4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 109% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• cjg1's Profile Photo

An Upscale Island Resort

The Grace Bay Club is one of many resorts situated on Grace Bay. This hotel is a favorite of some of our friends who like that the hotel is divided into an adults only section as well as a family section.

The highlights of the Resort are the Infiniti Bar, The Lounge and the delicious Anacona restaurant. The beach is beautiful and there are plenty of lounge chairs and beach beds to relax while watching the beautiful water. The pools here are also quite nice with swim up bars.

My wife and I spent a few evenings here enjoying cocktails at the Infiniti Bar, The Lounge and a meal at Anacona.

More about Grace Bay Club

Grace Bay Club is still the best

Having stayed at the GBC several times in the past, we were concerned when we saw a few negative reviews about the Grace Bay club before our trip. We were very happy to see that they were the exception to the rule. The facility is still beautiful, well-situated and appointed, with the best restaurant on the island (Anacoana). The rooms are luxurious with all the amenities. There are spa facilities on the beach and this was very popular and will continue even when the indoor facility is completed. There is a gym across the road, but they will have their own gym opened in about a month. There is construction going on all over the island but we did not find it intrusive in any way. The staff was exceedingly courteous, helpful and warm. The beach is beautiful and the staff will set up chairs, towels, umbrellas whenever you want them, bring you food and beverages as well as sorbet and fruit. There is a concierge who can arrange all activites if one wants that.

Great Time at Grace Bay Club

As the plane was landing at the Providenciales Airport, I was filled with excitement at the what the view afforded me- vast turquoise water and beaches that were absolutely stunning. My boyfriend and I were immediately picked up at the airport by Grace Bay staff members and sent to the hotel by taxi (which they paid for). Unfortunately, our first impression of the hotel was not great. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the receptionist and told to relax on a sofa with a drink until they could find our reservation. However, since most air arrivals coincide with people checking out to make their departures on those very same planes, the hotel's ability to provide a room immediately for check-in was lacking. We were asked to go to lunch until our room was ready. I was quite peeved since I will still in my winter clothing (came from NYC) and was anxious to change into a bikini and take a swim. As there was nothing else we could do, we went to lunch by the pool. I'm not sure exactly how long lunch took, but it felt like an eternity. When the other reviewers say that service is slow, they are not joking. It seemed like such an ordeal to get our order, to get the food and to get the check. It definitely took over an hour for a very simple meal of sandwiches. Luckily, the sandwiches were very good (quick warning: be prepared to spend A LOT on food wherever you go).

Finally, after all that was taken care of, we were given our room. My boyfriend was not impressed. Though the suite was very large, the interior was rather dated but still very nice. It just wasn't the luxury that we were expecting at the rates that were being charged. But it did have an absolutely beautful view from the veranda- essentially a Corona commercial. We had a welcome basket of fresh fruit as well as a bottle of champagne in the fridge (it has all the amenities of a condo including a fully stocked kitchen, not that it's that useful without a grocery store nearby). I have posted pics of this suite.

The beach is great, and rightly rated one of the best beaches in the world. The sand is fine and white. The water is completely clear and a beautiful color of aquamarine. There are hotel staff members on the beach to arrange beach lounge chairs and umbrellas, as well as to order food beachside, and set up water activities (diving, snorkeling, parasailing, banana boat, wakeboarding, sea doo excursions, water skiing). They also provide free bottles of water whenever you request them and bring around cups of sorbet(flavors change daily) once a day.

Once we took a look around the resort, we realized that there are 2 different parts of the hotel- the new and the old. Apparently, we were staying in the old part. From the outside, the buildings look the same, but the interior was vastly different. The new hotel rooms had plasma screen tv's, luxurious bathrooms with large tubs (big enough for 2!) and much more modern ammenities.

