New Providence Island, Caribbean

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

Very Opulent Hotel on Paradise Island

Although we didn't stay here we visited the entrance and lobby areas. We were quite impressed! If you think Atlantis is expensive, don't even think about staying here!

The rooms, must be an extension of the beautiful decor we witnessed in the entrance. The style is warm yet very traditional with guilded mirrors, dark mahogoney wood furniture, tapestries, expensive wallpaper and plush fabrics. We passed through the library and noted the stately feel of the entire public space.

The library french doors open up to the grounds that flow into the beach. There you can find a pathway to the spectacular restaurant Dune, see my restaurant tips for more details.

I read that the rooms are beautifully decorated and range anywhere from $400 a night up to $1500 a night for a private villa.

The difference between Ocean Club and Atlantis is the overall feeling. Atlantis is much bigger, lots of activities - something for every age, not to mention it has the world's largest aquarium. Ocean Club is a bit more reserved and is much smaller in size, its also more quaint. Its almost on the 'stuffy' side.

More about One & Only Ocean Club

Villas in Paradise:
One, two,...

by mhughes33

Villas in Paradise:
One, two, three and four bedroom villas all fully furnished and equipped, ideally located on Paradise Island. All within a five minute walk of the fabulous Paradise Island Casino, near the world renowned Ocean Club and breathtaking Cabbage Beach, three miles of clear white sand and turquoise waters. Shopping complex right near the bridge, including a liquor store, grocery store, tennis & golf courts nearby.

My Favorite Restaurant in Paradise Island

by AliasGirl about Dune

Dune has to be one of the most sophisticated restaurants I have ever been to. It became my particular favorite in Paradise Island. Its a shame we went there on our last night, if I had went earlier I would surely have visited again.

It is a French-Asian cuisine, located in the west wing of the Ocean Club. We took a shuttle bus from Atlantis to the Ocean Club, walked through the hotel and down to the gardens which led to a path to the restaurant. We were a bit early so we had cocktails in the bar area. I should have taken pictures, it was a very cutting edge design. The bar was located in a seperate "house", except that its four sides were open to the water view. the bar was situated right in the middle of the room and had a glass lucite bar that light up soon as the sunset. It was amazing!

Soon, we were called to our table. The restaurant's decor is very chic, the colors are very dark but very warm at the same time. The front wall seems to melt right into the ocean view, almost as if you are sitting outside. I don't remember what we ate, but it was good from start to finish. The presentation was so lavish. Great selection of wine. It was one of the most romantic dinners we had on Paradise Island.

After we finished our dinner and dessert, instead of taking a shuttle back to the Atlantis we walked back on the beach with shoes in hand. (It was less than 15 minutes) A walk in the moonlight with my favorite guy - doesn't get any better than that!

Don't bother

by scattie

On arrival got to room and hadn't been cleaned so we were told to come back in an hour, this is after we had spent an hour queuing to check in. Went back after an hour and the woman had disappeared. Said rooms were ready and when I went to check still hadn't been cleaned. Offered a room with the patio door propped up against the wall. Finally got into our rooms about 5 hrs after we arrived and only when I asked to speak to manager did we get $75 off each room and a 'late' check out that only turned out to be an extension of 2hrs which I was disgusted at. Their policy seems to be 'take it or leave it'.
The lagoons are so smeely you have to cover your nose as you walk past.
Prices in the hotel are 4 times that of anywhere outside.
The paper they leave outside your door in the mrning is NOT complimentary, they charge you for it. BE CAREFUL!
15% gratuity on everything even on fast food or just getting a drink is a massive rip off, this extends to marina village too.
Air conditioning is freezing in the communal areas so take a jumper.
There is nowhere to sit or eat outisde in the evening which is ridiculous considering the temperatures inside.
Most of the staff are miserable.
You have to book your meals for your entire stay on arrival or you will end up not eating at all.
Nobody sticks to the dress codes so ignore them.
All the restaurants are dark and noisy, we couldn't even talk to each other without shouting.
Two of the lagoon beaches are always empty, this may look inviting but for God sakes don't use them there are jellyfish all over the seabed.
Overall a complete rip off as Beach and Coral Towers have very ordinary rooms, I just couldn't understand what we were supposed to be paying all this money for.
Best value for money would be to go forthe buffet dinners at Water's Edge, Marketplace and Seagrapes.
Also Ocean Club was a lovely escape from it all and the food there was really nice.
If you still want to go don't stay at Atlantis just visit it.

Heaven on earth!

by TripAdvisor Member skifamily

Once you enter the compound it's like another world. Practically every wish is granted and it is soooooo peaceful and beautiful. The management maintains a quiet, pristine, beyond first class resort where EVERYONE is friendly from the maids to the butler. Thank you Ocean Club. Are all of your locations like this one?

PS. It's not cheap and that is why we picked it. We wanted to get away from the commerical resort, the ordinary, the tourists and screaming kids!

The Perfect Bahamas Experience

In all honesty Nassau was a bit of a disapointment aesthetically. The water and beaches were superb but the surroundings were all run down and dilapidated. All that is, save for the wonderful Ocean Club. When we arrived we knew we had booked the right place. It looks and feels like paradise, it is exactly what we had in mind when we decided on the bahamas as our destination.

Of course Ocean Club is expensive, but reassuringly so. Our room with ocean view was exactly what you want in the carribean, luxury and with the feel of the tropics.

The service was First Class. We were married at the cloisters and after the ceremony were caught in a downpour. I had half an hour before our limo was to pick us up and take us to our reception, in that time the front desk staff whisked away my jacket to have it dried and pressed, at no cost.

Our butlers were always just a phone call away, helped us determine a location for a family get together. Welcomed our 16 guests in to Dune. Arranged to transport some belongings to our reception in Nassau. All those little extras which a high quality establishment will offer you Ocean Club delivers in spades.

We only ate at Dune one time, the food and service was again first rate.

The beach is peaceful and beautiful. A slight shame the jet skis are allowed to spoil the ambience somewhat, even though they are quite a way out from the shore.

I was worried by some of the reviews after we had booked at Ocean Club, that there would be a stuffy atmosphere but that was not the case at all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would reccomend the hotel to anyone.

I can't live without my champagne or butler now!!

This resort will absolutely take your breath away. From the minute you arrive you know you're in paradise. You're instantly greeted by your butler and will have champagne and strawberries in seconds. All dinner reservations are taken care of and really the only thing you ever have to think about is what want to eat and what bathing suit you want to wear. The Escalade will take you to the Atlantis if you want to gamble and see a ton of people, but at the end of the night you can come home to paradise. I highly recommend Dune-everything is amazing there. The food at Atlantis is not great, but every meal we had at the Ocean Club was absolutely superb and it was the same price as the Atlantis.
It is expensive, but in my mind it's worth every penny. It's not for people that are trying to pinch pennies, but more for people that want to splurge and enjoy fine food, a luxurious setting, and the best service possible. Also..if you can get an Ocean front room it's definitely worth it. If you want a true getaway without crowds and children running all over, the Ocean Club is the most amazing place in the Atlantic!!
Please feel free to email me any questions you have about the resort.

Luxury and service at every turn

WOW! We just returned from spending the second half of our honeymoon at the Ocean Club and the experience was fabulous. Outside of Paradise Island, there was little to the Bahamas that we heard about (or actually saw in person) that appealed to us. Fortunately, the Ocean Club is an oasis that provides its guests little reason to seek else. We enjoyed an Oceanfront Suite in the Crescent Wing complete with butler, massive rooms, a bathroom you could land a plane in, and a huge private terrace with spectacular ocean views. The rooms are very expensive and we did incur sticker shock in each of the three resort restaurants as well as the restaurants in neighboring (and co-owned) Atlantis. Food and wine at both the Dune and Courtyard Terrace is priced at 2 to 3 times its comparable price at most high-end resorts. While the food is good, it is not overwhelming - and at these prices, food should be as overwhelming as the rest of the resort. We also spent our last two mornings and evenings without hot water. However, every time we encountered such a disappointment, we looked around and just couldn't stay unhappy. The staff stays away from your room when you want but is suddenly everywhere when you need them and the service (other than getting our water hot again) was always outstanding and friendly. In October, the amazingly rough surf apparently closes the beach for swimming but it was calm enough on one day to allow for a nice stroll on a most beautiful beach. I'm sure the beach is spectacular in high season but I'm sure the crowds and the prices become equally spectacular. Therefore, if amazing luxury, service, convenience and beauty is what you're after and you don't mind spending $2,000+ a day on your tropical vacation, the Ocean Club is the winner. And if money is truly no object, the new Villas would also be an amazing treat.

Try The Sun And for dinner

My husband and I spent a week on our honeymoon at the Ocean Club. We had a wonderful time. The service was excellent. If your looking for some peace and quite this is definitely the spot. There is also plenty to do if you need a little activity in your life. Tennis courts and work out facilities are top notch. Spa services are excellent. The Dolphin Swin was the highlight. The food at the Dune was terrific. I would also recommend venturing outside the club for a little variety. We had the meal of a lifetime at a French restaurant called The Sun And. The restaurant is nestled in a residential area of Nassau. I thought is was in Paris for a few hours. Unbeliveable find. Everything was wonderful. My husband had the Porterhouse the likes of which I never tasted before. Not to be missed!!!

Postcard Tour of Atlantis Hotel

by AliasGirl

"Paradise Island at Night"

This postcard shows a pretty night view of paradise Island Atlantis Hotel surrounded by the beautiful beaches, palm trees, fauna, fish and the gorgeous sunset.

"Up Front Picture of the Royal Towers"

You can see the Royal Towers and the famed slide (that kills your back). This is the pool area by the Royal Towers.

"Overview of Paradise Island Resorts"

Here is an overview which shows the entire resort in different ways:

Top left: Main Building ~ Royal Towers ~ see the bridge in between buildings well that is a very luxorius and expensive suite that was once booked by Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson and Oprah Winfrey. It is $25,000 dollars a night to stay. Way too rich for my blood!

Top right: Cloisters Ocean Club

Bottom (L to R): Clun meditteranean, Comfort suites, Sheraton Grand Hotel

The bottom right: is the Only bridge that takes you into Paradise Island

7th green at Ocean Club7th green at Ocean Club

Wouldn't you rather play here...Ocean Club?Wouldn't you rather play here...Ocean Club?

Restaurants

by mg60053

Has anyone tried the Ocean Club Tuesday night Seafood BBQ buffet? Is it worth the money?

Any comments on Mosaic? Is food that different from the other dinner buffets?

Re: Restaurants

by crazygal59

The food at Mosaic is quite a bit different. There are more choices,such as a large sushi selection and more seafood. The food is very nicely prepared with a bit more attention to taste and presentation. We went there for breakfast and dinner twice.

Comments