Grand Turk Hotels

Our Members Say

Crabtree Apartments: Grand Turks Best Beachfront Accommodation

I stayed at a cute place called Crabtree Apartments, right on the beach and had the most amazing vacation. The people on the island were so friendly, the beaches are beautiful, though I rarely left the beach that was right outside my door. I mean literally right outside, the beautiful sandy beach and turqouise sea was my back yard. The snorkeling there was great and the beach was so peaceful and quiet. It was like having the beach to myself. Once in a while I would see someone walk by. The apartment was very well equipped with everything you need in the kitchen right down to spices and they even provided us with a few groceries for the first day. The beds were comfortable, and I loved listening to the ocean at night. We would walk down to the restaurants at night under a blanket of stars. It was so romantic. I can't wait to go back.

You almost feel like you are on a boat, the apartment is so close to the water. There are beautiful views from most of the apartment. My favorite place was the covered patio. We would sit there in the eveing with a glass of wine to watch the sunset. In the morning I would have my breakfast there too. So peaceful and beautiful.

If you haven't heard of the sleepy little island of Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos, look into it! The island has charming antique homes along it's narrow wall lined streets and most of the restaurants are perched right on the water's edge. Both the island and Crabtree Apartment make for the perfect vacation.

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written April 20, 2008

View from Apartment and Patio

Grand Turk: Best Kept Secret on Grand Turk

This past December we stayed at, what I consider to be the best kept secret on Grand Turk, The Crabtree Apartments. Their accommodations are located literally on the beach. The apartment was perfectly set up and so comfortable. I love going to sleep at night listening to the gentle waves and waking to them too. Not to mention the gorgeous views. This was paradise for sure. I have been to the island a few times, the first time I stayed at the Osprey Beach Hotel, which was nice but once we discovered Crabtree we didn't want to go any where else. How can you beat being right there? If I wanted to make a Pina Colada I would pop inside whip up a batch and then plunk myself down on the lania and feast my eyes on the beautiful waters. There was no elevators, or boardwalks or other people for that fact, just my and my spouse the sand and the water. It was fantasic. We had the use of 2 bikes, which was perfect to get around the island and they even provided us with some basic supplies enough to make breakfast the next morning. Kudos to you Crabtree Apartment to Leslie the owner and Maria the manager, a lovely very helpful woman. Check them out for yourself. You will be glad you did.

Beachfront - Sandy beach with the wate about 25 feet from the patio where we spent most of our time.

Close to town and restaurants

Comfortable

Kitchen set up is perfect for those who would like to eat their meals there.

Clean and nice managment.

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written March 4, 2008
Tip Photo

View of the beach from the patio

Crabtree Apartments: Nicest Accomodations on Grand Turk, beachfront too

Last December we stayed at Crabtree Apartments on the sleepy island of Grand Turk. This was our second time staying there. We love Crabtree Apartments they are clean, a good proximity to things and best of all the apartments are literally right on the edge of the beach with the water about 25' from the door. Waking to the amazing blue water in the morning is such a treat but, that is not all, sunsets are wonderful and we even caught a glimpse of the "Green Flash". I couldn't say enough about this place but 2 thumbs up! Grand Turk is one of our favorite places too with it's quaint streets, all the restaurants on the water's edge and it's European kind of charm.

You step from your own private patio right onto the beach. The patio is the best place to relax and enjoy the views and the breezes. Views, views, views, from almost everywhere in the apartment. They supplied us with some groceries for breakfast the next morning and 2 bicycles came with the unit for us to explore the island.

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons