Caribbean

Booking.com Orbitz.com clubmed.us

• Time too make changes

We were greeted with cool towels and hot instant lemonade in dirty scratched plastic glasses. This was not a good impression.
    The place needs to be cleaner. The food handling practices are very bad. Placing food in the heat with flies all over it. Even Placing desserts and other food outside at night
    that should be inside to be cooler. The accommodations were horrible. We had to beg for a second wash cloth every day. Small Bugs crawling all over the desk. The same bugs were in the dinning area near the food counters.
    I wake up to find many mosquitoes in the toilet water. and on the floor of the bathroom. Room Service did not change bed linens unless you stripped the bed. Slept on the same sheets four days straight. The drapes were dirty.
    The shower had mold. The room needed a touch up paint job. Also, you need pest control or to have the doors have a tighter fit on the bottom. There was a six inch bug we had to dispose of. Also, to mention the dead bug in the envelope with the room keys. The dead bug is still in the envelope because no one noticed when we turned them in. Please note we did visit another all inclusive resort while we were there that had a similar price and it was so clean and they practiced proper food distribution. I think you need to get out and visit your competition and make drastic improvements. The cabanas around the pool were dirty. Would recommend fabric for the cabanas that can we wiped or washed daily.

Unique Quality: I am not satisfied based on my experience at Turkoise in Turks and Caicos. How can I get my membership refunded for the two of us.

Directions: The food handling practices are very bad. Placing food in the heat with flies all over it.

• Nicckie's Profile Photo

So worth it - Club Med All Inclusive

I got a great deal on this all-inclusive resort. 7 nights for the price of 3 - including all food & beverages, activities like sailing, snorkeling, trapeze (my favorite) and more! Activities like scuba diving and horse back riding are extra, which is typical, but the water is so clear and shallow and amazing, I ended up out on a snorkel cruise and we could see the scuba divers in the water just a few hundred feet away from us!

The food is great - lots of options for everyone and they create a new theme for each night of the week, so there's a ton of variety! The rooms are basic - you're not going to get 4 star luxury from most basic rooms (I think you can upgrade), but I wasn't spending time in the room anyway. There's so much to do, it would be a waste to be inside. Plus, if you want a nap, jump on one of the many hammocks nestled throughout the property.

I met some of the coolest people on this trip and we still keep in touch! This adult only resort is a great getaway for food, fun and sun :-) To really enjoy yourself on this trip, I highly recommend understanding the Club Med culture! They change the time on the island to get an extra hour of sun, there are goofy, group activities going on all day long, and while you don't have to participate, its all part of the experience. If you're looking for uber high end pampering, this may not be for you...if you're looking for fun and meeting people from all over the world and outdoor action adventure sports, dive right in! Enjoy!

Unique Quality: The trapeze - if you have a sense of adventure, check this out!! Not only will the team get you swinging in the air, after just a couple practices, they can get also have you fly and get caught by a partner. If you're really good, they'll ask you to be part of one of the nightly enterntainment shows, so you can strut your stuff for all the guests!

Directions: Providenciales Island - about 20 minutes from Provo airport

• islandjim's Profile Photo

Club Med Excitement

Club Med Turquoise is a high energy adult resort. There are no children running around or screaming during dinner. The water sports are great. You can take a Hobe Cat out and scoot around on Grace Bay, you can take the morning or afternoon boat out for diving, learn to fly on the trapeze, or you can sit around the pool or beach and catch some rays. There is always something going on and at night, there isn't a more hopping place on the island. The foam party is fantastic! The food and drinks are flowing all day.

Unique Quality: The beach here on Grace Bay has to be the prettiest beach in the world. There are always large starfish a few feet from shore. You might even get lucky and have JoJo the Atlantic Dolphin swim right up to you. It may scare you a little, but he is harmless. There is great wall diving as well as great reef diving with swim throughs tucked away here and there.

