4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

More about Gansevoort Turks + Caicos

The Perfect Caribbean Retreat

by TripAdvisor Member DiscerningTraveler_9

Gansevoort Turks & Caicos

After both reading and hearing rave reviews of the brand new Gansevoort Turks & Caicos property, I was pleased to experience this Caribbean retreat and see for myself what all of the talk was about.

After a short fifteen-minute jaunt from the airport, I arrived to the Gansevoort Turks & Caicos and was greeted by the genuine, attentive (and impeccably dressed, I must add) Guest Services Manager Jean-Francois Tremblay and an open, airy space evoking a distinct blend of modernism, style and graciousness. Shortly after I was also warmly welcomed by General Manager Grant Friedman, who was kind and immediately made me feel at home. The view of the ocean when you first step onto the property (and can be seen from the pool and almost everywhere you go within the resort) is breathtaking. Not only did I feel like I was a million miles away from Los Angeles, I felt an immediate rush of excitement, tranquility and warmth.

Everything about the Gansevoort was chic, sophisticated and state-of-the-art. From the stunning lobby entrance to the pool, Bagatelle restaurant, the sexy beach bar and of course the beach and its heavenly round chaise lounges, the property is truly an architectural gem without trying too hard. I also loved the music that echoed at the pool, by the beach and in the restaurant and actually asked a staff member if it was possible to purchase a Gansevoort CD. I definitely wanted to take this eclectic, upbeat and soothing “club-like” mix home with me. After only a few hours at the property, I knew this place would be hard to leave. Everything has its place and I truly felt welcomed to be a part of it.

I was thrilled with my room – a one bedroom suite with a full ocean view on the second floor. Modern, elegant, and spacious, I loved the décor, the furniture, and the floor plan overall. The perfect mix of whites, dark wood, granite and blues… the refreshing and vibrant feel of the property exterior flowed throughout my suite. The bedroom was separated from the great room (dining room, open kitchen and living room) with sleek frosted glass doors and offered a plush King sized bed with Frette linens that must have had a thread count of at least ten thousand. The bathroom housed a washer and dryer unit, which was convenient, and the kitchen overflowed with designer appliances including a blender, dishwasher, toaster, refrigerator and freezer, microwave and oven. Not to mention the beautiful white china, glassware, table linens stocked – one could certainly entertain here, as not a detail was missed. I do wish the fridge and pantry had been stocked with even a minimal collection of beverages and snacks for in-room lounging and munching, so I would highly recommend taking a trip to Graceway, the new grocery store located a few minutes from the property.

Now, with regard to the service... The hotel staff was delightful and attentive. From the bellman Anthony who showed me to my room to the poised, gracious and amiable Jill, the pool, beach and recreation manager, I truly felt taken care of with every request. Everyone was friendly and proactive, attending to my needs whether it was my favorite Caesar salad with grilled shrimp for lunch by the pool or a strawberry smoothie or pina colada on the beach.

Bagatelle, the French bistro-meets-the-Caribbean concept from the gifted New York based ONE Group, was stunning in its design and exceptional in its fare. No surprise there. I ate breakfast and lunch there daily and appreciated the friendly wait staff and the tasty bagels and lox. The décor of the restaurant is beautiful by day and a happening scene by night. The ambiance is relaxed, yet chic and there is a very cool and sophisticated energy in the place, especially during my Friday night dinner, when not a single table was free while I enjoyed my tuna tartare, halibut and grilled conch. The food is excellent with meticulous presentation.

Exhale Spa was delightful. Upon arrival, I was personally greeted by the lovely spa director Leigh who gave me a tour and went out of her way to ensure that I had everything I needed. Located a few short steps from the pool, the Spa offers a quiet reprieve from the sun and a wide range of exquisite, inspired treatments and therapies for mind and body. I enjoyed a Deep Tissue Aromatherapy Massage, which was phenomenal. As someone who gets regular massages, I never know what to expect, but Christine was amazing. I was truly able unwind and “heal” and I loved the therapy rooms that opened to private shower gardens. The adjacent gym also provides a range of mind & body classes offered by its counterparts LA and NY (I’m sure you’ve heard of “core fusion” classes – that is Exhale), but unfortunately I could not peel myself away from the beach to enjoy these. Next time!

