Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about The Cove Atlantis

The Mayan Temple Waterslide

by happyhourkid about Atlantis Paradise Island

The Atlantis has it all-the world's largest aquarium, a 50,000 square foot casino, a movie theatre, comedy club, the list goes on. It wouldn't surprise me if this place had it's own brothel. If they do, I'm sure their marketing guys are keeping that a good secret. One of the most popular features at the Atlantis is the 6 storey Mayan Temple Waterslide. Basically, its about a 70 foot freefall and into an acrylic tube that runs you through a gigantic shark tank and then ends at one of the resort's many swimming pools. Absolutely an experience in itself. (Note the water at the base of the temple. That is home to SEVERAL sharks.

The Bridge Suite

by happyhourkid about Atlantis Paradise Island

At only $25,000 a night and a 7 night minimum (Free, if you open a $1,000,000 account with the casino) you too, can stay in the famed Bridge Suite at Atlantis Paradise Island. The Bridge Suite has the honor of being known as the most expensive hotel room in the world, according to the Forbes Report in 2003.

Past guests include Michael Jordan (several times) Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, Denzel Washington, and Oprah Winfrey. Still no word on whether or not Oprah actually was generous enough to tip the bellboy. Her reputation here in Chi-town leads me to think that I doubt it. So what do you get for that kind of money? For starters, location, location, location. The Bridge Suite is located on top of a bridge that connects the two Royal Towers buildings, so it overlooks the entire resort and marina. (Basically, almost equally the view I had, although in the Bridge Suite you can see the city which lies on the other side of the Hotel.)

The ten-room suite is decorated in red, black and gold (lots of gold), the walls are adourned with fine art, and comes with its own butler, bar lounge and entertainment center as well as 12-foot ceilings. The master bedroom has a sitting area, his-and-hers closets, and hand-painted linens. The bathrooms have chaise lounges, marble baths, and dolphin fixtures. For those who are picky about their personal space, there are two separate master bathrooms. The kitchen also has its own entrance so the butler or cook never bothers you.

Even the Rich and Famous Appreciate Atlantis!

by happyhourkid about Atlantis Paradise Island

While I was there, Mike was there (Michael Jordan, that is. (We just simply refer to him as Mike, here in the city of 6 NBA Championship trophies). The Atlantis is host to this year's Michael Jordan Celebrity Golf Tournament January 12-16, 2005.

Other celebrities that were at the Atlantis while I was there included Wayne Gretzky, Mia Hamm, Derek Jeter, Mario Lemieux, John McEnroe, Roger Clemens, Carson Daly, Aidan Quinn, Maury Povich, Damon Wayans, and Joe Pantoliano. (No Bruce Springsteen though, which sucked.) Essentially, the Atlantis is as great a place as any to spot your favorite stars.

As is usual, Mike was staying in the Bridge Suite. The Bridge Suite, in case you care, only costs $25,000 a night to stay in but don't worry-as long as you open a $1,000,000 credit line with the casino they will comp you the room. Now that's a bargain. Locally, it's called the Michael Jordan suite, although it is not officailly named for him. Speaking of Damon Wayans!!! The Wayans Brothers were there as well. In fact, Damon was filming an episode of his TV series "My Wife and Kids". While they didn't allow you to take pictures of the set, they did let you get pretty close to it.

No word on whether Damon can afford the Bridge Suite, however......

Cheaper than Atlantis

by pg12359 about Paradise Island Village Market

If you get a map of Atlantis, this shopping village will be noted as "Bahamacraft Centre". The Bahamacraft Centre is adjacent to the Paradise Island Shopping Village. I assume that Atlantis doesn't put this shopping center on their map because it is in direct competition with their own Marina Village, which is across the street.

The following shops are located here:

Duty Free shop ($15 US for two bottles of Bacardi, $17.50 for Bombay Sapphire)

Pharmacy

Grocery Store

Quiznos Subs - sub is $6 US

Anthony's Caribbean Grille - great food (Full rack of ribs - $30 US, Jerk chicken pasta - $22 US, Conch fritter appetizer - $9 US, Bowl of conch soup - $6 US, Pina coladas - $6.50)

Various gift shops selling everything from towels, T-shirts, toys, etc.

