partner over to see it.

Having stayed there previously I knew how the resort operated.. they have very strict security because so many tourists come just to see the place. It really is worth the visit!! But we were broke and didn't want to pay for the tour (cocktails on cruises not included and VERY expensive!!!).. entering via the beach and being chatty with security (if you look like you know what you're doing, you can get away with alot!) we got to access the tunnels that lead through the aquariums.. my friend agreed it was worth the visit as well.

Paradise Island Blast!!

by streckman

"Paradise Island Vacation"

Booked our trip to Paradise Island thru Bluegreen, who we have our timeshare with and ended up staying at the Club Land 'Or right across the marina from Atlantis with full Atlantis beach priviledges!!

Nassau and Paradise Island

by seagoingJLW

"The Ultimate Resort"

Wonderful resort hotels are all over, especially on Paradise Island. There are many shops and loads of tourists.

There are wonderful underwater adventures available.

There are some very good photos on my travelogue under The Bahamas.

Between Nassau and Paradise IslandBetween Nassau and Paradise Island

Old bridge to Paradise IslandOld bridge to Paradise Island

Aquarium at Paradise IslandAquarium at Paradise Island

Paradise Island & NassauParadise Island & Nassau

What to do with only half a day

by ASimmo

Hi
We are visiting Nassau for just half a day when our cruise ship stops there. What is the one thing that we really must not miss?

Many thanks

Re: What to do with only half a day

by southbeachone

Part of that decision depends on what you really want to do, and whether you have the chance elsewhere on your cruise. For example, if you desperately want to snorkel or dive, you might be able to do it if you had it all arranged ahead of time. Check with a major dive operator to find out your options. If you want a gorgeous beach, take a taxi over to Paradise Island to the Paradise Island Beach Club, which has my favorite beach on the island.

Re: What to do with only half a day

by grandmaR

There's not much that you must not miss in Nassau. I personally would recommend the aquarium at Atlantis (Paradise Island) because I love aquariums. When we were there it cost about $25 each. We took a taxi to the end of the bridges and then walked across the bridges which are high over the harbor. Or you could take the jitney bus down Bay Street, or even walk. With restricted time, though, a taxi might be the best bet.

There are some other things to see in Nassau itself. Apparently you can climb the water tower (I have not done that),and you can get there for about $1 on the jitney bus. There are some forts, Queen Elizabeth's Steps, a botanical guarden and a couple of museums.

Comments