Club Landor Resort

Club Land'or Resort
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Purgatory in Paradise

While our stay in the Bahamas (Nov. 2011) was great, our visit to Club Land'Or was terrifying. I wanted to visit because my parents are owners at this Club, although they've never gone there, and I was stunned to learn what a lousy investment they made. The one AC window unit blew out while we were there, because the plug was burnt (see photo). Then a ceiling fixture fell through the ceiling following a mild rainstorm. There are electrical outlets sticking out of the floor in the lobby. The mgmt does the least amount of maintenance possible while charging shareholders for improvements that have not been made. Other reviewers' comments about mold, etc. are on target. The restaurant is not handicap-accessible, and the clothes dryer smells like smoke. I wouldn't be surprised if this place caught on fire. There were also low-hanging wires across two balconies. When I asked for a renovated unit, the desk clerk said there weren't any, and then we met a woman who was staying in one, on the marina side. But even the renovations just cover up the old damage. I will absolutely go back to the Bahamas but will never again go to Club Land'Or. I met with Land'Or personnel face to face upon returning, because I live in Va. where their offices are. So far I've heard nothing in response to my complaint.

Unique Quality: The staff was cheerful for the most part, except for one salesperson who made racist remarks in our presence. We enjoyed eating at Frankie Gone Bananas at the Fish Fry--excellent food at half the price of other establishments, and great service, too! Cabbage Beach is exquisite, and we also loved the snorkeling trip at Stuart's Cove.

• The Single Worst "Resort" in the Caribbean

I have known about this resort since 1995 and I am sure it was built well before that. While the place does have rooms that consist of a "kitchen' with a full size refrigerator, a stove and a microwave, the space is very limited and make mobility somewhat difficult. The bathrooms are half the size of most standard hotel/motel rooms with a shower that can be smaller than those found on cruise lines. You hope that when you stay you luck out and get a bathroom that is sanitized and you do not come home with athletes' foot or wear your flip-flops to make sure you are safe.
    Having been young and dumb enough to buy into this vacation timeshare location I have been to Club Land 'Or multiple times over the past years. In the beginning the place could be called a resort as the rooms were kept up, the kitchens and baths were fairly new at the time and there were no new strange policies that seem to pop up whenever the parent company Land 'Or International (based in Virginia, USA) felt the need to milk that cash cow for their coffers.
    After being away and using the red week for trade off in the RCI program we ventured back to Club Land Or for a couple of New Year's Eve vacations and found that with each new trip, Land Or was beginning to show terrible wear and tear. Each time we travel in we heard the same story, the place was going to be remodeled and all this (pick whatever pie in the sky you can think of) was going to be done. We even met a couple that surprisingly live in our town that told us they bought because they were told Club Land 'Or was going to built two bedrooms and penthouse on top of the existing buildings and a huge water park in front of the main lobby in place of the existing parking lot.
    These stories sound very much like the BS that was told to us when we bought about the new 2 bedroom villas that were scheduled to be built on the site where Habor Side exist now. The bottom line on Club Land 'or is they will tell you anything to sell you their timeshare (try and get them to write it down on paper in the contract) and once you buy they increase the maintenance fees by the maximum each year along with adding special assessments for work that may or may not have been done. Of course you can ask for an accounting of these fees but you will be given the run around.
    In closing I would suggest if you are in the Bahamas and on Paradise Island DO NOT do any tour of Club Land 'Or, if you do get your gifts, say no stick to no and then get away from this place as soon as you can. Of course I expect the company to get there pseudo writers to argue this review but as you might find on Redweek.com there are plenty of "owners" that are very upset with Land 'Or International shenanigans.

Unique Quality: There is only one redeeming fact about Club Land 'Or and that would be the staff, they do not have the turnover that most places have. The staff is very considerate and tries to do as much as they can to make sure the tourist enjoy the activities. The problem is they have no more control on the "resort" then the Time Share owners do.
    As I say about restaurants, great service does not make up for a bad food, in this case the great staff cannot make up for the bad room, the outdated and sometimes broken furnishing and the ridiculous fees the parent corporation wants.