AMAZING~~~~ THE ONLY PLACE TO STAY ON PARADISE ISLAND

by TripAdvisor Member francescaLChicago

After reading many of the negative reviews on Trip Finder, we were pleasantly surprised. Our initial reservations were for the Beach Tower Promo/ Cove opening. We were immediately upgraded free of charge to a larger room in the Coral Towers.
The room was clean, bright and well maintainted. However, the Coral towers is beginning to slow a little wear on the exterior of the hallways. The Atlantis property was extremely immaculate. All the help was extremely accomodating...even when we lost our room keys on the newly opened Power Tower ( raging rapids with water slides attraction). We did the modified American meal plan since our son is 10...it worked extremely well for us...as there was so much to do on the water related activities...we never left the property. We kept tabs on all the gratuitity charges that are not inclued on the meal plan and after 3 days ( minus the bar drinks we purchased and some gift shop trinkets) our bill was around $75.00. ~~~You need to watch the gratuity charges as ours was doulbed on a couple of occassions~~~ when I brought this to the attention of the front desk, they immediately corrected the situation with no questions asked. A guy before me has $125.00 in over charges on his bill and they refunded his via cash on the spot.
Bring a pair of surf shoes...as it is a lot of walking and it is easier on your feet by wearing them.
The Cove was absolutely breathtaking...the architechture is open and airy...very modern...very expensive. The pool at the cove does not allow children but they have their own cove pool in ocean.
The water park is the best deal for kids and family....best river rafting and slides...bar none in the caribbean.
The Gourmet dining plan was $118 per adult per day...$45.00 per child.....with choices to dine at Fathoms, NObu, The Bahamian Club, The great wall of waters, Mama LOOs, Mesa Bar And Grill, and Mosaic. The modified American plan is better if you have kids that are picky eaters and like Buffet food. Regular price for the Buffet is $45.00 per adult / $15.00 for kids.
Pool side drinks are $12 to $15 at Atlantis and $25 and up at the Cove Pool. Enter the Foyer at the Royal Towers and check out the Dig....it is the best underwater acquarium you will ever see....it houses a Manta Ray with a 12 foot wing span, plus a preditor cave...which has an array of sharks and other fish.

Loved the Cove!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member cutelee25

I stayed at the cove from may 20-25. My vacation started badly as jetblue lost one of my luggage bags. Of course, it was one of mine with all my stuff in it. This is my second time that Jetblue has lost my luggage!! When I arrived at The Cove they contacted jetblue and did everything they could to try to get my bag back. Sure enough, hours later I did get my bag returned.

I arrived at The Cove at 11:00am and was promised the latest our room would be ready was 1:00, we decided to walk around the The Cove and see everything then go get something to eat. This is my 11th time at the Atlantis, we stay there every year, and every year we have our arrival lunch at the same place. We go to Murrays delication for lunch, it is located by the yachts right outside the casino. It was a delicious lunch! We arrived back at The Cove at 2:00 to be told that our room was still not ready and should be ready by 4:00. I was no happy with this because The Cove told Jetblue to call us at our room if they found our luggage, and said we would be in the room by 1:00. Supposely they had a room assigned to us through our casino host and wanted it to be perfect. When they manager saw us sitting in the lobby for more then an 1/2 hour she approached us and promised us a room a.s.a.p. Sure enough 10minutes later she got us a room.

