Paradise Island Harbour Resort

Harbor Drive (formerly Holiday Inn SunSpree Paradise Island), New Providence Island , Caribbean

Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Don't shy aware over bad reviews

First we can say that this is a 3** star resort. Our expectations were not a four or a five star resort.
    The price for the vacation was a good deal ( all Inclusive).
    The food was good and the service was great....
    The hotel is clean and yes some repairs needed but, by far it is not a dump.
    The beds are comfy and rooms clean.
    The entertainment was good and the pool, bar and beach are Awesome!
    The best thing of all is the location, location , location within 8 minute walking distance to Atlantis within 5 minutes walking distance to the fairy boat to go shopping or to the fish fry in Nassau.
    If you are looking for an affordable family or couple vacation that saves you money in your pocket this is the vacation for you.

• Paradise Island's Best Kept Secret

Yes, I would definitely recommend this resort to a family member and friends. My family and I have just found us a place to stay while visiting Nassau, Bahamas and the wonderful thing about it is that you get three full course "Delicious" meals daily at a nice facility to stay at that is well worth it. Everything was wonderful. The food was delicious and the staff members were all very professional, polite and friendly. The amenities and facilities were all so nice and clean.

Why, because the staff showed genuine friendly hospitality and by doing so in my opinion it reflected on the culture of the Bahamas.

Keep up the good work!!!

My family and I had a wonderful time and we will be back...

It is Better in the Bahamas but you got to visit there to see why.

Unique Quality: The Staff were all very friendly.

• Great time, amazing stay!

We were a little worried after reading some negative reviews, but were very pleasantly suprised when we got there! The hotel was very neat and clean, and the hotel staff was so helpful and friendly! The food was great at both the buffet and the pool bar, and the drinks were good too! At night the hotel would put on neat little shows in the lobby, and it is a quick walk to the casinos and clubs at Atlantis, a cute souvenier shopping center, and Cabbage Beach. Our room was clean and spacious, and really our only complaint was that the walls were thin and we had some especially noisy neighbors. Other than that though, we had an incredible time and it was a great deal for our money!

Unique Quality: The pool area was beautiful, as was a cute little dock you could walk down to look at the sunset. The lagoon was nice too, but could use some fixing up. The hotel staff was so friendly and helpful and we had an amazing time. Plus, the hotel is a short walk to Cabbage Beach, casinos at Atlantis, and shops and restaurants.

Directions: To the right once you cross the bridge from Nassau, past the docks.

• Martman's Profile Photo

Happy with accommodation -> Holiday Inn

I was happy with my stay. The staff was generally efficient. The garden behind the building often had activities for guest participation, such as volleyball. What I thought was a huge plus is that the hotel is walking distance from the famous Atlantis Paradise hotel. I often meandered my way there. One does not have to stay in that fancy hotel to enjoy it! The Holiday Inn Sunspree is also about ten minutes walk from the dock for taking the boat to Nassau. Given the package deal, I had a good rate for accomodation.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a really nice beautiful pool, for those who felt like staying in the area. Once when I swam there, I once noticed in the far corner, partially obscured, a young lady sunbathing on her back topless. I do not know how frequent this occurs at the hotel. No one seemed to mind or care, so there was no problem.

Holiday Inn Sunspree -- The food and drink

The food here is pretty good. They do a lot of nice things and I would say it is one or even two cuts above Denny's. They serve reasonably fresh tasting seafood, and have plenty of everything in their three restaurants. There is something to eat all day, and in the evening they often BBQ. The food is good, but it never really loses the mass-produced feel. What drove us nuts was the bracelet, used to identify guests, and which you can't remove. If you snip it off so as not to be instantly recognizable as a tourist... DING!! That will be $75 please!

Unique Quality: The HIS serves what to me is mid-level alcohol. You can choose from Kalik, Lucaya, or Miller Light beers. They serve local rum, and imported Chilean wine of decent quality. You won't find top shelf brands and a few of the spirits I sampled were kind of rough, but overall, its standard, off the shelf alcohol. I don't know about soft drinks.

Holiday Inn Sunspree -- The facilities

Generally speaking, I found the facilities here to be pretty good. They have a nice hot tub, a spacious pool, nice exercise rooms, and a pleasant lobby. They were a good deal for the money and they provided towels at the front desk for when you went out. Its $25 if you lose one. They provide all the services of a normal hotel, including booking agents for sightseeing or tours.

Unique Quality: The one thing here that I liked a lot, was the fact that they didn't seem to regulate the staff's manners towards the guests. They had to provide service really, but their attitudes ran the gamut from the friendliest hug-givers, to semi-sullen. Take you rown opinion on this, but I prefer that to the canned sunny smiles and fake good cheer of a lot of places.

Directions: On the beach, ten minutes walk from the Atlantis

Holiday Inn Sunspree -- The room

Speaking only about the room itself, this was really bad. I don't have high expectations for a room, and I'm pleased to say the a/c worked just fine, but our room had foul smelling water with plumbing askew, the door scraped along the floor. Maid service was spotty and when we checked in they hadn't removed the previous guest's towels. The room's safe didn't work making us carry our passportsna d cash everywhere we went. The furniture generally seemed decrepit, and of course, we were over the bar, which gave us live though muffled music well into the night.

Unique Quality: Whatever you consider here, don't accept room 208.

Directions: On the beach, ten minutes walk to the Atlantis

More about Paradise Island Harbour Resort

The Atlantis Hotel, Paradise,...

by floedge

The Atlantis Hotel, Paradise, Island
US$260.00 and up to $25,000.00 per night The Atlantis is one of a kind. Set against the backdrop of the most systerious and legendary resort in The Bahamas. The Atlantis has 11 exhibit lagoons, home to over 40,000 sea creatures The Atlantis adventure is endless.

we stayed at comfort suites on...

by pheins

we stayed at comfort suites on paradise island and it was a jr suite. very nice room and hotel with excellant location, close to restaurants and shopping and the beach and marina. nice pool, fairly large rooms, can get refrig in room for $6.00 a day extra. excellant location

Atlantis on Paradise...

by Wenasje

Atlantis on Paradise Island.
Considering our limited financial resources, we did not stay in this enormous, top-end resort. You can not call this a hotel, it's more like an entire village. There are different hotel types, several pools, a casino, marine-attractions, etc. We did go here and visited the site for a couple of hours. And even though it wasn't really our thing (too massive and crowded), it was impressive.
Check out: www.atlantis.com for their website.

I stayed at the Atlantis...

by Ruza

I stayed at the Atlantis resort on paradise island. Such a beautiful place. It was really expensive but definately worth every penny spent. There is a man made lagoon which is perfect for small children and those who are afraid of the ocean. There are many many aquariums full of stingrays, sharks, and other fish. Bahamas is famous for its casinos so don't bring a lot of money with you. Most hotels in bahamas are relatively nice so don't be too afraid of what you may get.

Paradise Island Harbor ResortParadise Island Harbor Resort

Paradise Island to The Exumas

by liz_coe

Hello VTer's,

Does anyone know how to get from Paradise Island to the Exumas? By ferry and any other method? Cost adn contact information would be great if you have it thank you.

Comments