3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

CheapCaribbean Booking.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 89% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Disappointing Resort

Was very disappointed when we arrived. The resort looked nothing like the pictures on the internet. I'm assuming the pictures were taken a long time ago. The resort was very run down and not clean. The walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERY noise outside your room all night long. Doors slamming and people walking down the hall talking and laughing at all hours of the night. The breakfast and lunch buffet are not bad. The dinner buffet is not great. We didn't have a chance to eat at the restaurants because the reservation process is a joke. The entertainment staff, however, was outstanding and went above and beyond to see that we had a good time. This resort could be top notch with a little TLC and probably better management. The rooms are small and not great. Bathrooms appear to have been updated recently, but rarely did we have hot water. The water pressure is terrible. Sometimes we had absolutelly no water. Beds are very uncomfortable. No ammenities at all. We had a "delux ocean view room". You could see the ocean if you crained your neck out the window. Didn't like the fact that every graduating senior from high school comes there to get drunk off their butt and use the F bomb repeatedly. Very unclassy. Seagulls everywhere. Pretty disgusting. I guess you get what you pay for. Would not recommend this resort and would not stay there again.

• Great Value

My husband and I took our 20 year old daughter to Breezes for spring break March 18-22, 2012. We had a wonderful time! Breezes staff always had a happy positive attitude very accommodating and helpful! The resort is older not fancy but is kept very very clean and maintained. Daytime and evening entertainment is provided for everyone! Security was posted on each floor every evening to avoid any problems. We did NOT encountered any problems! The experience at Breezes was great unlike the rude, poor attitudes at the Sheraton and on Paradise Island.

Unique Quality: Beach was beautiful and the staff so kind and helpful!

• Awesome time!

I had a great time at Breezes with my friend. All of the staff at the resort were very friendly and nice. Many of the staff members we interacted with said hello to us by name the next time we saw them. They all wanted to make sure we were having a good time. They have activities planned out for each day that you can attend if you wish to. During the day they have a rock wall and trapeze available for a few hours at a time, where Edwin and Jared worked during our stay, both of them were awesome.

The beach was very close to the hotel, was a quick trip down the elevator and out the door. They have lots of beach lounge chairs for you to use, and towels to borrow by the pools. There were two pools and a jacuzzi. I didn't go in the pool because there were seagulls bathing themselves in it, but I prefer the ocean over a pool anyway. Beach was nice, lovely white sand, a little seaweed as expected from the ocean, and beautiful blue water.

For dining you can make reservations at either the Garden of Eden or Martino's, but make reservations early, as there is a limited amount of reservations available. If it is your birthday (and you tell them that it is) they'll bring you a birthday cake! I thought the buffet was good, a lot of different options to choose from, they don't have the same things every night, so I didn't get bored with it. There is also the poolside grill, for burgers, fries, hot dogs, salad, conch fritters, etc. Make sure you ask for lettuce, tomato, onion, etc if you want it, otherwise its just a burger on a bun. They also have tea/coffee at 4 in the piano bar.

Every night they had live music and entertainment. Funky D and the Summer Breeze Band played every night, and were very good. Funky D was excellent and very entertaining, loves interacting with the crowd, as do some other staff members during that time. The other entertainment is different every night, they have the schedule in the stairwell that goes to the main dining hall. If you aren't ready to end the night after that, Club Hurricane is open until 3 am for drinks and dancing.

We stayed at the resort basically the entire time and kept ourselves very busy there soaking up all the fun stuff the resort had to offer. We only left once to go to town to get souvenirs, which there were plenty of places to get those. If you are any good at haggling go to the straw market, I'm not so I kept to the stores.

Unique Quality: Funky D and the Summer Breeze Band was a lot of fun! I just wish I had asked him if they had an album I could buy so bring the sounds of the Bahamas home with me.

Rock wall and trapeze were a lot of fun and had progressively more difficult levels if you wanted to continue to challenge yourself.

• lsargent1980's Profile Photo

Awesome first time experience!!!

