San Salvador Island Hotels

Our Members Say

• Travellingismylife profile photo Travellingismylife
  • Reviews: 24

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Club Med - Columbus Isle: The paradise in the Caribbean!

It was my second Club Med. I've been to Punta Cana a year ago. I know how was the service, the food, etc. But Columbus Isle is considered as one of the best Club Med ever. It's quite expensive. We had a very cheap deal, that's why my best friend and I decided to go there. We wanted to do the party, do sports..have fun! We were very dissapointed when we realized that there were only couples!! And there weren't anybody of our age(we're 18). But we love to talk to everybody and meet new people. Finally we got along very well with everybody and we even met people who weren't in a couple.

There is only the Club Med on the San Salvador island which is very small! We got off the plane(there's no airport!), we took a little bus and 5 min. later we arrived at the Club Med. There were a lot of Quebecers and French people. And I've met a couple of people who came from New York. All the G.O.(people who are doing the animation) speak english(and a lot of them speak french too!).

The food is excellent!!! There is a very big restaurant where there is always a buffet(which is different each night!). There is an Italian restaurant and a 'à la carte' restaurant too. Example of what you can find at the buffet, depending on the theme of the night:
sushis, mahi-mahi, fresh pasta, pizza, steak...You really have to try the white chocolate bread!!! Huumm! Delicious! It's open-bar so all the beverages are included! Even the wine at table...=))

There's not a lot of sports..Yes there are a basketball court, tennis courts, volleyball court, etc. But it's not a Club Med for sporty people! We were always alone when we played basketball and volley! But those who love to dive will love this place!! It's THE place to dive in the Caribbean! There is a nice program for divers and they give lessons for those who want to learn! You have to pay though.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average