Directions: 15 minutes from the airport

More about Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos

Provo's Hottest Resort

by islandjim about Club Med Turkoise

Club Med is the highest activity resort on the island. You don't have to do anything, or you can do everything. The food is average with buffet servings at every meal. This allows you to taste many of the items being offered. The resort was recently renovated and the rooms are clean and updated with new furniture. Now that Club Med has gone the route of totally all in clusive, which finally includes your liquor, there is little need to have and cash on you. The resort is huge and is located on the eastern shore of Grace Bay. The beach is fantastic with fine sand and warm clear water. The center of the resort is the pool, main restaurant, main bar, and boutique. This is where most people can be found. The pool is good size and has a volley ball pool along side of the regular pool. The Club is always changing the decor around the pool and now has large lounges to lay on with cloth sun covers. The views of the beach are great wherever you look and the location on Grace Bay keeps you out of the congestion in the center of Grace Bay beach. Offered is some of the best wall diving available and not uncommon to see some large sharks and turtles.

We recommend this resort to everyone and will be enjoying it ourselves for years to come.

Adults Only.... and Very Cool

by seamank77 about Club Med Turqoise

One of the best vacations I've ever been on!! Like a summer camp for adults!!!!! GO, GO, GO!!! Everything. Food!! People!!! Staff!! Entertainment!!! Rooms!!! Beaches!!! Water!!! Drinks!!! Sports!!!!

Grace Beach Delight

by kucha about Ocan Club Resort

Ocean Club and Ocean Club West are two locations of the same resort on Grace Bay Beach.

Ocean Club West is newer and slightly nicer, but the difference is not huge.

The rooms are very nice and clean, each enjoying a good ocean breeze. Try for a room on the third floor, since these rooms have a vaulted ceiling and feel more spacious.

The grounds are immaculate and filled with mature flowering platns and bushes. The pools are very clean and -- the highlight of the property -- the beach -- is breathtaking!!!

Don't go, however, expecting a modern luxury resort (like the nearby Sands or Palms). This is a good chioce for those wanting to spend a little less, yet not feel like they are staying in a dump. In other words, this is a four star, not a five star, property. Clean, pretty, but definitely not luxurious. The hotel features the best beach in the Caribbean, as well as a Provo Turtle Divers store right on the premises -- which is good for divers, since they are probably the best dive operators on the island.

The hotel offers access to the Diner's Express each night, which is a discounted van driving guests to and from various restaurants along the strip.

Finally, the hotel is next door to the Club Med property on Turks and Caicos. While this Club Med is in SERIOUS need of an updating or even a tear-down, the advantage is that you can, if you are looking for ways to fill a non-diving day, pay for a day pass at Club Med and enjoy an all inclusive day of food, drinks and sports activities that would not otherwise be offered at your typical resort.

The best beach and most fun ever!!

I still can't believe how much fun we had at Club Med Turkoise. The beach and the crystal-clear-Caribbean water will melt your eyes, it is so beautiful! The sports were amazing, I flew on a trapeze about 30 feet up in the air (it was scary, but so exhilarating). I'm not the adventurous type, but Club Med brought out an energy that I never thought I could have. We didn't have to bring out our wallets for anything, everything was included. We actually even saved 10% off our vacation by booking through bayclubtravel. I rate Club Med Turkoise as one of the all time favorite weeks of my life. I'm going back next year, which is against my rule of never going to the same spot for vacation twice...But are there really any rules when it come to holidays??P.S. If you snorkel or SCUBA this is your place!

the BEST ever!!!!

I went to Club Med Turkoise in Turks & Caicos and I had the time of my life! Well...Club Med should say it all but if you put in it a place like Turks....WOW!!! Party people beware! The beaches and the water are to die for! Not to mention the beautiful people with barley anythng on (men as well as women) some baring it all! Entertainment at its best, food that just does not stop and the free bar...um...yeah. I recommend taking the tour of the surrounding islands...just more partying out on the ocean in pure heaven! I never left the Club Med compound except by boat to go to a new party location...the water is the clearest and warmest I have ever been in. Cant wait to go back!! Club Med is the way to go !!!! Go there....NOW!!!

Good, with an asterisk

Went to Club Med Turkoise with two friends, one a doctor, the other a banker. Everything was excellent--the food, the weather, the facilities...we really enjoyed our stay. However, as an American male, it became apparent early on that we were at a palpable disadvantage in comparison with our European counterparts. It seems that if you are an American, it is a waste of time and breath to approach French-speaking women (two-thirds of the female guests). Openly referred to as "cowboys" or lumped together as New York caricatures, it was apparent that we were the subject of derision and at times outright disdain.
Nevertheless, the other Americans were friendly, which made for a pleasant if not altogether uneventful experience. The Club's new all-inclusive alcohol was misleading, as it was suspected by many that the drinks were either watered down with ice, water or both.