We stayed for 5 days at Breezes, we were very pleased with everything. After reading the reviews, I was a little leery of the place, but I am writing this to say it was totally not what I thought! When we arrived we were tired and overwhelmed from a long day of flying and sitting and waiting. We were picked up by the shuttle and taken to Breezes, the driver was very nice and helpful. Once we arrived we were promptly checked in and our luggage was taken to the room for us. The rooms are big and have nice bathrooms and flat screen tvs. It does smell like mildew but what do you expect when your footsteps from the beach? Everyone of the staff from the bartenders, cooks, entertainment, maids, and servers are extremely friendly and helpful. All these reviews about the alcohol are so wrong!! Their drinks were so good and who cares if the liquor isnt top shelf its free!!!!! Every drink we tried was excellent. They have everything you could ever want. The food was delicious, the buffet was never disappointing. Our food was always hot and fresh with some many selections. The outside grill was great too! The seagulls leave you alone as long as you dont feed them like the signs say! I would defintely recommend this place to everyone and go back in a heartbeat. For the price, I was more than pleased with every single thing about the place.

Unique Quality: This place has every water activity you could think of doing. There are always activities to do or play. They have board games for rainy days, ping pong tables, pool tables. The staff is very accomadating.

Directions: not far from airport but right on cable beach

• Worst Vacation Ever

I want to start this out by saying that this is my fifth stay at an all inclusive resort. This is the only time that I've taken the time to write a review because the stay was the worst experience ever. We could not wait for it to end.

My boyfriend got food poisoning. We never left the resort to eat, so we know he got it at Breezes. We had to call the nurse and he was sick in bed with diarrhea and vomiting for 2 days. To top it off the nurse gave us no medication to help him (we had to pay for it from their gift shop). And we were not the only ones to buy medication.

There was way too much noise when you were in your own room with the door and windows shut. You could still hear the band until late at night and all people in the hallway at all hours of the night (doors shutting, heels clicking on floor and talking).

Seagulls all over the place - You have to cover your food and protect it for your life at this resort. Breezes does nothing to try and prevent the gulls from having free reign at the hotel.

No fridges in room to hold bottled water and/or pop. All other all inclusive resorts had this amenity.

Staff was very lazy. You had to wait forever and ask multiple times to get any service.

All in all, stay at your own risk. I would recommend for the same price any resort in Mexico, where the service and stay are a 100 times better.

Unique Quality: Nothing that sets it apart from any other all inclusive resort.

• worst place ever

I thought I checked the reviews carefully, but didn't.
    IF you like the following - Breezes Bahamas is for you.
    ..Get into check in line at hotel and wait - till it's your turn, be prepared for a long wait even though the line looks short. Front desk personal are real inefficient, as if it was there first time checking in guests.
    ..Like NO as an answer for any & all questions/requests you may have from front desk personal.
    ..Like waiting an hour or more for your luggage that you were told would be there before you got to hotel. Luggage travels on a separate bus!
    ..Drinking as much liquor as you want, as long as it's cheap inexpensive liquor. There are no premium brands and the well liquor is pretty bad.
    ..Food, four options.
    1) Buffet. If you prefer your food cold & unappealing this is the place for you. You'll also find that they run out of many of the items and are relunctant to replace. Plus once you have your food you'll need to find a clean table - which is difficult, because they leave dirty dishes on the tables until some guest asks them to clean the table and bring fresh silverware and coffee.
    2) Outdoor Grill. One of the better options for eating - just don't look to see how clean it is, cause it's not! Hot Dogs/Hamburgers/Salads
    3) Pastafari. Really so bad that it's funny.
    4) Eden. Not bad - just not good - mediocre is the best word for it. Hostess Shelly is great!
    Re all food - there is obviously NO manager over this as they really do not care about the quality of their food or preparation of the food. Now I know that most of us that go to a hotel like this understand that the food will be at best 'okay' - but Breezes takes it a step farther and makes sure that whatever ingredients they use are mediocre and that the staff will prepare them to your worst expectations. And then give you poor service to back it up.
    Rooms: okay, nothing special, roomy - clean bathrooms, old furnishings, but new flat screen tv's. Maids are very good at keeping the rooms clean!
    Property: a little sketchy, not really taken care of well.
    Employees seem to want to make sure you are happy, they just don't have the tools and are not given the skills that their jobs require. Obviously a management problem.
    Management at this property is either looking the other way or their management wants to portray a poorly run operation.
    With a little care and employee instruction this could be a 3 star property - right now it's maybe a 1 star property on a beautiful beach.

Unique Quality: great beach = everything else is baaaaaaaaaad

Directions: cable beach

• Crease27's Profile Photo

All Inclusives...

I have nothing but fabulous things to say about Breezes. Who wouldn't after being greeted at the front desk with a rum runner? I was travelling with a big group (19) and honestly, an all-inclusive is the way to go. No one had to worry about splitting bills at the restaurants and there was more than enough alcohol to suit our needs!

Unique Quality: The staff at Breezes was phenomenal. Probably the nicest, most welcoming staff I have ever encountered. The only problem we had was one person in our group had some money stolen from his room. They give you a key to a safe in your room and I suggest that you don't leave it out on your dresser while your room is being cleaned. Had the safe key not been in plain site, I doubt anything would have been taken.
    Buffet style meals, all incredible. Loads of fresh fruit all the time!

Directions: Nassau

More about SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas

Breezes Bahamas

by ArenJo about Breezes Bahamas

I would recommend this resort to others. The service was good, the resort itself was great and there was a lot to do there, however the rooms were lacking. The "midnight snack" wasn't too great, it was old stuff and not much was there to choose from. The breakfast was wonderful! I saw one cockroach in my room and I only stayed one night. The room was very, very basic. Of course, I work for an airline so I'm sure we got the worst rooms available (they keep better rooms for paying guests). So, I can't comment on the more expensive rooms.

The shows at night are decent. Nothing specatcular, but something to do if you are up at night and don't feel safe wandering the streets or the beach. Beautiful views around the pool and ocean.

go to breezes bahamas

If you want sun,blue sea,white sand, great selection of any food you like, fab entertainment much more friendly staff to enjoy your hoilday with than other places can offer you. Being so relaxing in the bahamas, where you can takes walks out side the hotel if you like. Wheres unlike places like Jamacia, youv`e got to be careful!!!!

Don't Go To Breezes Bahamas!!!

Ok, do not waste your money here! Please Please Please try a different hotel or island! Bahamas itself is of course gorgeous! What island isn't! But Breezes was horrible! I went with my boyfriend in October 2002, and as soon as we arrived, I was getting a nasty cold. So the first few days sucked for me because of the cold that was just getting worse. When I could hardly even breath, I had my boyfriend go to the front desk and ask where the Nurse's Office was so he could get me some medicane. Well, not only did they not help him but they were rude. They told him how to get to it, and he walked around for an hour trying to find it, he went back 3 times to the front desk, and no one would help him find it. Finally he came back to the room and I went with him, asking the front desk once again to help us before I passed out, and they still would not help! After 2 hours, we finally found the Nurse, and she gave me THERAFLU!!! The only thing she did was give me THERAFLU! It didn't help at all. Anyway, after I was beginning to feel a little better...I got food poisoning from there nasty food! The buffet they have for bfast,lunch,&dinner is the worst food ever!!! They try to make American food but it dosen't taste anything like it! I do not eat any seafood and hardly any meat, and I still managed to get food poisoning! My boyfriend also hated the food. So basically my week was ruined because I got such bad food poisoning, I couldn't even leave the room. Also, Breezes was very small, there was nothing to do at night. We are a very young active couple and we went to bed at 9pm every night it was so boring! Also, we went on a cruise to go snorkeling, not only did I puke my brains out because the boat was rocking so bad, so were over half of the other people on the boat, and yet they still made us do all the snorkeling stops, instead of bringing us back and calling it short cause everyone was sick. There even was a storm coming in that looks liked hell opening up in the sky, but they said, nah it's fine! U
mas!