• Nice Quiet Spot in Paradise

Bought here in the '90's and still love it because it's a quiet little place that's right beside monolithic Atlantis. There are lots of activities for my family and we had a great time on the island day trip and at the Sunday barbeque and limbo show. We enjoyed the beach (a 5 minute walk through Atlantis). It is very clean and the water is beautiful. Did the casino and a few Atlantis restaurants but the food is just average for what you pay. The pool bar at Club Land'or has great cheeseburgers and the Blue Lagoon restaurant on the third floor is very good. We would recommend this place to our friends looking for a nice relaxing week in Paradise!

• Cheap Motel

Review If you are going to this place to spend time at the resort do not go. If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep while you enjoy Atlantis, then go ahead, but I would not recommend it. You cannot plan to use the kitchen to make full meals. You will have to go out to eat often. Drinks start at $10. Meals start at $20 and go up to $200. Do not go to the Bahamian Club the food is just over priced. Johnny Rockets is an easy, and affordable place to go with the family. Beware the taxi drivers and shop owners downtown are all looking to maximize their earning opportunities, so be careful with your money, bargain, and confirm prices ahead of time. With one week "at" Atlantis we did not get to see everything. The water park is amazing and does cost $100 a day, but with the Atlantis beach pass you can get in sometimes. Land Or is old and run down, it is hard to exchange a gold week for this but the Bahamas are the nicest place we have visited. In comparison to Cayman, Cozumel, Florida and Dominican the water is clear, safe to drink, and there is so much to do! The rooms do have a musty smell and anyone with allergies will not be able to stay in the rooms. The sliding door did not lock in our room. We had to ask for towels and an ice tray that we never got. The resort does charge $50 a day per couple for a resort levy. The pool is backyard sized. The marina often has large boats that block your view. Before our check in we were offered a better room for another $250. The restaurant costs about $300 for dinner! The cable at the resort is intermittent.

Unique Quality: Best things about resort Proximity to Atlantis. If you buy the Atlantis beach pass for $140 dollars you will be able to use the pools, restaurants, movie theaters and most amenities at Atlantis. The beach tour is nice, it is not a private island but it is nice to get away, and the food and drinks were nice and the on board photographer does a nice set of photos for $50. The staff do their best with what they have. They admit they know you have seen nicer units. There were many other Canadians their when we were, all the other guests were friendly. The resort is small enough that you do meet other people.
    Best attractions or restaurants nearbyJohnny Rockets, Anthony's Grill, Bimni Road, Columbus Tavern, Marina Pizza, $3 Ferry to downtown, Senor Frogs, all the stores at Atlantis, the stores in the plaza across the street, Atlantis beach, aquarium, marina, city tour from the resort, beach trip from the resort

Directions: On Atlantis Harbour

• Dirtymilkdrinker's Profile Photo

Paradise island's Friendliest timeshare....

Club Land'Or is a small timeshare sandwiched in between Atlantis properties. It was not originally, but The Atlantis holdings keep on trying to swallow up smaller properties, but Club land'or lives on.....it is only about 70+ units. The units are quite small, very small. However the friendliness of the staff and other guests makes up for it! Most of the employees have been there for years and it is alwys nice to see them each year. I have been going every October for the past 5 or 6 years. A lot of the fun centers around the pool/hot tub/pool bar. You must have a "Tony burger" when there. Nice and juicy and I do not eat red meat very much in a year. there are many planned activities each week. the must do ones are the Friday night welcome party, the Sunday night barbeque and the tuesday rose Island trip.

Unique Quality: The staff!!

More about Club Landor Resort

grossed out @ Club Landor

We went to Club Landor for week Aug 26th 2005 to Sept 2nd 2005.
As soon as we walked into the room we knew this was not not the place we were going to say for the week. The room was so small you would think it was a broom closet. The bedroom didn't even have a door, it had mosquito netting. The shower was disgusting with mold and mildew on the shower walls. The television in the bedroom was if you believe 12"!!!!!! You needed binoculars to see it .
I'm pretty leinant when it comes to thing like this but this was terrible.

My wife and I were going to sleep on the pull out bed but the mattress looked like it was picked up on the side of a road after a flood. Again mold and mildew were on the mattress.