Year's worth of activities in one week!

One day since coming back from my week-long stay at Club Med Turkoise, and already I'm having withdrawals. The place really grows on you. You get used to it, you know? Club Med vacations are famous for their activities as well as the way the Resorts present themselves as a whole, and Turkoise was no exception. If you're into scuba diving, I've heard only positive remarks from people. Personally, I don't get to travel that much so my intentions was only to get my "feet wet", so I took snorkeling lessons and they immediately signed me up for a trip out into the ocean. Snorkeling is perfect for people who A) don't have their Scuba license already and B) have no intentions of paying the extra cost (over $100) for the equipment and to get certified. I saw plenty of tropical fish just by looking down from the surface of the water, including a huge Manta Ray. There's plenty of other activities too. Every day there's water polo, water vollyball, beach vollyball, land sports like softball, tennis, and soccer, and you can even go sailing on your own catamaran! The only problem I had with the food was during my first few days, but I came to the conclusion it was only my own reaction to adjusting to the heat down there. Each night was a different theme, my favorites were Middle Eastern, Italian, and American. It's easy to meet people from all over the world while you're sitting down for a meal. While I was there, I met many people from Canada (primarily from Montreal and Toronto). I went alone on the trip, so they I was randomly placed with another solo traveller in a room. He was from Australia, and we got along fine. The night entertainment and club was great. If dancing's not your thing, you can always sit back on a chair by the pool and have a few drinks while listening to the music.
My favorite shows were the "Red Room" and the comedy Tennis show. The GOs were ok, but for a single guy you might be up for some stiff competition. One thing I noticed was that while the male GOs seemed to go out of there way to make sure the female visitors (of any age) were having a good time and enjoying their stay, the female GOs were kindof uptight and you'd rarely see them within more than 10 feet from a male counterpart. I guess that might be one of the reasons that the village is known to be popular in attracting women - but then again, the more women, the better, am I right?! I probably don't need to say anything about the beach. If anyone could find a single complaint about the beach, then he or she just doesn't know beaches. Yeah, if it's crowded you might have a hard time getting a lounge chair by an umbrella; but you can't tell me there's any beach resort in the world that has an umbrella for even half of its visitors. Overall, I'd recommend Club Med Turkoise to anyone (adults), although the night life kinda gears towards the younger (20-35) crowd. Just some advice for the single guys out there looking to get "lucky": Be aggressive! The male GOs are on the prowl, and I kinda learned the hard way that if you don't seize the moment with a girl you've fallen for, she could very well wind up dancing late into the night with a male GO.

Turks & Caicos - Club Med

by CNKRAS

"Great Place"

I've been to Turks a number of times - always staying at Club Med - and it's always been a blast. If you like white (WHITE) beaches, beautiful water, and diving....this is the place for you. If you're looking for culture, you best look else where.

questions about club med

by Richntracy

My boyriend and I were looking to stay at club med (all-inclusive), however we were wondering if that includes gratuities and other things such as recreational sports. Also, it appears to be limited to soft drinks, beer, and wine only during meal times and then after that it includes only "one" cocktail each day? Furthermore, do you only have the choice of two activities for your stay? If anyone can clarify these questions, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Tracy & Rich

RE: questions about club med

by islandjim

A very good choice if I may say so. Your worries are over. Yes gratuities are included. However, if you want to get your floor washed with bleach or special cleaning done in your room, take care of the maid the first weekday of your trip. They usually use different maids on the weekends. To get special attention at the bar when you walk up, it isn't a bad idea to slip the bar tender something. They can get in trouble for taking tips, so be very discrete. There are many sports included. Sailing, Kayaking, basketball, volleyball in the pool, trapeze, snorkeling, and on and on. Scuba has additional charges. At meals there is a world of things to eat, both american and european. You can have beer or wine with your meal, or bring in a drink from the bar. You can drink (cocktails)as much as you want, it is allinclusive. You can do as much as you want or as little as you want, it's your vacation.
I frequent this club and am headed back for two weeks in early september. If you need more info, drop me some mail with your questions. You'll love it!
Jim
islandjim@bahamail.com

RE: questions about club med

by Saltcay

Yep you perception is just about right. You are proably better off trying Beaches the number all inclusive. When they say all inclusive they mean it.

Good site to check out www.tcimall.tc

Osca