Jason and I stayed at Breezes...

by mmanchack

Jason and I stayed at Breezes Bahamas, on the lovely Cable Beach. This all-inclusive resort had everything to offer - lovely amenities in the room as well as a great pool complex, fun activities and wonderful bars and restaurants. We spend our days playing tennis, pool, swimming, water skiing, exercising, and scuba diving - all at Breezes! The price also includes as much food and beverages you could ever want! The best part about this is that you don't have to worry about lugging your wallet around on vacation! We rarely left the resort because there was no need to do so.

I would compare Breezes to Sandals Resort, but at a fraction of the price! Also notable was the very friendly and helpful staff. I highly recommend it.

All Inclusive Resort

by Robbie330 about Breezes Bahamas

we stayed at Breezes Bahamas - making this the first time i stayed at one of these all-inclusive resorts. i have to admit i had some doubts, especially about the food, but i can say honestly the stay exceeded my expectations. the food was fine and plenty of it; the booze selection included top brands; and activities like hobie-cat sailing were awesome. the staff does try and get the guests involved in games around the pool, like trivia contests and pool volleyball and beer guzzling, but you can avoid that stuff if you want to. the beach area is so big that you can get away from the main pool area and not hear anything if you prefer a little seclusion. there's also three tennis courts and lessons available. the best part for us was sailing the ten foot hobie cats, which were included in the price of the stay. the resort had three hobie-cats available to take out anytime we wanted. there weren't a lot of people signing up, so no long waiting list! also, the waters in the area are perfect for this kind of sailing - not too deep or too choppy, and that beautiful Caribbean turquoise color.

the all-included food was good. the resort did a pretty nice job of not presenting the exact same options for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. in the main dining room in the mornings there were two places to order an omelet the way you want it. also, lots of fresh salmon. i have to admit - the fact that we didn't have to think about where to go or what to have to eat every day gave us more time to sail and play tennis and swim and relax.

On a Budget?

by happyhourkid about Cable Beach Area

It's all good. One thing I will say about Atlantis is it is very expensive. But when you have a lot to maintain, like the world's largest aquarium, it should be expensive and it is well worth it for all you get to experience. But for those who want a little more of a subtle beating on their pocket book, there are other terrific resorts like the Radisson (pictured), Nassau Beach Hotel, Breezes Bahamas, and the Wyndham & Crystal Palace Casino. All offer decent values, are just 10-15 minutes from the airport, and are minutes from downtown and not too far from Atlantis either. No matter where you stay, you can purchase day admission to get into the Atlantis and although you cannot use their facilities like the pools, waterslide, etc. you can have a walk through the aquarium. That in itself is so much worth it. Most Cable Beach area hotels, like the ones mentioned above, are right on the white sand Cable Beach. No matter where you stay, you will be stared down by the freak of nature, Atlantis Paradise Island. Notice it way off in the distance in the picture.

Better in Breezes Bahamas

by iam1wthee about Breezes Bahamas

Transfers from and to the airport were free and easy to obtain. It was a 20 minute ride between there and the hotel. I was pleased with the landscaping of the hotel as well as the main lobby decor.

I stayed in an ocean front room where if you stood in the far right corner of the window you could see the beach. The vast majority of my view was garden, tennis court, bike run, and wedding area. The bed was kingsize and comfortable. The room was clean and well kept. There were not enough outlets in the room for the coffee pot and iron they gave us much less our own stuff. We had to ask for a splitter in order to use them all. On our last day when we plugged in the coffee pot all the lights in the room went out. There really isn't much of a balcony on any of the rooms in this hotel. You can not put a chair or anything like that on it.

The service was satisfactory. Some were not as friendly as others. No one was rude though.