I would wholeheartedly recommend Gansevoort Turks & Caicos. It is the perfect escape no matter what your age. If you have discerning taste and seek a superior Caribbean experience of fine service and pampering on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, this property is for you.

Hip. Very hip. Extremely very hip.

by TripAdvisor Member toksook

My wife and I just returned from a three night excursion at Wymara’s recently unveiled Gansevoort Turks & Caicos, a clear contender for the title of TCI’s hippest spot. Our journey began with a direct flight that departed Philly mid-morning, and arrived in Providencia, TCI in about 3 short hours. Twenty minutes later we were poolside - cocktails in hand - as the warm relaxing trade winds circulated. Our senses were further stimulated by the resort’s mellow soundtrack of ambience music, piped softly throughout the grounds and beachfront by an array of outdoor speakers. The day’s transition from the cold crowded Northeast to this ultra-luxe Caribbean destination was both surreal and heavenly.

Provo Island’s decade-long building boom has indeed resulted in some comfortable vacation properties. Sadly, however, most of these resorts are informed, from an architectural standpoint, by Disneyland. There are an abundance of low- and mid-rise expansive complexes that appear to be contrived, stretched out versions of the idealized Caribbean abode. Wymara took an entirely different approach with their property: luxurious, indeed; but instead of opting for the faux this-and-that, the aesthetics are cutting-edge modern. The exterior and interior lines of this mid-size resort are clean and minimalistic, but at the same time warm and inviting (those who have had the pleasure of staying at Manhattan’s Gansevoort Hotel have experienced this mix). At the property’s core is a “zero entry” rectilinear infinity pool, featuring teak-decked islands that serve as lounging platforms by day, and dining areas by night. As for the dining: the on-site restaurant is wonderful. Both the food and service are top-notch and worth the splurge.

We stayed in an ocean-front ground-level room, which featured a Jacuzzi tub, a separate extra large shower stall (with a rainfall shower head), a kitchenette, flat screen TV, and a huge sliding glass window that opens wide to let the outside in. Décor is sleek and minimalistic, with lots of limestone and dark finished wood. There is plenty of drawer and closet space (in case you decide to move it). The bed is very comfortable, as was the chez longue. Other rooms featured patios or balconies.

Without exception, the staff members we encountered were friendly and eager to please. Our sense was that there attitude was genuine and they weren’t just putting on a show. The employees were helpful - but they did not “hover” - and a sense of privacy abound. Our fellow guests were primarily American and French, and the bulk appeared to range in age from upper 20s to upper 50s, with thirty-somethings composing the means. Though the resort does not overtly hold itself out as “family friendly”, there were a few very-well-behaved children among the guests who, to the credit of their attentive parents, didn’t detract a bit from the chill atmosphere.

The property’s beachfront features a well-stocked boutique-style cabana bar and an attentive staff. The beach is stocked with plenty of umbrellas and seating, including several outdoor loveseats. A short walk on the sand can take you to a number of dining options at adjacent resorts (at a variety of price points). Five minutes on foot takes you to the Blight Reef, where just off the shore I did some snorkeling among sea turtles (a first for me), sting rays, and schools of colorful fish. Watch out, though, for the prickly spines of the sea urchins that line the sea floor.

Our three night stay (although shorter than we would have liked) ranks among our best island excursions to date. The price tag for the Gansevoort might be a little more than some of TCI’s more conventional accommodations, but the Gansevoort, after all, is not merely a place to stay. It is an experience unto itself.

A resort you won't forget.

by TripAdvisor Member Helvetica1

This resort has it all. The amazing and well planned architechture is gorgeous and serene. The beach and tranquil waters are perfect. It seems that we could always find a place to relax during the day. Then when we were ready to have some fun; it was easy to find a cool drink and enjoy the music and action.