After all the problems were resolved we had a great time! It was very breezy at The Cove, our entire stay was like a w ind storm, my mother actually fall 3 times in the lobby area because the wind was so strong. We were told this is not normal and it was just a windy week. The pool areas were beautiful, there are 2 pools casades were children and adults are aloud, and the cain an adult only pool. The adult pool was the most chic ,sexiest pool I have ever seen, however, we rarely stayed at that pool. It was always crowded and even windy then the other pool. We stayed at the casades pool and were almost the only guests at that pool, it was like the whole pool was just for us. Also the drinks by the casades pool are $8.75 while the adult pool drinks are $25 a drink! Everything about The Cove is beautiful and modern. We normally stayed at the royal towers before the cove was built and though things couldnt get any nicer. The Cove proved us wrong! We took a walk over to the royal towers pools and their was not one lounge chair to sit on and the pools were packed! The Cove was not packed anytime durning our stay and chairs were always available.

However, we are big gamblers, the outdoor casino at the cove was not opened durning our stay and the main casino is located in the royal towers which is a 15min. walk or a shuttle bus away. That was a problem because my mother has a seeing problem and it was difficult for her to make it back in fourth on her own. When we stay at the royal towers it was fairly simple for get to the hotel rooms and the casino.

Also, do not bring food from any other tower into the cove! The Cove does not serve pizza, and I was craving pizza so I walked by the royal towers to get pizza and picked up for my family and walked back to the cove. The security told me I was not aloud to bring the food into the cove. I thought the The Cove was part of the Atlantis? I was one person with 4 pizzas and he wanted me to eat them before I went back. I did not listen and walked past them, they followed me and told me not to do it again. For as much money as we spendt there, I should be able to do whatever I want!

So the cove has beautiful rooms, great service as long as u dont bring food from other towers lol, and great scenery. The Cove also is close to the new water rapids which brings you into the water slides. One of the best water rides I have ever been on! Downfalls, far from casino, and the beach by the casades pool is extremely rocky, you need to walk down to the beach which all guests can visit from all towers is. It is right outside the cove adult pool by an all guest pool. The private beach for cove members only is boulders in it and I cut my feet two times, not a relaxing beach!!

Wonderful & relaxing experience at The Cove

by TripAdvisor Member NYHorizons

I returned this afternoon from a 7-night stay (5/19-5/26) at The Cove as a belated Mother's Day/Retirement gift to my 68 y/o mother. I visit this site often to read travelers opinions before visiting a new property (thanks to all the posters) and take each review with a grain of salt knowing that everyone's experience and expectations are different. But since there are so many mixed feelings about The Cove, I felt compelled to add my own 2 cents:

Ground Transportation - Since I was traveling with my mom and didn't want any hassles as this was her first trip anywhere, I booked airport transfers through the hotel which uses Bahamas Experience Tours. It's $65 per trip, to and from the airport, but you can catch a cab both ways for about $30 per trip.

Check-in/Customer Service - Quick and simple. When I initially booked my deluxe ocean view room, I was told that the rooms ONLY come with one king bed and a pull-out couch, but after reviewing some of the reviews/photos on this site, I discovered that rooms with 2 queen beds exist so I called prior to my arrival and put in a request for such.

Upon check-in, I was told that a room with 2 beds was not available. While pleasant, I didn't get the impression that the guy checking me in was really searching, I had to tell him the suggested room numbers that contained 2 queen beds, but nevertheless off to the room with one king bed and a pull out sofa. I continued to call the front desk to get other staff to check and was eventually placed on a "request list" for the room needed (something the initial check in person did not offer). I spent one night on the very comfortable pull-out couch but knew I wouldn't want to do this for the next 6 nights. The next morning I placed a call to the front desk and eureka, a room with 2-queen beds was found - Room 16-820.

Hotel/Grounds - Gorgeous and sexy! While the the open-air walkway between the check-in site and the actual hotel is well appointed, the strong wind forces can be a bit daunting. No sense in tweaking your hair in the mirror before leaving your room because it's a wrap the moment you hit the exit : ). The entire Atlantis grounds are well kept. Everything is in relative walking distance but courtesy shuttles are available, a blessing for my mom.

Housekeeping - Generally on point with morning and turn-down service. One day the room wasn't cleaned until 4-5pm, but no big deal.

