40 George Street, P.O. Box N-4808, Nassau, New Providence Island, Caribbean

Booking.com Hotelsclick.com Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Poor

• speedypete's Profile Photo

Great value and very friendly !

We just loved this clean budget priced hotel where we stayed for 9 nights over Christmas and New Year.... which is above average for the price ,and we would most definately return...it is centrally placed and convenient to the Bay street area and lots of places of historical interest.
    The world famous straw market is less than 200 yards away as are lots of restaurants and bus services to all over the island for only $1 per person...
    Now for the hotel...which is not the Ritz, but when you consider that this is the cheapest hotel in town,it represents great value for money,all the staff are polite and extremely helpful,the towels get changed every day ! and the maid comes in and cleans and makes the beds every day.

Two parrots are there in the lobby which are great fun,especially Ziggy the African green Parrot with a great volcabulary,and learns quckly !No charge for local telephone calls,and International calls are via the international operator with your credit card.so you won't get ripped off.

The basic continental breakfast is included,and you help youself to boiled eggs,sliced cheese,jam,bread and toast,and some home made scones baked every day.....and orange juce,coffee and tea,and you can eat and drink as much as you like !

Air conditioning and TV and for only $70 a room ! you can't beat that !

One of the plus points is that you will meet a lot of people from all over the world...I am pleased to say we have made some new friends !

The local people are most friendly and very helpful,and drivers will often stop so you can cross the road,even if it is not on a crossing !

Go to the parliament building where David Forbes will give you loads of info about this most interesting building !

So much to do and see and so little time !

The Ardastra gardens and zoo are also worth a visit,particularly the Flamingoes.....privatly owned it looks after many endangered species..

Have a great time............................Peter and Francesca

Unique Quality: The location,cleanliness ,friendly and helpful people and staff......and superb value !

Directions: Just off Bay street, by town center

More about Towne Hotel

"Pack your bags, we're leaving..."

by JessH about TOWNE HOTEL

First of all, let me say that I'm am not a fussy diva when it comes to travel and accomodation. I've stayed in 5-star luxury but I also enjoy camping in the desert or on the beach. I've also stayed in budget motels and in little beach-shacks with shared bathrooms. I think on most travels you're likely to spend most of your time out-and-about, so why waste cash on a fancy hotel room you'll only sleep and shower in?

That said, the Towne Hotel in Nassau has to date been the ONLY hotel that I have actually refused to stay in.

My family and I arrived late at night at the hotel, flying in from Orlando. The reception area looked basic but good enough. We were led to our rooms in a 30-hour-sleepless-jetlag-haze. But once we actually got in the rooms and switched the lights on I was wide awake!

The bed sheets had holes in them and were GREY. On my aunt's bed there were even some rather obvious "human" stains. Under the beds and cupboards were numerous (and I mean at least 16) dead cockroaches. In the bathroom things got worse.

The toilet bowl had probably originally been white, but was now covered in brown grime that obviously hadn't been attacked with bleach or a brush in years.
There was no hot water in the shower. The shower curtain was hanging by a mere 3 hooks (all others were broken.) The drain in the sink was full of long hairs. And yes, more dead cockroaches littered the floor.

As it was already about 02:30am by this time, we couldn't go wandering the streets looking for a new hotel. So we slept, fully clothed and after laying our own beach towels onto the bare mattresses, just enough to be able to function again (about 5 hours), and checked-out early in the morning.

As we walked past the pool area in the light of day, the state of the pool water was... abysmal. > Dirt
> Filth
> %&£?!!

Naturally, we stayed in this hotel many years ago and it is possible that it has improved over time. Unfortunately, I don't know.
But I thought it just fair to share our experience here, just in case it's still the same old Towne Hotel...

Comments