Toucan Inn & Bonkers

Store Bay Local Road, Box No. 452, Crown Point, , Tobago, Caribbean

More about Toucan Inn & Bonkers

Best value for money

by Woosey about Toucan Inn

The Toucan Inn is situated just 5-10 minutes from the airport in Crown Point.
As there are not many flights from and to Tobago, it is not a problem to be so close to the airport.
The complex exsists out of 20 cabana's, overlooking either the pool or te garden.
The room had a vey good bed, a big closet and was very clean.
Next to the pool was the famous "Bonkers". Bonkers is one of Tobago's best restaurants, serving local food, or at least with a local twist. (Try the Lamb stew)
To the best beach in Crown Point, Pigeon Point, it was about a 10-15 minute walk. -Very intimate, due to small scale
-Bonkers, a very good restaurant
-Very nice an polite employee's

Staying in Tobago

by morgana17 about Toucan Inn

I enjoyed staying at the Toucan Inn immensely. It is 5-10 minutes from the airport in the South of the island. There are 2 types of rooms: some of them are around the swimming pools; others around the little tropical garden. I was close to the gardens. The room was similar to a bungalow, spartan but with all I needed (spacious bathroom, storage, air conditioning.) and quiet.
The Restaurant is called Bonkers and it's expensive, but really nice. You must try their chicken wrapped in bacon! They also make cocktails.
The swimming pool is very small, but who cares... the sea is what counts!
There are loads of humming birds that come to lick the marmelade in the morning, on the restaurant's rail. They're gorgeous!
Breakfast is just fantastic. I recommend to try the special of the day every day! Sometimes it is bake&fish (deep fried fish with cake-bread and tamarind chutney); others is Creole sausage (excellent!)
I also recommend to have a look at the accommodation close to Store Bay beach. I was told is cheap and it's right on the beach!
We booked everything through an agency called "tropical places", which we were really happy with. Humming birds coming to greet you at breakfast! Incredible food in the morning (tropical fruit+special of the day or fry or Continental+juice+toast+marmelate+hot beverage!
Lovely people in reception.
The Macaw (Bonkers) and the Toucan (Toco)
Loads of cool lizards walking about

In Trinidad there are good...

by Island_Babe

In Trinidad there are good restaurants all over the country, and food is comparitively cheap! The hottest spot in dining is on the 'Avenue',Ariapita Avenue where a host of new restaurants have popped up that reflect Trinidad's Cosmopolitan Nature. Start on one end at SWEET LIME and make your way down to LA BASTILLE. By the time you are done you would have sampled, local,french, iatlian, lebanese,chinese and a melange of other menu choices.

In Tobago,my favourite is Bonkers at Toucan Inn and the Seahorse in Grafton.

Yum!

by morgana17 about Ru-B-Lous

Ru-B-Lous is the BEST restaurant I visited in Tobago. Their Catch of the Day (Marlin) was delicious and their chocolate chip cake superb! It's a very relaxed place, average price, and the owner-waiter is a lovely guy! The restaurant also looks very nice.
Second on the list: Marcia's. It is also in Crown Point. The place is quite plain but the food is amazing, and Marcia herself is a really nice lady! I had kingfish with peas, corn, bake, beans etc there. Excellent and very reasonably priced!
Me-Shells (Crown Point) is really nice but a bit dear. The food is delicious and the atmosphere very romantic.
Pelican Reef (close to airport) is also nice.
Bonkers (in the Toucan Inn) is delicious if a bit pricey.
Kerouac Village has a lovely dinner buffet.
For lunch, do go to Store Bay's little quiosks: they give you a ton of stuff for 2 or 3 euro! Bake and Fish, Chicken dinners... just fantastic!
For breakfast (if you're not stuffing your faces in the Toucan Inn) you can go to House of Pancakes (crown Point.) The place is real cool, with loads of humming birds around!
Creole food is yummy, with spices, loads of fish and fresh chicken! Bake & Fish
Kingfish, Marlin
Bacon-wrapped chicken

Rainforest exploring by Jeep

by Woosey

Through the reception of the Toucan Inn, we arranged a jeep safari.
We started the trip at our hotel and first drove towards Arnos Vale.
ere we went into the forest, first to the Highland waterfall.
On our way, we stopped at various places, whenever we saw something interesting and our guide explained it. We saw iguanas, snakes and caymans.
During the same tour, we also visited the Hillsborough dam to see the caymans, had a delicious local lunch and went to an old sugarcane factory ruin.
It was a whole day trip worth every penny. (80 USD, including drinks, the lunch and pick-up and drop-off at you hotel.

Toucan Inn and BonkersToucan Inn and Bonkers

R&Sea Diver'sR&Sea Diver's

Sunset by Fort MilfordSunset by Fort Milford

On the boat on the way to No Man's LandOn the boat on the way to No Man's Land

Accomodation in Tobago

by Floydstar

Can anyone recommend accomodation in Tobago.

We are visting in August and want somewhere romantic, quiet (ish) and not too expensive

All replies appreciated

Thanks

by baltomike

Depends on what part of the island you are staying. I prefer the NE corner of the island and especially the town of Charlotteville, Chalson Chalets have very clean and nice apts for about 42USD/night when we were there last year. Quiet and near the best beach in the world, Pirate's Bay.

by MOSSETT

I would stay at the Toucan Inn.
We have been to Tobago twice and found the Toucan Inn to be a charming place to stay with a very good breakfast, nice clean rooms (cabana style) and very friendly management. It is very close to Pigeon Point (georgeous beach!) and also Store Bay which is lovely also.
We also stayed at Sandy Point which was a very nice quiet hotel.
It depends what you are looking for, but if you just want a basic, cheap apartment in a good location I can give you an email address for a very reliable lovely man who has apartments. I have been in them and they are next door to a fantastic restaurant (also owned by the same guy)
Any questions about Tobago, I will be happy to answer. I love Tobago !!!
Its fantastic !!

by peppermango

I only now found this thread and only joined some days ago, how did you enjoy tobago. I am from Trinidad and travel to tobago often I live in Europe now. Tell me what you thought of it.

Re: Re: Accomodation in Tobago

by sunworshiper

My husband and I are visiting Tobago for the first time in April next year. There is very little written about Tobago in Caribbean articles - what can you tell us about Tabago - and where should we go.

Comments