Riu Paradise Island All Inclusive

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Traveler-from-NY's Profile Photo

Good Location Excellent Value

This hotel is located on a great beach, the same one as Atlantis(Right Next Door). It offers excellent value for the money. The food was not great, but not bad either, better then a lot of the all inclusive places. Accomodations were excellent for the money. I would recommend this place.

• Good all Inclusive

The staff are great - really friendly, polite, helpful and very cheerful.
    The buffet food was good, plenty of choice although not always as hot as I would have liked, breakfast was my favoruite meal of the day, so much to choose from and eggs freshly cooked to your own liking . We weren't impressed with the gourmet restaurant, you have to queue up the night before to reserve a table for this and the steak house and they have 2 sittings per night we could only get into the 9pm one and they open the doors at 9 on the dot and everyone arrives at the same time, and so the service is slow, the menu is limited and not very interesting. We didn’t bother with the Steak house but talking to other guest we heard that this was not much better.

The bars were great, the bar staff catered for most tastes and seemed to know how to make most cocktails and wouldmake up any drink if you explained what you wanted.

We were on the top (15th) floor which can only be accessed by one of the three lifts, there are no stairs apart from fire escape which are not for general use so we had to wait quite a lot for a lift, this is not helped by the fact that the staff don't have a service lift of their own and use the lifts all the time too.

The pool was cold but I love that so it meant it was virtually empty most of the time. Because of the neighbouring Atlantis hotel the pool lost the sunshine at about 4pm and the shadows fell onto the beach as well but you could always find a spot that was still sunny if needed. The beach was very clean and sand was soft and lovely. Loads of water sports available.
    Beware if flight is late in the evening you have to vacate your room at 11.00 and there is no courtesy room only a shower at the back of the toilets in reception.

The casino at the Atlantis is great, only a brisk 5 min walk away.

Unique Quality: The room was lovely, spacious and very clean, modern and well equipped including 4 optics full of spirits and a fridge full of beer and mixers, there was an ice station on every floor as well. Fab view of the beach from the room.

Overall we had a really good time as well as a couple of really good wins in the casino and would recommend this hotel as a good all inclusive experience.

Directions: About 45 mins transfer time from airport.

More about Riu Paradise Island All Inclusive

great vacation

just back from the Sheraton Grand in Paradise Island Bahamas. One word to describe the vacation would be "paradise" It was brilliant I do not have a single negative thing to say. The hotel was beautiful and the staff very friendly they could not do enough to serve you. The beach was spotless and the proximity to Atlantis was 3 minute walk. The hotel was just busy enough to meet people but not to feel overwhelmed and the trip into Nassau was quick and easy. Lots to do and see and 6 days was plenty of time to do everything including relaxing on the beach or at poolside. will definately go back.

Fantastic stay

We booked here before I read some of the prior reviews and was pleasantly surprised that those reviews were wrong. The staff was great. Food was quality. The beach was perfect. Get an odd number room on an upper floor, it is very quiet, you only hear the ocean. It's perfect for sunset watching from the balcony.

We visited Atlantis next door and were glad we didn't book there. It combines the worst of Disney World and Las Vegas, crowded, expensive and not very relaxing.

As for those reports of expensive food, well it can be, but not more than a reasonable meal in Boston. The best buy in the Rotisserie Restaurant is the club sandwich, generous, and only 10 bucks. Or splurge and get the filet mignon at $35. Best steak I've had in years, better than most of the high dollar restaurants in Boston. Their breakfast buffet was good and fresh and a steal at 13 bucks. If you're feeling stingy, chow down at the buffet and skip lunch. We tried getting dinner one night at Atlantis but the wait was ridiculous and went back to the Sheraton. For some reason every restaurant in Atlantis seemed noisy and not very inviting.

One more plus. The wife, who has to be the pickiest person on the planet for restaurants/hotels, just loved this vacation.

Warning: Don't stay at the Sheraton

We just got back from spending 10 days at the Sheration. I was very disapointed!! The beach was overcrowed with people coming from Cruise ships. It was impossible to find a lounge chair. The saddest thing was that the beach and the entire Island was littered with trash. The Island overall is very dirty, even the Atlantis beachs are extremly dirty. We have done alot of traveling in our lifetime and we consider ourselfs to be fair people but I have to say that we traveled 3,000 miles to a Island that was very overpriced, the Islanders were not friendly or helpful in any way, the taxies charged outragious prices, and the whole atmoshere of the Island left us with a bad taste. Our hotel room overlooked huge airconditioning units that were very noisy.
Warning: don't use the hotel phone in your room or you will end up with an unexpected 200.00 phone bill! The only advise I can really give a person who goes to Nassau is to take as many boat trips to other Islands in the area to get away from the overcrowded beach and vendors.

Did Anyone Come Down Ill?

by TripAdvisor Member sbpDallas

I am wondering whether anyone else came down ill after eating fish at this hotel. I was there in June and became very ill with gastro and neurological symptoms (tingling in hands and feet, extreme muscle pain, fatigue, itching, etc.) I am most anxious to know if anyone else has experienced these bizarre symptoms. If so, please email me. I am still not well. If you go, don't eat the fish!!