We were able to switch to the newer suites halfway through our trip. I have posted pics of this suite as well. This switch brought on a whole other set of problems. We were not told that they were doing construction on the adjacent building as well as on the unit below us. Since we moved into the new suite during the holidays, we did not hear all the noise until the day after we switched. We were woken up each subsequent morning at 7:30 am. Two hours of each morning were spent calling the reception desk to ask them to please stop: 1)the hammering; 2)the electric drilling; 3)the use of the electric saw; as well as many other sleep depriving noises. For 2 hours (7:30 am to 9:30 am) the noise did not stop despite the >10 phonecalls made to complain per morning. I only say 2 hours bc by 9:30 am, I would give up and just get out of the suite. For me, 7:30 am was just too ridiculously early to be woken up each morning at a beach resort. It made me even angrier, that the hotel was not able to stop the noise for more than 5 mins at any point in the morning. Strangely enough, the afternoons were quiet. I'm still not quite sure why so much noise had to be made in the morning and not in the afternoon. The construction noise was actually so loud that it appeared to be coming from the bathroom in our own suite, just on the other side of our headboard. Completely impossible to ignore. We endured this for 4 mornings until we left to return home. For future guests, this should not be an issue after March 2006 when the construction should be finished. I forgot to mention that we saw a mouse run across our bedroom into the bathroom. At least we only saw it once!

We had our New Year's Eve celebration dinner at the hotel restaurant, Anacoana. It's supposed to be one of the best restaurants on the island. At 250 per person excluding alcohol, we were expecting a great dinner. I don't know if we're extra picky with our food bc we're used to great restaurants in the San Francisco bay area, but the food was absolutely dismal. I couldn't even eat some of the courses. We were thoroughly disappointed. The restaurant does have great ambiance and location right off the beach if food isn't that important to you. I suggest future visitors to Parallel 23 at the Palms (excellent food and adorable resort),Magnolia and Caicos Cafe( both are slightly above average). Do NOT go to Hemingway's. Food at every restaurant costs pretty much the same: appetizers 10-20 dollars, entrees 30-50 dollars, deserts ~10 dollars. Tax is 10% and service charge is 10%.

There's no need for a rental car as the hotel pretty much provides free rides to most locations.

These are the few things that I would like to impart on future guests of Grace Bay Club:
1)Request a new suite but if it's before March, make sure it is not in Building C. However, if view is more important, get an older suite, especially building A.
2)Eat at Parallel 23. The view is not as nice as Anacoana, but the food more than makes up for it. We ate at all the recommended restaurants in Provo, and Parallel 23 is the very best.
3)Make sure you use the bug spray they provide in each room ALL DAY. There is a reason they give that to you. Some people were bitten by mosquitoes over 20 times in one night.
4)Dive with Ocean Vibes. The best dive operation in Provo.
5)If you don't like to lay around the beach or do water activities, do not go to Provo. The town is nonexistent and there's not much to do there besides hang out at the resort and water excursions.
6)Go to the spa at the Palms and not at Grace Bay Club. The Palms has a REAL spa.
7)Consider staying at the new Amanyara resort. It's brand new and the locals have told me that it's a beautful resort as well as the only resort with great service since they train their staff extensively themselves. It will not be open to the public until after spring. However, be prepared to spend ALL your time at that resort bc it's a long cab ride to any other restaurant/resort (30 mins).

Drinks at the Longest Bar in the Caribbean

by cjg1 about The Grace Bay Club: Infiniti Bar

The Infiniti Bar at the Grace Bay Club is the longest bar in the Caribbean. It stretches 90 feet from the Grace Bay Club to the beach. Liz and I have had friends staying at the Grace Bay Club who said we had to come here for drinks. The bar has also been featured in many travel shows and publications.

Twice during our honeymoon we took a nice walk down the beach to enjoy sunset at the Grace Bay Club. Our walk was an hour from our resort but we hardly noticed the time since the scenery was so beautiful.

I have to say that the bar looks more impressive on TV and in magazines than in person. In reality it is not so grand looking but it is still a must see in my opinion. The view is amazing; especially at sunset when the sky is full of color. The cocktails here a bit pricey but worth it. We had the most incredible Strawberry Daiquiris I have ever tasted. They were made with fresh strawberries and juices squeezed right in front of us. We loved the daiquiris so much we came here twice during our honeymoon just for them. Resort Casual

Relaxing by the Beautiful Beach

by cjg1 about The Lounge at The Grace Bay Club

The Lounge at the Grace Bay Club is perfect for relaxing with someone special. The Lounge has several seating areas with large couches, chairs and beach beds to relax on. The Lounge also has a fire pit with seating. The Lounge has an array of candles and lamps to illuminate the space. The Lounge has waitress service for drinks and food items. The service here is very attentive and the drinks are very tasty since they come from the Infiniti bar next door.