Luckily we were able to get a room at the Atlantis which was 100% better

I would never go back to Clud Landor and would highly recommend no one to go there

Club Land' OR

The Bahamas were nice, the weather was great, but CLUB LAND'OR IS THE WORST, the resort is very old and outdated.
The rooms were small, the shower was very small, the tv remotes didn't work, and there were no D.V.D./V.C.R. in the room. The rooms are not big enough for 4 adults, the beds were uncomfortable and too small (full size), queen or king size would be better. The rooms climate control consists of a window unit air-conditioner that far from adequately cooled the room. Although there are complimentary washer and dryer units provided for guests, these too are old, in need of repair, and are too loud in their operation for their location (outside of guests rooms). The resort is probably one of the worst on Paradise Island. It really needs to closed, and the entire property renovated so that they can be more competative in the RCI market.
The service was very good, the staff was very friendly. The food in the restaurant was good, but EXTREMELY overpriced. All the food on the island was overpriced, especially for families with children. There were no fast food places or reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance of the resort. There were however, several annoying solicitors from other resorts anxiously awaiting guests as they depart the resort.
My final suggestion is to stay some where else!!

No Paradise at Club Land 'Or

My stay at this resort which is located on Paradise Island, was from May 27th - June 3rd, 2005. This property is old and is in much need of renovations. What is advertised on the website as a one bedroom is simply a separate "bedroom area" at the entrance of the room with a sheer white curtain for limited privacy. There is no way to close off the bedroom from the rest of the unit. I had a corner unit located directly over the bar. The rooms are small and would be a tight fit for 4 adults. I was told that the sofabed was uncomfortable, at least for an adult. The phones in the room worked 50% of the time. I would be in the middle of a conversation and the phone line would fill with static and stay that way for no less than 15 minutes. There is no automated message service, you have to rely on the front desk staff to take a message, which they do not do. I had messages left for me by friends, that were never forwarded to me by the staff. Do not leave this number for family/friends because their chances of getting through are 50/50. You best bet is to use your cell phone if you can get reception or purchase a calling card downtown off/on Bay Street and use the pay phone in the lobby of the hotel for 25 cents. The staff had a nonchalant attitude upon my initial reporting of the telephone problem, saying the system was poor and nothing could be done about it. I did, however, obtain a 50% credit towards the middle of the week, after complaing again about incomplete calls. The restaurant, which is overly priced with average tasting food, was only open the first three days (Friday - Sunday) and on two of the occasions I visited the Oasis Lounge, there was no live entertainment as noted in the resort guide and on the website. I believe the roof was leaking and that kept the restaurant closed for five days. This was my fifth trip to Nassau since September 2003 and my first time at this property. Bottom line, I would not stay at this resort again.

Not the place to stay

I just returned from Club Landor yesterday, and I wanted to kiss the ground when I reached American soil. The room was far from what I had pictured. I probably would not have ever considered going back to the Bahamas until I toured Atlantis the day before we left. It is well worth the money, and I will stay there in the future.
At Club Landor we were only allowed to use the beach at Atlantis. The room was terrible. The phone worked about every other day. The faucet steadily dripped and then started running constantly. When I went to tighten it, the sink broke loose from the vanity. I called downstairs, and they said no one was on duty, and for me to just use the water shut off below. In addition, the air conditioner was far from adequate. They did switch it out, but it was not much better. There were bugs in the kitchen that invaded the bedroom before we left. All in all, Club Landor is old, and is in need of MAJOR renovations. I would never stay there again.

Loved Bahama, but...

Club Landor rooms are small but comfortable even though somewhat lacking in refinement. The location of the hotel is very good but not on the beach. We always felt safe on Paradise Island. We enjoyed the view from our balcony where we watched large private yachts coming and going in the harbor and viewed the imposing "Atlantis" casino/hotel complex across the harbor. We walked 30 minutes to beautiful beaches and also went on the Rose Island day tour. The ocean water is very clear and the perfect temperature to swim in. Prices for almost anything in the Bahamas are quite expensive, even when we went to the local Winn Dixie to buy groceries. Club Landor adds $19/day per adult to the bill which pays for hotel services. We weren't prepared for the 15% "gratuity" automatically added to most any purchase at the hotel and most local restaurants and services. There were times when I added a "tip" and discovered later that it was in addition to the 15% automatically added to the bill. In general service at local restaurants was poor with one exception (The Poop Deck). The attitude of many of the local Bahamanian people was not friendly or welcoming. It was very difficult to find any personnel (at the hotel or otherwise) who would give anything more than "yes" or "no" answers to questions. And no information about activities was volunteered by the staff at the hotel. We fortunately were forwared some information in the mail before our trip and knew about some of the daily activities. We did however meet a very nice couple after Sunday mass who gave us some great tips on places to eat and see in the area. We visited main tourist sites but also wanted to learn more about the Bahamian culture while we were there but the historical museums (2) were closed. We loved visiting the beautiful Versailles gardens on Paradise Island, a treasure we found which no one seemed to know much about.

