Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino

windoweb's Profile Photo

Cable Beach Resorts

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 4, 2013

This resort lacked in upkeep. They are building a new hotel complex and have not maintained this property.

We had difficulty obtaining hand towels and warm water to shower. The hair dryer did not work. The dresser drawers smelled musty. The bed pillows smelled wayyyyyyyy bad and I had to cover them with a towel in order to use for the night. The refrigerator in the room was too loud and had to be unplugged.

We did have a great ocean view from our room and the bed seemed comfy. The wall safe worked and the in room coffee was appreciated.

Unique Quality: Ocean view of cable beach was grand.

Never stay here EVER

by written on July 19, 2011

If there was a negative Terrible rating I would have added it..... I paid a resport fee and gratuity for everything but there was not gratitude or customer service at the "Resort", everyone made the name Wyndham look like a 7 - 11. I booked the hotel before I read these reviews, apart from loving the natural coastline and beaches I would have lost thousands on my vacation. We simply had to ignore the behaviour of the staff in order to enjoy our time.
We thought it was because we were the same color that we were treated so horribly until we told the staff where we were from. We had to beg to get the room cleaned, to get a response of what was on the menu, checkin was basically "here is the key now go", or to be welcomed by the Bellman when we came through the front door with our bags... however the couple behind us got a warm WELCOME and the doors opened for them, We sat at the pool with our son, to hear staff playing around and cursing at each other, and one guy actually washed his shoes off in the pool. People I never write reviews, all that you are reading by other people is completely true... never stay here if you want a piece of mind and to be treated like you should at a resort you paid for. We were invited to lunch and to learn about the new resort, we paid our $10 then declined that lunch or breakfast... keep the changes to yourself, the building is fine, change the attitude of the staff and management and hopefully this place would be given a second thought....

keitha800's Profile Photo

Nassau Wyndham

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 18, 2010

We were lucky being wyndham by request folks we didn't have to put up with alot of nonsence as others have listed below We had the second tower top penthouse about 1800 SF , complete panoramic view balcony ,had several Maids and a cook , private elevator service, a mid between floor for reading , food cocktails service for what ever your needs required. The furnishings included concrete furniture, Brass and Gold plumbing fiztures, gargoils, three or four full bath rooms multiple living and reading areas, a huge dining and food service area. a private staff entry/pantry. We didn't go to the Casino but we did go to a nice series of Golf Course and Local Restaurants. When my wife and myself wern't being pampered by the House Keeping we were across the street Golfing . Be carefull going down town it can get kind of stupid Hard Rock or Cafe Johnny Canoe is like right next door. ( Best Restaurant in Nassau end of story !! we were there in May it was dead of course all and all we had fun and we were pampered. I don't think we spent anything out of the normal Wyndham Sapphire is our favorite.

Unique Quality: Our Suite was like second to the very best , several pools and we sailed as i say we had a huge penthouse suite with a fantastic view

Directions: Bay street i believe good clean environment

jamesdalphonse's Profile Photo

Good location, great resort

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 28, 2008

We stayed at the Wyndham Crystal Palace Resort and Casino in August of 2008 for one-week. It was great, the rooms are spacious, kept clean, and there is a nice balcony overlooking the ocean. The Bahamian people were quite nice. At this resort, there are plenty of options for food and beverage, but they are a little on the steep side in way of money. The buffett is very good, but for two people at lunch time, it came to just under $50. There is no sense in exchanging US dollars for Bahamian dollars, it is the same rate 1/1.
There is a large pool at this resort with a great waterslide that seems to be busy all day long. The hotel is right on the beach; therefore, guests have their choice beach or pool; we usually chose the poolside. Speaking of poolside, there is a full-service bar right at the pool, but tropical drinks there are expensive. We had two Bahama Mama drinks, and they were just under $20. Yikes, high, I though.

Directions: In an area known as Cable Beach

Hotel is ok

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 13, 2006

This hotel is a sufficient place to stay, if you aren't planning on spending too much time in the room or at the resort. Really whether or not this hotel is good for you is based on what you plan on doing on your vacation.