There was a main dining room and two restaurants. They seat you for dinner no matter which one you go to. You have to book the restaurants a day in advance in order to eat in them so we only ate at the main dining room. The first day we were there we did not care for the food but it greatly improved for the rest of our stay. I understand they have different chefs on different days. There is a midnight buffet but the choices are a lot smaller and then there is also late night snacks from 3-5am.

For physical activity they have exercise machines, trapeze, rock wall, 3 tennis courts, basketball, bicycles, table tennis, beach volleyball, jogging trail. 3 pools flow into one another and one pool (jacuzzi) to the side are all in front of the beach. 2 massage tables by the pools and then on the other side of the beach another 2. The masseuse there is good but their charges are not included in price.

Internet is available but no printing is allowed. The entertainment was spectacular for the most part. They have their own band Funky D and the Summer Breeze playing mainly 70's music now and then 60's and 80's as well. There is one guy who sang 90's and todays music who from time to time sings along with Funky D. There is also Bahama Mama and the La Chic dancers. I did not care for the time when they used the staff of Breezes to entertain us. Their dance routines were weak, cheesy, and they had no life. There is a small disco on the premises as well that plays more current music.

The area in which this resort is located was safe. You could walk around at any hour and feel safe. Nearby is a small craft market but the one in town is cheaper. You can also walk to a casino, golf course, and a local disco. Various banks are also next door. The local bus stop is right at the end of the resort to your left. It will take you straight into downtown where the bigger straw market is in Nassau, Pirate museum, and Junkanoo festival is held.

They have a lot of games and offer dance classes during the day and afternoon. These are fun even if you do not participate just watch and laugh at people making a fool of themselves.

There is a game room right outside the gym where they offer pool, air hockey, and a number of different board games.

There are also sailing lessons, water skiing lessons etc. Other water sports included in package are kayaking and peddle boats. Next to Breezes is a place where men offer banana boat trips , parasail, and jet ski -these you will have to pay.

Beach at BreezesBeach at Breezes

Nassau, BahamasNassau, Bahamas

Nassau - BahamasNassau - Bahamas

Nassau - BahamasNassau - Bahamas

What to expect from the rain in June

by taraturai

Hello ~ Our family (my husband and my 4 year old)leave for Nassau on Monday June 13th. The Weather channel says to pack an umbrella. OUCH...what do they mean by scattered showers? Should we start to find stuff to do inside or are they light and fast showers. We had a ruined vacation in October in Cancun and we are really hoping this is not a repeat of that rain. We couldn't even go outside and everything flooded. Please let us know what the rain is like and if it is heavy what do you think our family can enjoy inside. We are at the Atlantis resort.

Thank you !!!

RE: What to expect from the rain in June

by crazygal59

By "showers" they usually mean 5 minutes. We have been many times in June and have never had to stay in because of the rain. We have been by the pool in our swimsuits when a rain cloud passed and we never even had to get up from the deck chairs. You won't need to worry about being rained out. You will have a great time at Atlantis. We love it and plan to go back there this year. Any questions about the hotel, I'd be glad to answer what I can.

RE: RE: What to expect from the rain in June

by taraturai

Thank you so much !! We are very happy to hear that the rain is not an all day thing. We would love any information you could give us. Were there any things you did that you wish you would have know about sooner. Is there an easy was to get around? Are there any "must go back" places when you visit.
We got the meal plan...is there a great place to eat or a not so great place?
Thanks again,

Tara Turai

RE: RE: What to expect from the rain in June

by crazygal59

You can visit my travel pages to find out more info on Atlantis. There are lots of great restaurants, but it is very expensive. For a change of pace you can walk across the street to Anthony's Bar & Grill. The food is good and the atmosphere is fun and probably a nice easy meal with a four year old. You can also check out the Discovery Channel Camp at Atlantis for your little one.They can go in at age 4.

Re: What to expect from the rain in June

by sydaus

HI

i was just curious to find out how the weather was for you in June?
I am planning on travelling to Nassau and staying at Breezes Bahamas around 20Jun and info you can provide would be appreciated.

Cheers