Returning Visitor

by TripAdvisor Member kat228

Land 'Or is not the place to go for luxury. And it is by far cheaper than the Atlantis. Though there is a $19/person/night assessment fee, the Atlantis charges $120/person/night. I'm 20 and I've been going to Club Land 'Or since 1988 (I was 3), in March I will be going again for Spring Break. It'll be my tenth trip. My parents bought a timeshare at Land 'Or soon after I was born with the intention of traveling by trading. I don't think we've ever traded it. Life doesn't get much better when you wake up and walk outside to the tropical paradise that is The Bahamas. Land 'Or's simplicity makes it easy to truly appreciate your surroundings. The rooms are small, but what more do you need than a bed, a bathroom, and a kitchen? I was down when I was a teenager a few times and not having a big TV was OKAY (that was when they finally got TVs and cable.) If you truly care about the size of the TV in your hotel room, then it's time that you take your drink and sit outside by the pool. I've been down when it rained every single day, and we still didn't touch the TV more to check the weather. The one thing that truly makes this resort is the staff. For the last two summers I've been down and they recognized me--that's amazing. When I was about 8 years old, Tony carried me under the limbo fire. He's still working there and his bugers are truly cheeseburgers in paradise. Now Tony doesn't do the limbo show the night of the BBQ, Action Jackson does (he's a little creepy, but he puts on a good show). Speaking of the BBQ, it's not to be missed. You know it's a good time when people around the Marina stop to look what's going on. Yes, the events can get a little cheesy, but they are by far the best time in the world if you can just relax and take it easy. The other event is the out-island trip to Rose Island. The games are again cheesy, but so much fun (by the way, if you're down there when I am, be careful I'm the master at the egg toss). Be sure to take advantage of what the hotel has to offer, which is a lot more than you think. Don't miss the Manager's Cocktail Party at 5pm Friday night (the night you arrive). You'll know everything there is to know about Land 'Or.
Now for what everyone wants to know: what can I get out of Atlantis? Well, the Atlantis is a short walk around the marina (but be careful the gate closes at 8 or 9pm.) You can still get back, it's just another couple minutes around. When walking into the Atlantis, follow the signs to get out to the Beach through the older portion of the building. The Atlantis is very strict when it comes to use of their property. They don't want people coming off of Cruise ships to be running around using their propery. So, when you encounter the guard at the door, just show him your Land 'Or ID and you can get through to the Beach area. However, your Land 'Or ID doesn't grant you access to their towels (but you can get them at Land 'Or) or access to their pools or water slides. The Dig over at Atlantis is a must-see. But don't go during the day. I think they charge somewhere around $30/person. If you go to the Great Hall of Waters in the evening, you can walk right through the Dig without anyone checking. It's beautiful at night too...most people don't realize that. The one thing about the island is how expensive things are. But, I'm a broke college student and I'm still managing to go for a full week--you just have to be smart about it. For instance, bring the food that you can from home, there's a full kitchen, USE IT! If you eat lunch in the room, you can save a lot of money. The pool bar & grill is excellent, and comparitively cheap. There are also a lot of restaurants around the strip malls that are close by. Go exploring during the beginning of your trip, you'd be amazed at what you can find. Try to avoid eating at the Blue Marlin at Club Land 'Or, it's not that great and avoid eating at the Atlantis, but if you have the money to spend, I would recommend Villa D'Este, the Great Hall of Waters, and the Bahamian Club. Avoid Fathoms at all costs--it is NOT how it's described on the website. I don't know about the restaurants they put in at the Marina Village, because it wasn't quite open when I was there this summer, but I'm anxious to see what they've done! All in all, there are three speeds in the Bahamas, Slow, Stop, and Reverse. Use them. Land 'Or is simple, but it'll be the best vacation you ever have if you just lay back and enjoy the ride.

Comments