Our first visit here we found a large white couch to lounge and enjoy the view. The couches were very comfy and topped with pillows. The waitress come over and asked us if we wanted any drinks. Liz had her Strawberry Daiquiri but I decided to try a Margarita. The Margaritas here were good but there Daiquiri's knock them out of the water. Definitely have a Strawberry Daiquiri when you come here. Sitting back and relaxing made time seem to stand still here. We sat back and relaxed while watching the sky change colors as the sun set.

Our second night we purposely came here because there was to be a full moon. We found a nice couch right by the fire pit and ordered some of those incredible daiquiris. The sunset again was beautiful and the moon began to climb high in the sky. Sitting by the fire and gazing at the moon and stars with Liz was wonderful. It was a perfect evening lounging by the fire with my wife. Resort Casual; no wet bathingsuits.

Fantastic

Our stay at the Grace Bay Club was fantastic! The restaurant is the most romantic we have ever seen....right on the water, completely outside. The service at the hotel was great and everyone was very friendly. My fiance and I will definitely be back! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Totally relaxing

We just came back from a week at Grace Bay Club and we are just totally, totally relaxed.
We went with another couple (very old friends) so we rented a 2 bedroom suite in one of the new buildings--it was incredible!
Somone's really thought about all the details. The rooms are huge and everything from the bedding to the art work is tasteful, luxurious, and designed for the senses. Just a few examples: The bath in our section of the suite was deep and faced the ocean behind a set of discrete folding doors. I opened the doors, put some music on, and was able to take a deep soaking bath with the ocean breezes coming in off the balcony....pretty heavenly. And speaking of music--don't forget to pack your ipod. There are ipod docks in all the rooms--how cool is that! Dimmers on all the lights, 3 plasma TV's--with DVD players--fresh flower petals on the towels, a swanky little oil lamp for even more atmosphere...Awesome!!!
If you can bring yourself to leave the room, the beach is gorgeous and there are actually things to do if lying on a padded lounge chair while people bring you little sherbert cups gets to be too much (we did a little scuba diving, explored some pretty neat deserted beaches on the North end of the island and did a kayak trip with a nature guide).
Most of the time we ate out, but we cooked twice and, while we hate cooking at home, it was actually a lot of fun--and, in its own way, relaxing--to cook on vacation. The kichen had everything you could want. Believe it or not, the supermarket had everything you could want, too.
To sum it up, Turks is a great vacation spot and Grace Bay Club is (from what we could see) the most elegant, tasteful and luxurious resort there. So, if you want to relax, try it...

Shh... don't tell!

by TripAdvisor Member BrooklineMama

We traveled to the Grace Bay Club in January with our two young children (ages 2 and 4). We had researched the trip extensively on Tripadvisor, and we had originally thought that Grace Bay Club did not allow children, but in the newly opened villa portion of the resort, children are warmly welcomed. We had an unbelievable 2 bedroom villa. I have stayed in some amazing hotels, but this was probably the best suite I've ever had. Sparkling and clean with comfortable beds and LCD flat-screen TVs, a brand new kitchen and a view that was positively incredible. We didn't want to leave.

The staff was gracious, but the hotel is just getting used to dealing with families and it shows. For instance, they are very insistent that you use the hotel's transportation for meals if you're traveling to other local hotels. But each time we did that, we had to wait a long time for a ride back. When you're traveling alone, it's not really an issue, but waiting with two tired kids for 45 minutes was pure torture - and we finally ended up begging a ride from another hotel's shuttle. We really would have been happy to call a cab, but they kept saying they were on their way. I know they were trying to save us money, but I think they didn't understand the convenience factor.