If you are planning on spending your day on day trips (snorkeling/diving, etc) then its probably fine, but if you want to enjoy hotel facilities (pools, water slides, pools, aquariums, lagoons, etc)., definitely go to Atlantis. They have a pool at the Wyndham, but its not too impressive. You'll definitely be shocked when you see the Atlantis facilities.

Overall Don't expect too much at the Wyndham - our phone didn't work for instance (and I heard another guest complaining of a similiar issue), but we didn't really have anyone to call anyway. It could use some renovations, but its definitely sufficient if you need a place to crash.

For a relaxed weekend getaway, where I was just looking for a little sun and swimming, I wish we had paid a bit more and gone to Atlantis. The Wyndham may have been the place to be in the 70's, but they definitely upped the ante over at the Atlantis (think Vegas style on the beach).

wyndham

by written on March 14, 2006

we have been coming to nassau for 23 years.we always go at least one time to the Black Angus Grill in the Wynham Resort....till this year.I walked to the resturant to make the reservation .I was dressed in a bathing suit cover up which i could tell disturbed the matre d.I made reservations with a gentleman for the following night,he wrote it in the book and was very pleasant.Another man who obviously was the manager asked hin why he accepted the reservation and i turned around and asked if there was a problem?He said"We will honor the reservation"but he shouldn't have taken it.I said"are you sure,we can go elsewhere and he said no,he would honor it.as i walked away i heard him being very stern with the associate and i felt bad.the next night we arrived....mind you all dressed up at 7(which is hard to do getting everyone ready on time).mind you ,we have gone there every year for 23 years.....they had no table for us.told me had no reservation and i said...look right there in the book...there is my name.alright the matre d said...i quess we'll find some table for you.he put a long table at the end of a horseshoe table and we were placed there.my husband was at one corner,my son had to sit in the corner of another.when the menu came ,i was given a different one then everyone else,unknown to me.it still had side orders that came with it.when i placed my order,the waiter yelled at me and said where did i get that menu...like i walked in with it or something.i wanted to get up and leave.i was so embarressed.i said you gave it to me and he sids impossible,they dont use that menu anymore.the filet mingon was $59.00 without any side orders or salad and it was tough as could be.the prime rib thatt 4 people had was dry and very small portions.needless to say,for $600.00 i would have rather tried my luck at the casino.this is a dried up old resturant,with dried up food and horrible associates and
a waste of your money...go anyplace else,but don't gamble here...you for sure will be the loser

Over Rated

by written on November 16, 2005

Resort is a misnomer. This is a tired looking hotel with indifferent staffing. I had to prove to the front desk that I had booked an oceanview room (good thing I had printout) as I was assigned room after room before I received a room with the oceanfront view. The front desk staff was passive aggressive by refusing to show me a resort map but instead sent me running around from assigned room to room to get the oceanfront room (4th room was acceptable). Poor maintenance resulting in a room where the shower diverter was inoperable, the lanai door required super human strength to open and paint spatters (from previous painting) were everywhere and furnishings were badly beatup. Requests to fix/repair the shower and lanai door problems were ignored. Room service was horribly slow and the quality awful. After dark, the only entertainment is the casino which has limited table games except on the weekends. Scheduled shows were intermittent and not available during my seven night stay. The pool/beach area are nice with limited beverage service but not utilized after dark for resort activities forcing you to go elsewhere. As I dislike buffets, the only times I ate in the hotel were morning room service and the Black Angus Grill. The first visit to the Black Angus was superb, the second (and last) was horrific. The overall staff indifference became obvious anytime there was a problem. I believe that the automatically included 15% service gratuity fosters this. The two exceptions to this were the bellhop who assisted us the first night of checkin and the daily maid service in our final room for which we tipped well. All in all, the property would rate a 1 and 1/2 star to 2 star rating at best. I would not recommend this hotel as a resort but only as a place to sleep. It was a long disappointing seven night stay for us. If you do go anyway, my tip would be to insist on a room in the "F" tower, from the fourth floor up, sequence would be F*08-11 (we stayed on the fourth floor in F411) for the view.