Meals - My mother and I are not big foodies, so the few times we had buffet at the Mosiac (@ The Cove) and Marketplace (@ Royal Towers) it wasn't really worth the money (lunch $30pp @ Mosiac, dinner $55pp @ Marketplace). We ate breakfast and lunch most days at Murray's (@ Marina Village) or pool side, dinner at the Atlas Bar & Grill (in the Casino), or ordered room service. Yes, the 15% gratuity is included in all meals and drinks checks and the services was on point, so no complaints about that.

Pools/Beach - Several pool options @ The Cove, from the adult only Cain, to 2 others on opposite sides of the hotel,can't remember their names - one was less crowded (with a few young toddlers/children) and provided cushioned lounge chairs, the other was more crowded with children and the lounge chairs were not as "plush," for a lack of a better word. The same breakdown applies to the adjoining beach areas, respectively. It was such a relaxing experience just walking along the shore collecting the seashells.

Overall - Atlantis offers options for almost everyone's budget and lifestyle, from choice of hotel level to meals, you just have to ask. Activities range from a variety of water slides, Dolphin Experience (which cost $150 - I just wanted to touch the dolphin not buy it : ), casino (won 2Gs off of a $100 play on the $5 Wheel of Fortune slots!), Club Aura (opened Wed-Sun, I believe), movies, comedy club, marine life exhibits, or absolutely nothing.

Generally, all of the staff members on the entire property were extremely nice and helpful. There may have been one or two who may have had a bad day, but don't we all???

My mother and I had a wonderful and relaxing time and will definitely return.

-NYHorizons

Can't wait to go back!

by TripAdvisor Member SusanNorm

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at The Cove from May 26 – 31.

After reading all of the reviews on here leading up to our trip we wanted to weigh in with our own point of view.

Before heading to The Cove we were worried about our stay. All of the reviews we were reading were terrible and we were afraid that we would encounter these same problems. This fact and the fact that I couldn’t get anyone one the phone to even talk to me about different options we may have in doing a vow renewal ceremony while there left us very nervous.

My husband called The Cove to voice his concerns and to hear what they had to say. He ended up speaking with one of the coordinators there named Brandon Pratt. Brandon let him know that there had been some kinks that the hotel had to work out after they had just opened but everything was running smoothly now. He even offered to help arrange our Vow renewal ceremony himself and have his word that he would make sure that our stay was perfect. Brandon definitely lived up to his word.

We have very few complaints about the whole trip. The few that we do have you can see below and these complaints have nothing to directly do with The Cove. All we can say is The Cove is amazing and all of the employees that we encountered there were so nice and helpful, it was wonderful. Any question we had was answered with a smile and any request we had was promptly taken care of. We really can’t complain about anything there. The room was amazing, maid service was great. Check-in and check-out was a breeze.

The Cove is just beautiful in itself. The way it is designed is amazing. Cain (The adult pool) is gorgeous and we could have sat out there our whole trip.

I will agree with one of the other posters that it is very windy near the cove and through the walkways but it feels nice. It was windy enough that they were only able to open the outdoor casino near Cain one day while we were there and even then they had to put walls up that blew over. The wind felt great when sitting by the pool and kept you nice and cool it was just tough to keep your hair nice for dinner ; )

The water sliders were a ton of fun and the rapids/river were great as well. We could have sat on tubes and gone around it all day.

Brandon did take care of our Vow renewal for us like he promised. He coordinated everything from bringing in a minister, to getting Kodak which is on site at Atlantis to come out and take pictures. He worked with my husband to set up a romantic dinner on the beach afterwards as well. All of this was amazing but what truly blew us away was dinner. We had originally planned to have dinner at Casa D’Angelo that night so my husband decided to still have the food from there for our dinner on the beach. Instead of them cooking the food at casa D’Angelo and running it over Brandon arranged for the head chef to come out to the kitchen at Cain and cook our food for us there to preserve the character if the food. This simply blew us away especially when the chef came out to meet us as well. It turns out that we were the first Vow renewal ceremony that The Cove had done. Brandon and all of the rest of the staff did such an amazing job at making that night one for us to remember!

I would recommend the Cove to anyone in heartbeat and we plan on heading back as soon as we can get away again!

Restaurant Reviews:

Mesa Grill - A
Delicious Food, exceptional service, great atmosphere. The food we had here was some of the best we had on the trip.

Seafire Steakhouse - B-
The steak here was ok. A good piece of meat but nothing amazing. We didn't get drinks and service was not great at all. Compared to the other wait staff we had that was always willing to please it maid the wait staff here seem indifferent. The atmosphere wasn't anything amazing. If this was a restaurant back home we wouldn't go back. It just wasn't good enough.

Casa D'Angelo - A+
We can't speak for the atmosphere or the wait staff since we didn’t eat in the restaurant itself, however we did get the food from them and it was absolutely delicious. If you like Italian food you will love this place.

Cafe Martinique - A+
The best meal we had at Atlantis. The restaurant had a great old Caribbean feel to it. The wait staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly and the food was outstanding. If we could get a reservation there again we would have gone back.

Bahamian Club – B-

The food here again wasn’t anything spectacular. We think the food at Seafire Steakhouse was better but the wait staff here was better. I don’t eat fish and was turned off when the only non seafood appetizer they had was escargot.

LGOON Bar and Grill - B
We ate lunch here one afternoon.. The food was an ok price but nothing too good at all. I couldn't find much that I liked and found my sandwich un-appetizing. The drinks here were really good though. Very tasty and at a very good price. Much better than at some other places at the resort.

Cain - B
We had lunch here one day as well. Food wasn't bad, atmosphere of the pool was nice but it was just way too pricey. We already knew that drinks were $25 each but still got a drink each and a sandwich. The bill ended up being $100 for lunch which was just way too much. Drinks at Cain are in the $25 range which is more expensive than other parts of the resort. Just know this going in and don’t get drinks here if that is too expensive for you.

Mosiac - A
Mosaic is great. They have great service great price and great selection. We only had breakfast here but we had breakfast here every day. We went on our first morning at Atlantis and just realized that this buffet had everything that you could want for breakfast. It was nice and convenient and just a great place to go for breakfast!

Con’s:

There were only a couple things we can complain about the whole trip.

The limo transfers:

Atlantis uses a company called Bahamian Experience for their limos. We were very unimpressed by their service. We paid for limo transfers both ways. When we got to the airport many other families had also paid for transfers. Whoever gets out to the curb first gets their limo first. We were one of the last few couples to get out there and had to wait 45 minutes for a limo. After waiting 25 minutes or so they offered to take us in a SUV but with no refund in price difference so we decided to wait for the limo. The employees didn’t seem to care or know what was going on.

The day we were leaving we called the night before to make sure our limo would be at the cove at 8 a.m. We got downstairs and there was no limo again. We were offered a SUV again but said that we had paid for a limo and wanted one. When the ride to the airport is 30 minutes at minimum a limo vs. an SUV is a big difference especially when you paid for it.

The Gourmet Dining Plan:

We got the Gourmet Dining Plan thing that it would be more convenient and that we would save some money. Overall we don’t think the dining plans have any savings. We would have to eat the most expensive things on the menus on the $$$$$ restaurants to eat the amount that you pay. There is also such a huge leap in quality of food and staff from the $$$$ and the $$$$$ restaurants. Atlantis should either include tip or lunch in the plans to make them worth wile. If Atlantis wants you to get the plans to keep you on property to benefit them they should do more with these plans. If you plan on eating at $$$$$ restaurants the whole time you may save some money with the plan and if you get he plan you should only stick to the $$$$$ restaurants. If you want to eat anywhere else or want flexibility skip the dining plan as you will save money by doing so.

Wonderful Experience!!!

by TripAdvisor Member GSGT

We stayed at the Cove from May 27th-June1st. The Cove is simply a wonderful luxury experience. We have stayed at the Atlantis previously. The modern design and luxury of the Cove is spectacular! It provides the highest level of enjoyment, great service, and excellent food. From the moment we arrived we were treated with the utmost respect from every employee. The staff was always friendly, courteous, and helpful. The Cove security team made us always feel safe and secure.