On another night, we returned from dinner and ordered some desserts via room service. Three hours (and several phone calls) later, they still hadn't arrived, so we called and canceled the order. They weren't particularly apologetic at the time, but the next day the head of guest services stopped by the pool to apologize, and he dropped by our room with some fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies later in the afternoon.

To be clear, this is not a bad place. On the contrary, it was pretty amazing. The staff is still learning, but the management seems to be pretty capable. They need to iron out some of the kinks, but we will certainly go back again.

We used a babysitter referred by the hotel a couple of times during our stay, and she was very professional. My kids both liked her, and the price was fairly reasonable ($20/hour), but she was paid directly in cash. So if you're planning to use babysitting, bring along plenty of cash.

Our favorite part was the pool, which is just so well designed for travelers with young children. The first part of the pool is quite shallow (maybe 18" deep), so it's great for wading. The next part is deeper for swimming, and then on the far end, there's a swim-up bar. The bartender was so friendly, and my kids loved sitting on the underwater stools and sipping their virgin daquiries. The beach was also incredible (although the water is too choppy for toddlers), and the staff was so nice about providing plenty of sand toys, sorbet and fresh fruit.

The worst part was probably the food, which was really just OK. We got the meal plan, which was a mistake. We are vegetarian, and by the end of the first day, we'd pretty much exhausted our options. We ended up going to the IGA supermarket (surprisingly great) and stocking our kitchen, which worked out nicely.

In any case, many thanks to the staff and management for making it such a memorable experience. We can't wait to go back again.

Heaven on earth!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ChrisTravel

We just got back from what has been the best vacation ever!!! The service was incredible, the staff were very friendly and funny and the food was totally amazing!!! Carol at the front desk made us laugh all day and Chris brought us sorbet and fruit on the beach without us even asking! Nikhel the general manager was very charming and always around - I had never met such a great manager before! There is also a wonderful restaurant by the ocean - very romantic and perfect for a special night!!!! Our suite was incredible! The blue ocean right at our feet! I wish I could call this place home - but if we can't we'll be back again and again!!

A class act (and suitable for vegetarians too)

by TripAdvisor Member Cuddlydodo

Cannot understand the earlier comments on poor service. Stayed here with my partner at the end of October and they could not do enough for us. We were there when a spin off from Hurricane Wilma put out the power for the whole island, but Anacaona, the restaurant, kept serving, and the bar only closed at the very height of the storm. We are vegetarians and ate at the hotel all week, and Eric the head chef, and his deputy, Joel, went out of their way to create some fabulous meals for us, even when the power was out.

Our flight home was delayed 48 hours for mechanical reasons which meant that we phoned Grace Bay after 10pm to ask if we could come back, and they accepted us and two other couples, giving us the full drinks and fruit plate welcome at gone 11pm!

We found the place relaxed and all the staff more than courteous, but never intrusive. We wanted a week of utter relaxation, and they delivered. Would like to mention all, but special thanks are due to Nikheel, O'Brien, Carlos on the beach and Bill at the bar, and the lovely restaurant manager (whose name I'm sorry I can't remember).

PS: We weren't bothered by the construction, which is near completion, and which you could hardly hear at the beach.

any nightlife?

by lojoblais

Any nightlife and/or ops to socialize for 2 outgoing women in their 40's? Also, anything else to do besides crash on the beach?
Breezes or Club Med? Or anywhere else?
Need answers fast, want to go in August.

Thanks!

Re: any nightlife?

by filmburner

NO IDEA JUST BEEN THERE DIVING LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND

ARI

Re: any nightlife?

by LadyRVG

T&C is more of the rlaxing beach getaway to lay on the beach r engage in watersports. Places like Club Med are more for those who are single and looking for a party atmosphere. There are several resorts on Provo that have nice beach bars with plenty of social activity. One of my favorites is the Grace Bay Club. Terrific bar on the beach with wonderful and relaxing areas to chill with a cocktail. My husband and I met several people there and had a great time chatting around their fire pit. Great cocktails but pricey.

Hemmingway's BAr at the Sands Resort has a nice bar with nightly live musical entertainment.

Comments