Grafton Road, Black Rock, Stonehaven Bay, , Tobago, Caribbean
The Villas at Stonehaven
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Tobago

the water was just so clear and calmthe water was just so clear and calm

Tobago from the airTobago from the air

Parlatuvier BayParlatuvier Bay

The beach at No Man's Land, TobagoThe beach at No Man's Land, Tobago

I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by Zarasher

I am about to book a flight to Tobago for June. There is a few questions that I would like to put to you.

1) What is the weather like at this time of year?
2) I am from the UK, will I be able to use my debit card in ATM machines. Is there any problem with using credit cards?
2) How easy would it be to get from Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela and back again?
3) Or to go from Tobago - Venezuela?

On the map Venezuela looks really close, but of course that doesn't always translate into you being able to get to a place with ease, especially where there is water involved!

RE: I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by clmetal

If you fly BWIA to Caracas, you will automatically have a layover in Port of Spain and you can likely arrange a free layover in Trinidad (that's what we did years ago when we went). They fly from England too.

RE: I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by irvys

hi. I have lived in trinidad and Toabgo for the past 10 yrs...but i am a Venezuelan citizen.
ok...back to your questions,,,
weather right now in Trinidad (T&T) is very hot. as well as th ecentral areas of Vzla, unless you go to merida and La Colonia Tovar, th eweather there is very cool.
I don think you will hava a problem usin the ATM machines, i have used foreing ones and never had a problem. and just keep your ID when buying with credit card.

there is a ferry service from T&T that departs from Pier 1 (name of the company) it is located in Chaguaramas. last i know it goes and come back from vzla every wed. (once a week) it takes about 4 hours trip to get to vzla (you can bring your own food and alcoholic bevareges (coke, water and coffee are free, * at least last time i traveled on mAY 06. You will arrive at the port of Guiria in Vzla (about 14 hours by bus to CCS) .

i hope i was able to answer some of your questions.....right now i am in the USA. and actually i bopught a ticket to Vzla to go on my Spring break.

tips for trinidad* plp are usually very friendly...but you can never really tell. do not jump in taxis that number plates do not start with an H (hire) P is private, aot of plp use them aa\s transportation, but it is a bit safer to go with the H car. ***better if you rent a car***

RE: RE: I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by Zarasher

Ive already booked a cheap and direct charter flight!

Re: I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by zofka

Hey

I have an idea about visiting Trinidad & Tobago as well as Venezuela next year. So please make a great travelpage with all the tips you can come up with for girls travelling on their own.

Regards Anna

Re: I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by lawmc

June is the beginning of the rainy season, but the last few years I have been there at this time and it's still beautiful weather with a few showers here and there. There are plenty of cash machines around the Island that accept Visa credit & Debit cards. There isn't a direct flight from Tobago to Venezuela, not sure about trinidad though. I know it's very close - the shortest distance being 7 miles, but like you say this may not be as easy as it looks with the water in the way :-)

Laura

Travel Tips for Tobago

Cross Country from West to East

by chennaismartguy

From Parlatuvier Bay, we took the hill road to reach the other side of Tobago (West to East)…this road wind up thru’ the tropical rain forest. You feel like you are totally in a jungle and not in tiny island. It took minimum an hour to do this cross section, on the way you can also have a look on the lovely country side of Tobago. This road starts from Parlatuvier and ends up in Roxborough.

The resort half of T&T

by DSwede

Please note that this page is dedicated to more of the island of Tobago as a whole and to Crown Point.

The airport is in Crown Point (south west corner of Tobago).
Honestly speaking from a visitor's point of view this is where you want to be anyway. The capital city of Scarborough does not particularly cater to visitors.

Crown Point will have all the hotels, restaurants, tour & dive shops, car rentals, etc.

There are a few small towns worthy of stopping at, so it would be recommended to rent a car and circle the island. The entire island can be circumnavigated in a day.

The upper northeast coast by Speyside is quite refreshing.

Trinidad and Tobago are two distinct islands, but they do share a common culture. There is a mixture of religions (Christian, Hindu, Muslim, etc.) and a diverse ethnic mixture, mostly of African and Indian decent.

Tobago, of the two islands, is far more concentrated in the African and Christian populations, with large Rastafarian communities.

Of the two, Tobago is more laid back, operating on a slower pace. It does have a few supporting industries, but the people predominantly depend on tourism.

But for some more general thoughts on my month long stay in T&T or more specifically Trinidad, please feel free to stop by my Trinidad & Tobago page.

(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Trinidad & Tobago Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)

Paradise found

by johnkebab

"Keep it a secret."

We ended up in Tobago after doing the Carnival thing in Trinidad, I wasn't expecting a huge amount, but Tobago has now become a place that I will definitely be going back to, as opposed to a place that I just say ' that was nice' .
The people there are super-friendly, the crime rate is virtually non existant when compared to the crime rate of Trinidad, the food (always fresh sea food and some of the tenderest steak I've ever had) is fantastic, as is the diving and beaches, not to mention the oldest preserved rainforest reservation in the western hemisphere.
I really can't rant enough about how outstanding this little island is, but maybe I shouldn't ..... nahh your alright

Tobago - Paradise

by markblonde

After 4 weeks, we were getting a little restless, so we got on a ferry to Tobago. It took six hours, and its closer than Ireland and France!! It was definately worth it though when a school of Dolphins decided to swim alongside us and started doing jumps!
And it was all topped off by a beautiful sunset on the open waves - if you've never seen it, i recommend you do. It's unforgettable.

As for Tobago itself, its pretty much one massive beach. The whole island is only 21 miles long and five miles across. I can throw further!
But seriously, its pretty idealic!
Glorious sunshine, white sands and crystal clear waters. Straight out of a movie and into my life. I really am lucky. I just wish all of you could be here to enjoy it with me.

As for nightlife, its a bit lacking if i'm honest. Apart from Sunday School. ( remember i mentioned this earlier). This happens on a Sunday ( duh really!) and starts at about 11pm. It's pretty much just a massive beach party where everybody goes to drink, smoke, lime (chill-out) and wine (dance). It is mental an doesn't finish till dawn!! Only in Tobago!

The only other thing to do here is watersports (not that kind you dirty girl!). So of course we obliged, and you're now talking to a PADI qualifies Open-Water SCUBA diver! Cool huh!
A whole new world for us to ***-off!
We've seen Angel Fish, Lobsters, Moray Eels, Electric Rays and a Turtle. That was really special - Even the instructor had never seen one.
I told you, I must have been born under a lucky star i guess.

Comments