Grace Bay, 99999, Caribbean

More about Providenciales Island

Sweet Caribbean LobsterSweet Caribbean Lobster

Exterior of the AirportExterior of the Airport

Yum...Yum...

Playing "Leap Chris"Playing "Leap Chris"

First Time Travelor

by John_Joan

My wife and I are traveling to Costa Maya Resort in the Caicos. We have been to a number of other caribbean islands but have never been there. Anyone out there with any experience traveling to the Caicos??

We are avid water people. We snorkel and are certified divers. We enjoy traveling to the secluded and remote areas of these islands.

Any suggestions on restaurants or dive operations would be appreciated.

We would be interested in knowing if there are any locals who might take us out for a day trip in there boat vs the commercial tourist boats.

Thanks for any info you could offer.....

Re: First Time Travelor

by tcbeachlvr

Are you talking about the Turks & Caicos islands? I've traveled to Providenciales in T&C several times and have never heard of the Costa Maya Resort...sounds like it would be in Mexico. Unless its a new resort on Provo or North or South Caicos? If you are traveling to T&C and Providenciales.....try Dive Provo or Catch the Wave dive/snorkel outfits on the island.

Travel Tips for Providenciales Island

try some conch

by cherylll

Ilove seafood so I had to try the conch...it is really good comparable to gooy duc. Also I was told I couldn't bring the conch shells across the border but I managed to bring three home in my luggage the beaches, partying at Club Med and Beaches Resort (didn't stay there my friends and I were just guests for the evening)

Pack A Hat

by cjg1

A hat proved to be one of the most important items next to sunblock on this trip. HAving a hat prevented my head and ears from getting sunburned. It also gave me the needed shade on my face during the strong midday sun. I didn't pack one with me but bought one at the resort. It was the best money I ever spent on a hat.

Windsurfing and Hobie Cats

by rebaelectric

So if you're not staying at a big resort with their own equipt there is only one place to rent windsurfing boards or hobies on Grace Bay: from Mike who runs Windsurfing Provo/Abuv-it-All. He has a little kiosk on the beach at the Ocean Club East, just tell the front desk you are going to see him and they will open the gate for you.
FYI: he is not open on Tue/Wed
If you want a lesson or want to rent windsurfin gear contact him when you first get in so he will hold the gear for you.
Hobies are a super fun way to spend some time, and you will get wet but it feels great!

Tasty Pizzas and Paninni's

by cjg1 about Gordon's in the Piazza

Gordon's is a nice, casual outdoor eatery in the Italian village. The tables are half under a canopied rotunda and the other tables line the perimeter. Liz and I liked coming here for a pizza lunch or for a snack if we were in this particular section of the resort. Gordon's had a little bit of everything when it came to food: pizza, paninis, salad, burgers and hot dogs. The service here is definitely on "island time" but they were very nice and friendly.

I enjoyed sitting at the outdoor tables and enjoying some tasty. I liked that this place was out of the way and not very busy. The Hawaiian Pizza was very good as well as the Margarita and pepperoni.

Treasure Beach

by cjg1

Treasure Beach was a section of beach where the island vendors would sell their good and where the weekly beach party took place. The beach was a small section and very crowded with vendors and families. We only walked this beach during the late afternoon and when we wanted to shop for souvenirs.

Comments