Airport Inn

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Providenciales Island

So delicious...........So delicious...........

The gorgeous water and beachThe gorgeous water and beach

Liz enjoying her dacquiriLiz enjoying her dacquiri

splashy splashysplashy splashy

Cheap Flight and Room/Apartment

by Rob_C

I would like to visit Provo as a base to see the Islands.

I live near london, can anyone advise me of the cheapest way to get there. Is it cheaper to fly to Miami or JFK and then onto Provo than fly direct or to Jamaica, Dominican Republic etc?

Also I need to rent a basic room or apartment there, any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

RE: Cheap Flight and Room/Apartment

by LisaMJ

BA fly direct twice a week......if you look out for their specials you may well get a good rate. I think they tend to do them around this time of year if you are booking quite far in advance.

Lisa

RE: RE: Cheap Flight and Room/Apartment

by Rob_C

Thanks Lisa, I thought there were only one flight per week on Sundays so I'll have to investigate more closely.

Nice tip about the specials this time of year, I'll have to keep an "eye out".

Quickly looked at your own pages and foud them very interesting and easy to read with some superb pictures. Agree you'll have to get some of the long hall stuff out of the way before little nippers are on the scene.

Best of Luck :-)

Rob

RE: RE: Cheap Flight and Room/Apartment

by LisaMJ

No probs! They've only just started going twice a week soit's quite a new service....saw it in a travel magazine.

Thanks for your comments about my pages..... one tries ;-)

Lisa x

Travel Tips for Providenciales Island

Romantic Turn Down Service

by cjg1

After our beachside wedding ceremony and dinner we returned to our room to a wonderful surprise. There was a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket with two glasses along with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. The bed was turned down with a sprinkling of yellow and red rose petals on the bed.

We popped open the champagne and enjoyed sipping some while enjoying the delicious chocolate dipped strawberrries. It was a wonderful touch to end the evening.

We found out later that this was pat of our Weding Moon package with the resort. I was glad we didn't know ahead of time since it added to the fun.

Packing for Paradise

by cjg1

We travelled heavy for this trip since we were spending two solid weels on Provo so we had a suitcase, a garment bag and a rollaboard. Plenty of lightweight clothing for the hot weather. Tee shirts, shorts, swimsuits, linen pants, linen shirts and hats. Shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, gel, body wash, contact lens solution, lotion. Digital camera, water camera and video camera Bathingsuits Sun blocka nd bug repellent

Sail Away on a Hobie Kat

by cjg1

Sailing on a Hobie Kat is a perk of staying at our resort. After a short lesson (30 minutes and it's mandatory) we were given the okay to take it out on our own. I have sailed before so this wasn't a problem for me getting the hang of it. The resort allows you to have the Hobie Kat for an hour at a time (longer if there are Kats still on the beach). They suggest you stay along the shore and within sit of the beach but several people were venturing out too far. One day we observed a hobie Kat get overturned from the person going to fast in strong winds. The rescue boat was dispatched to pick up the guests and set the boat upright. I don't think those guests will be going out on the Hobie Kat aain after that.

We had a nice day with good winds and stuck to the rules. We were fortunate to have almost three hours on the Kat since there were still several Kats on the shore.

50's Style Burger Joint

by cjg1 about Bobby D's

I was so determined that I was not going to set foot in the place when I first read it was a 1950's style burger joint. I thought to myself"it must be like that God awful Johnny Rockets Place". When we arrived at the resort our room wasn't ready yet and this was the only place open for lunch so early. We walked in and were greeted warmly by Lorna who showed us to a table immediately. Our drink orders were taken and we were given menus. The menu consisted of burgers, hot dogs, pizza, sandwiches, fries, onion rings, mac n cheese and ice cream. I decided on the Swiss burger with onions and Liz had a regular cheeseburger with fries. Our burgers were delivered about 10 minutes later by the smiling Lorna. To my surprise the burger was excellent and the fries were very good.

During our vacation we stopped here frequently for a burger, chicken sandwich, steak sandwich, fries, onion rings, ice cream and milkshakes. The milkshakes here are excellent and the chocolate chip shake is out of this world good. The staff here was always friendly, the food was very good and the service was on point. The burgers here are perfectly cooked and juicy. The fries here are excellent. The milkshakes are thick and creamy; just how they should be. The Clucker sandwich was very tasty and the steak sandwich had good meat and cheese.

Tasty Beachside Cocktails

by cjg1

Nothing says Yum more than a cold drink while sitting on the beach. The drinks here were especially good and well made. My wife made it a point to try a different cocktail everyday; some were good and some were just plain odd....Oh well it's good to try new things.

Sitting on the beach with a daiquiri, margarita or beer in hand was a nice way to relax and enjoy the day.

Comments