Great Vacation!

by TripAdvisor Member gr8dn

Just got back from a wonderful stay at the Sheraton Grand! All in all we had a very good time. The Sheraton is NOT a 5-star hotel but is very nice. They do charge you $8/day for maid service, something like $3.50/day for some energy charge, and $2.50/day to use the safe in your room. These were 'hidden' charges we didn't know about in advance. When we arrived at the hotel, we got a room with a not so good view and they were able to move us the next day to a much better room and view. The staff was very nice & helpful - we never had any problems. We didn't get the all-inclusive deal which I highly recommend because food over there is EXPENSIVE! The hotel restaurants are way overpriced as were most of the restaurants on the island. The food we had was just average - the best meal was at the Outback believe it or not. VERY friendly there and reasonably priced. No matter where you go, a 15% gratuity is added to your bill. Taxi's can be pricey as well. A one-way trip from the airport to the hotel was $28 then the in-and-around charges vary from $6-$10/one way depending on where you go. The beach was super nice! I do suggest getting out on the beach before 10am so you get a good beach lounge chair - lots of them were broken. You will have a ton of locals come to you and try and sell you shirts, wraps, drinks, etc. If I were you, I'd wait and go shopping downtown where you can get a better deal. The Atlantis resort is a MUST SEE! They have lots of stores inside as well as a very nice casino and club inside. It is a very short walk from the Sheraton and doesn't cost anything to get into. If you have any questions - please feel free to email me.

Paradise Island, Bahamas

by Apotropaic

"PARADISE ISLAND, BAHAMAS"

This Resort is the BEST. There are endless things to do and see. Water sports, Casino action, archeological dig, spa services. You name it and Atlantis has it. The rooms are fabulous. The beds are top quality and the furnishings were new and very upscale. I will tell you that there were pieces of Limoges china in our suite ! I enjoyed the view from the balcony of our room many times as the sun rose each morning. It was great way to start the day. The place was manicured down to the last detail. All the bells and whistles ! The gourmet food was to DIE for......we tried to sample everyting I think...
I would recommend this resort to any and every one. They can meet your needs, whatever they may be. Their standards are HIGH.

Paradise Island, Bahamas

by Ilona.

"A Great Week Spent in the Bahamas"

Arrived in the evening and checked in to the Holiday Inn, the evening view from the hotel looked wonderful with all the colourful flood lights lighting up the pool area. In the morning the lounges lined up neatly along the beach area called Pirate's Cove. First day we walked over the bridge leading to Nassau, but took a road taxi or water taxied over each time after that. I won a nice amount at the cassino & the bahamian cocktails were excellent !! Collected cute little seashells from the beach, but the glass-bottomed boat was really nothing to write home about lol. When looking out of the hotel & facing the water, then taking a short walk to your right you come to a woodsy errmm palmsy :P area & see a completely green pond, you'll see cute little hummingbirds :D We rented a moped and had to drive in the left side of the road we had quite a surprise when whipping down the road rounding a curve & came to a fork in the road !! Good manouvering and we ended up at this site of what's left of an old school or monestary type of structure with columns. We smelled of coconut suntan lotion the whole time we were there. And now ever since that holiday there everytime I smell coconuts I think of the Bahamas.

Paradise Island - Bahamas

by aligobs

"Atlantis - Beautiful but Pricey"

If you visit the Bahama's then you should make a stopover to Paradise Island in particular Atlantis. Even if you're not a gambler the hotel grounds are lavish and tropical. If you stop on the beach for spell you're likely to be approached with locals that will lop of the top of a coconut and fill the shell with rum. This is delicious mixed with the fresh coconut milk. The staff at the hotel are friendly but be aware if you are just there for the day and do not have an armband you will not be allowed access to all areas in Atlantis. You can purchase an arm band for the day which will let you stay in the pool area and use the facilities but it's not cheap. Neither is it cheap to eat there and the foods not that great. You're better off eating in town. The casino is lavish with some of the most fantastic glass sculptures I've ever seen.

Pina Colada on the beach, Paradise Island, BahamasPina Colada on the beach, Paradise Island, Bahamas

RIU Paradise Island Hotel - All Inclusive

by aahence

Any thoughts on this hotel or others in the Nassau area? I am looking for something on the beach but that is nice.

RE: RIU Paradise Island Hotel - All Inclusive

by crazygal59

We have stayed at the Riu twice in the last year. We really liked it. It of course does not have the extensive grounds that Atlantis does, but it does share the same beach (which is really nice). The service was good and the food as well. You can check my travel pages for pictures and a review. If you have any other questions just email me.Carolyn

RE: RIU Paradise Island Hotel - All Inclusive

by dondon26

I have stayed at the Breezers before and that was very nice.

I am branch manager of the uk's largest independent travel agency and if you are still looking for a good deal on the beach, then your welcome to give me a call and I can see what we can do for you, we are the only agent to not charge a credit card service feem other agents and internet charge at least 2%, If you want me to shop around for you then give me a call at work on 01502 713624

Kind regards

Donna

RE: RE: RIU Paradise Island Hotel - All Inclusive

by aahence

Thanks a bunch, I do appreciate, however we have already booked our trip. I will keep your info just in case we go somewhere else soon though.

Comments