The rooms are fantastic. We got a 2 bedroom unit on the corner, which was perfect for us as a family. With the full kitchen and supplies, there were many nights that we had dinner and wine on the large balcony overlooking the beach. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant 2nights and really enjoyed the food. The service was good for the Caribbean; but I hope the service level will improve to match the quality of the decor and food.

We really enjoyed the snorkeling, where every day we say something special. There are always sea turtles hanging around and a wonderful reef is just down the beach. Overall, Gracy Bay is a great beach for a family because the water is almost always very calm because of the reef that is off-shore.

Made me want to move there

by TripAdvisor Member krowenj

This was my most unforgetable trip ever I will be going back over and over again I love it here...one of the best hotels I have ever been to...fabulous rooms, food, ambience, weather...most perfect trip I have ever taken

THIS HOTEL HAS IT ALL, HIGHLY RECCOMEND

by TripAdvisor Member aactman

This hotel is perfect, it is kid friendly, the gym is great, and the rooms are incredible. The staff is very accomadating and friendly and every room has an oceanroom view. I have been to many hotels and this one really stands out. Centrally located, with an brand new park next door which is also great for the kids. The beach is the most beautiful beach in Turls and it is close to the best snorkeliung spot on the island, which is walkable, and the hotel provides the gear. THIS IS A MUST SEE!!!

wonderful quick getaway

by TripAdvisor Member sgator

if youa re looking for a direct flight from new york to a beautiful carribbean destination...the gansevoort in turks and caios is the spot. Tthe gansevoort marries three wonderful names in service...the gansevoort hotel itself, exhale spa, and bagatelle restaurant. The hotel has gorgeous rooms with unreal views of the ocean. There are terrific restaurants and golf within a short cab ride. The service was attentive and friendly. I will definitely look to head back!

Breathtaking!

by TripAdvisor Member SmartTraveller321

When you first arrive at the Gansevoort, you know you have arrived to paradise. Grace Bay Beach is probably the most amazing beach I have ever been to. Rooms are nicely decorated, and friendly staff.

The new "It" spot in Turks and Caicos

by TripAdvisor Member waterskiguy

From the moment you walk through the beautiful white lobby and come upon the awesome pool with the turquoise ocean in the bakground, you know this place is special. We stayed in a One Bedroom suite oceanfront, (actually every room in the hotel is oceanfront) Nothing has been spared in the modern, spacious rooms with every luxury amenity, from Rain Shower, to glass balconys to ultra modern kitchens. The clean lines and attention to detail rivals any hotel. The hotel is the closest to the beach of any hotel Ive seen in Turks. Our first morning coffe on the balcony a lone Dolphin swam by almost as if to welcome us. Things only got better from there. The service is personal yet not obtrusive, the rooms are very private but close to everything, including great Spa, where I was forced to have a facial, that was amazing, the well equiped gym, the awesome Yoga classes. For a hotel that has only been open for six weeks the Gansevoort has found it s groove quickly. The new Restaurant , Bagatelle it still finding its legs but already I have enjoyed some of my best meals after meny trips to the island at the Gansevoort . Have a margarita at the ocean bar/lounge , and you may never leave your comfy bar chair. We cant wait to go back in June, and we may even purchase a unit. Hurry and get there before everyone else finds out about this new IT spot.

A stress free long weekend

by TripAdvisor Member DrJeanNewJersey

Just returned from 5 nights at Gansevoort. The room was new, large and comfortable with a kitchenette and ocean view. Located in a more secluded section of Grace Bay, surrounded by low rise hotels and private homes, it offered a greater sense of privacy that other sections of this beautiful beach. Well managed by any standards, housekeeping comes twice daily and gracefully provides towels and soaps if services are declined. On windy days in April, the large pool is an equally excellent option to the beach.Parking is available (without the inconvenience of valet parking) so that we could come and go as we please. Often had breakfast at the resort but chose to eat in local restaurants as this was our first vist to this Island. Without hesitation, would return during high season.

Comments