Gra8ful's Profile Photo

Words from My Aunt...Don't bother going there!!

by written on October 4, 2005

This is what advice my Aunt gave me....She stayed there in 2003. They hated it. She could write a book about
all the unexpected disappointments. If you use a stroller forget about taking
the elevator. There is only one and you must go up and down and around the
whole facility just to go up or down from the lobby/pool/etc. One restaurant
not plural restaurants was open daily. Lack of Cleanliness, entertainment,
activities?! Look I just don't have the energy to go through everything...
The only pleasantry she said they had was the kindness and care they received from the
concierge. My best advise is to go somewhere else. You will be much happier.
P.S. I'm going to check it out in Feb..I will let you know myself and have pictures!!

Unique Quality: Nice people.

Wyndham Nassau Resort

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 4, 2004

We chose to stay at the Wyndham because I have a friend who works at a Wyndham and was able to get us a discounted rate. Thank goodness for that because I was not too impressed with the hotel. We had a corner room on the 3rd floor, which is actually the first floor of guest rooms. The bed was VERY firm, almost uncomfortably so. Facing the bed was an armoire with a 19" TV with cable. Our room had a balcony and we could see the water, but I wouldn't call it an ocean view since most of the ocean was blocked by another tower. The balconies at this hotel and not private at all, and you can see anyone from wherever you are. You can also hear your neighbor's sliding door opening whenever they go outside. Our room was 317 in tower H. It was close to the elevator but it was very quiet the first 3 nights. Then our last night a rowdy bunch moved in a few doors down and slammed their door at all hours of the night. The only major problem with the hotel was that the water was out for much of our 2nd day. I was disappointed that there were no apologies, concessions or discounts offered to us.

We did not eat in any of the hotel restaurants because the prices were outregeous. We did try to order room service for breakfast our last morning, on the hang tag you leave on your doorknob. You put it on your door before midnight and they're supposed to bring your food at the requested time. We had ours out by 8:30pm but when we woke up the next morning the tag was still there. Man was I upset. It was supposed to be a special event for our last morning but the slacker hotel staff ruined it.

Unique Quality: The lobby area is nice with marble floors, high ceilings with large skylights. There were only 2 employees at the lobby desk at any time. From the lobby there was an escalator that goes down to the casino, beach, restaurants and spa. Down there, there are desks where you can book activities like snorkel tours, even a desk selling time shares (rolling my eyes). The shops range from liquor, cigars, ice cream, souvenirs, jewelry, accessories and a mini drug store. We frequented the drug store to get bottled water for our day trips. At the bottom of the escalator there was construction on a future bar/coffee shop.

Poolside was quite nice, with plentiful padded lounge chairs and mucis playing thru a sound system. The pool was very large with a big rock formation, waterfall and waterslide. They also have a volleyball net set up in the middle of the pool. The waterslide was only open until 5:00pm which is when you have to return the beach towels you can borrow. If you're late you're charged $10 per towel to your room.

The beach area in front of the hotel is not very wide, so we walked next door to the Radisson Cable Beach. It was a very nice beach but we saw several cigarette butts in the sand. While we were reading and soaking up the sun we were approached several times by vendors, selling hats, necklaces, hair braiding, conch shells. At least they all wore "uniforms" of khaki pants and bright yellow Polo shirts. Two ladies asked if we wanted to buy "Native Treats." I almost asked if they are made from real natives. :-)

Directions: Cable Beach Hotel District

Nearby Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino

Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino

• Nassau Wyndham
  • Wyndham Nassau Resort And Crystal Palace Casino
  • Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Hotel Nassau

Address: West Bay Street at Cable Beach, PO Box N-8306, Nassau, New Providence Island, 33312, Caribbean

10 Photos of Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Nassau Travel Forum

Need advice about Nassau, The Bahamas? Visit the Travel Forum for Nassau and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Nassau hotel reviews

Boats & Water Sports
Off The Beaten Path
Paradise Is.
Favorites
"Cheesy" but very enjoyable..
Water Tower