PO Box 179, Caribbean

Booking.com eDreams Priceline.com

• Wonderful for diver and non-diver

Bohio is a nice surprise! We booked on a whim, taking advantage of a post holiday special. The setting is spectacular, the diving is fabulous, the beach is lovely.

We spent 8 days on the partial inclusive package ( breakfast and lunch) Our goal was to chill, and for hubby to dive, and boy did we meet our goal. I would absolutely come back. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a small, quiet, personable, clean island experience. If you are looking for nightlife and lots of shopping and activities, this probably isn't' for you. But if you want great diving, friendly hosts that care about your visit, good food, a lovely beach and lots of time to chill.... this is the spot.

The restaurant can be a little slow, "island time" so be aware of that. My only complaint about the rooms is they need a little are and better lighting. However, those are small things. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bohio.

Unique Quality: It is a small resort, focused on diving and personal service. It's the kind of place where you'll get to know your boat and beach buddies after a few days. While the rooms are plain, they are extremely clean and comfortable. This is the cleanest island resort I have ever seen! The hosts, Tom and Ginny, ( new managers) and the staff are working very hard to make this place beautiful: I guess some work was way overdue.

Husband is the diver. Boats are small which means small groups. Steve, the divemaster, is amazing for his energy, positive attitude, and service. They run a top notch dive service at Bohio. The dive sites are quite close in, so the interval is done on the beach. HUbby heard whales, saw lots of critters, and says the reefs are in beautiful condition with lots of clarity.

I am the non diver. For the review from a cruise passenger that said the snorkeling was sparse, they need to spend some time out there and maybe swim a little farther. ( maybe stay a few days instead of a few hours?) I saw turtles every day- one day I saw four. Turtles, squid, barracudas, flying gunards, angels, flounders, spotted eels....The wall of the reef is about 300 ft from shore so you can swim out, or the dive boat will drop you off and you can swim back in.

More about Bohio Dive Resort

Grand Turk

by emily031

"Overview"

[My photo is not edited, I don't know why the sky looks so weird--the color is so off! The water, however, really is that beautiful color!]

I visited Grand Turk as a port of call on a Princess cruise. The island was ravaged by hurricane Ike in 2008, so much of the area is in disrepair. That being said, there are a few great things about the island.

The port's welcoming center is very nice if not overly touristy (but it houses good bathrooms and the only taxi hub). It includes a duty-free shop as well as several small jewelry, knick-knack and souvenir stores (also a Ron Jon Surf Shop). In addition, the largest Margaritaville is here. It is the only place close to the port to eat. Food is mediocre at best, but it is a beautiful scene with the beachfront and a nice pool. They hold dancing contests when the ships come in that are entertaining with the help of a few margaritas! The locals sure can dance...

We went a bit out of the way to Governor's Beach. Dropped off by a taxi at the Bohio Dive Resort (a very small hotel), we walked right through and onto the beach on the other side. The beach had the most beautiful clear water I have ever seen. Conch shells and coral abound on the white sand, and the warm water was so inviting. The taxi ride took 15 minutes, and though we had a driver promise to return in a few hours, of course he didn't come. So be prepared, give yourself enough time to get back to the ship if you're cruising! Stick nearby a hotel or be sure to have someone call a taxi for you in advance.

We did not dive in the area, but the snorkeling was quite sparse. You have to go beyond to the reef to see anything, and we didn't have the time or equipment to do so. We didn't utilize any of Bohio's amenities other than the Ike and Donkey beachfront bar and their chair rental ($7/day use per chair). The staff was very friendly and helpful, and they didn't have a problem with the beachgoers using their restrooms. The area was not very populated which was so nice--Margaritaville's beach was so crowded!

Overall Grand Turk is a quiet little island we'd love to explore more.

Beach rentals at Bohio Dive ResortBeach rentals at Bohio Dive Resort