The new pools and water rides are awesome! Our two teenagers loved the rides but then so did their parents. You have to visit the Marina Village for the great food and shopping - the ice cream at the Creamery was a big hit! We did spend some time in casino which was great fun. If you like to walk on a quiet beach go to Paradise Beach which is where the Cain (adult) pool is located – a three minute walk. The Cove and Atlantis offers something for everyone. We are hopefully going back in December.

The Atlantis - Paradise Island Bahamas

by Char318

We stayed with our two sons, aged 7 and 5 at the Royal Tower in the Atlantis. While the hotel was beautiful it is rather big. The boys had a great a vacation. Us parents prefer a smaller quieter resort but we had fun too. There was lots to do day and night it was just a very busy place. Kinda reminds me of Disney with a water theme. We told the boys we probably won't be going back - maybe when they are 16 we might check it out again. Fun trip but not a quiet resort.

The view of Atlantis from the Water taxiThe view of Atlantis from the Water taxi

Making Bahamian Coffee for two.Making Bahamian Coffee for two.

Liz walking to the Perfume ShopLiz walking to the Perfume Shop

Checking out the boatsChecking out the boats

Atlantis

by CliffClaven

One of the little Clavens has set her heart on a holiday at the Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island.

Any comments from those who know the resort would be appreciated.

Re: Atlantis

by aflaneur

The testimonials from people who have stayed there suggest that your wee Claven has chosen well. See tripadvisor's page on the Atlantis:

Re: Atlantis

by Johanna1962

there are several discussions about Atlantis on the Cruisecritics board

maybe this helps

Re: Re: Atlantis

by CliffClaven

Thanks for the info.

I had a quick look, and it seems that the Atlantis Resort lives up to its reputation.

best island in Bahamas, Caribbean?

by janiac

I know it's all subjective, but trying to get an idea of what would be a great place to visit in the Caribbean. I have two teenagers (13 and 15, boy and girl). I like beaches and nature. I was originally going to try and splurge a night or two at Atlantis, Paradise Island, but reviews I've read seem to indicate the quality of the place and the crowds aren't worth the price. I've never been to any of the islands in the Caribbean and need an idea of some good places to choose from. Please help!

RE: best island in Bahamas, Caribbean?

by catalysta

Almost all of the Caribbean islands have gorgeous sugar sand beaches, though there are a few exceptions (Saba & Bonaire, e.g.). With 2 kids along, shoot for one of the islands that has lower crime rates.

I'd recommend St. John USVI for you. Not only are the beaches incredible, but it's got just about anything else you'd want as well, including the fact that 2/3 of the island is a National Park. Have a look at this link for starters: http://www.usvi-on-line.com/sj/sjmap.shtml

Why go to theme parks when you can experience the real thing? Take the kids snorkeling at Trunk Bay, and consider trying SNUBA with one of the outfits in Cruz Bay as a fun intro to being underwater - or go all the way with a dive course.

Take a day trip to Charlotte Amalie on St. Thomas to see a bustling pirate's port that has grown into the Carib's largest duty-free shopping mecca. Visit nearby Crown Bay Marina and hop on the Atlantis Submarine (yes, it's a real one!) to see the deep water reefs.

by janiac

thank you so much!! great info!

by catalysta

You're welcome!

by jelw

I would recommend Abacos if you are serious about nature, not shopping and theme parks. Snorkeling, swimming boating and beaches are the things to do on the Abacos.
If you want to have access to all the shops and entertainment though you may want Paradise Island /Nassau or Marsh Harbor.

by vanderlust

I would agree with Outlaw, St. John is very freindly, laid back and much to do for a couple of teenagers. Also consider that while there you are basically in the US. Comforting thought for someone watching after two teenagers.
Happy Trails.

by BarbBC3

I'm also considering USVI for this August and found a promotional deal that you might want to look into. You can get a $200 airfare credit for traveling by Aug. 31. Here's the website...

Thank you!