3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Grace Bay, Caribbean
Expedia.com CheapCaribbean Travelocity

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Ocean Club West

Spent a glorious week at Ocean Club West.

Spent a glorious week at Ocean Club West. The place looked as if it had been painted yesterday. The rooms were clean and well kept. The screened in balcony provided enough cool breezes that, as an air conditioning freak, I found to be comfortable. The service was exceptional and always with a smile The grounds were manicured to perfection. The beach and pool areas were beautifully kept: with ample towels. The Seaside Cafe provide an excellent selection and quality of food at Caribbean prices. Those that complain about food prices must remember that most of the food must be imported and priced accordingly.
Will definitely stay here again. Totally relaxing. Looking for super action, go elsewhere.

Great for Couples/Families/Friends

by ClareBear about Ocean Club West

Our room was fantastic, a view of the ocean and over the pool area. The room had a kitchenette with EVERYTHING in it - never did I think - oh I wish i'd have brought .........

It was cleaned from top to bottom everyday and the cleaners were great. They even found my diamond earring that I had given up as lost (a present from my husband on our wedding day - she caught me crying and said she would find it no matter what!).

The pool area was great, they provide the towels for the beach and the pool. THe pool was cleaned regularly and there was never a fight for towels or sunbeds.

The beach - oh that beautiful beach! Once again - never any fighting for sunbeds. Generally quite quiet.

The Seaside Cafe - great food in the evening, the staff are excellent. Food in the day medicore rather than good, but who wants to eat gorment in a bikini!

Reception - very helpful (bar one miserable young girl) would sort out your taxis, change you room, give you advice and tips on restarunts etc.

Gym - did not have a work out but it looked good.

Beauty Salon - had fabulous massage - highly recommended.

If you stay here you also are a guest at Ocean Club West the sister resort about a mile up the road, they have a complimentary shuttle service. It's worth visiting because OC (east) at the last resort (at the moment) on that end of the island, so there is some exploring to be done at that end, and if like us, you miss the bus and cannot be bothered waiting, and begin to walk and think why did I do that - the shuttle bus will stop and pick you up (only if he recognises you!!)

I loved it here and if I go back I will defo stay again!

Ocean Club Beach Resort

If you are looking for a piece of paradise, Ocean Club West is for you. We just returned from a 4 night 5 day package at it was all it promised it would be. The meal package was included and the food was fantastic, service was great and the beach was the best one on the Provo Islands. Not a lot of children, which was what we were looking for, and not a lot of partyers either, just a romantic getaway for 2! I wish the airfare was a bit less but it was all worth it, Oh by the way the Conch farm is just a fish hatchery, so unless you want to be hung up on a tour, I would suggest passing on that. Otherwise a little piece of heaven

My Best Vacation Yet...

I had initially booked my vaction at Ocean Club West, as I thought that newer meant better. I was mistaken. Ocean Club West is beautiful, but the construction is a horror. I would not suggest booking a trip there until it is complete. The room (Studio Suite) they tried to put us in at Ocean Club West faced the construction site, but in all honesty there is really no way around it. The staff was very accommodating to my unhappiness and while there were no other rooms available at OCW, they transfered us to OC and gave us an upgrade to a Junior Suite with an Ocean view. HEAVEN! The room was so spacious. All rooms have a screened in balcony that is fantastic. I have to say that the hotel, as a whole is just amazing. Note: If you are a traveller that likes room service and staying in full-service hotels like the Mariott, etc., then this might not be for you. There is no mini-bar or room service. Rooms have kitchens and you are encouraged to go to the IGA and get groceries, etc. We did not, as when we are on vacation we splurge and eat out all the time, but those we spoke to who did go to the IGA said it was nicer than supermarkets at home. We got water, beer/champagne and snacks from the Sandcastle convenience store on the property, which worked for us. The rooms are like apartments, which we loved, having a separate bedroom and den (tv's in both rooms with all the channels you can imagine). The furniture is island-themed and very nice. We ate at the Cabana Bar for breakfast and lunch. Service is slow, but so pleasant. You're on vacation, so enjoy the slow pace! Food there is excellent and they give you generous portions, especially the salads. Happy hour starts at 4pm with half-price drinks and around 5pm they put out fresh, homemade salsa and chips. So great. The beach is beautiful and there really is no fighting for lounge chairs. Go a little earlier if you want to get closer to the water, but you'll always get a spot regardless. At the dive shop you can rent snorkel equiptment for only $10 for 24 hours. This was great for me b/c it occupied my boyfriend who cannot sit on the beach all day, while I am perfectly content there from 9-5! As for eating, Hemmingways at the Sands is unbelieveable. We ate there twice. Just the perfect vacation restaurant. When making reservations, ask for the deck. We went to Magnolia on Valentine's Day, which was amazing too. I definitely suggest that for a romantic dinner. We also did Wednesday night at Tiki Hut for the $10 chicken and ribs, which was fun and yummy. DO NOT eat at Calico Jacks. The whole experience was a nightmare from the food to the service. Friday night they have an island band if you want to go for drinks, but do not even attempt the food. Awful. Do check out J&B Tours for something fun to do. We did the Native Cruise, which was snorkeling at an amazing reef, then going to another spot to dive for conch. Then they take you to this private beach and the captain carves up the conch and makes a conch salad, which you have for lunch and he brings a cooler with beers and rum punch. So fun and so worth it. The groups are small too, which is great. The islanders are so nice and this place really is paridise. Very laid back, and so, so relaxing. I've been to Aruba, Bahamas, Mexico, etc, but this is the best by far. I'll definitely be back...

Relax and Enjoy the Beauty of Turks and Caicos

by TripAdvisor Member TnTWalter

If you're looking to relax and get away from it all, then welcome to Turks and Caicos Islands. Breathtakingly beautiful turquoise water.
Miles and miles of soft white beach to walk. Wonderful food and drinks.
No rushing, even if you want to, strictly island time here! Once you get used to the service [or lack of], it's ok. Relax and enjoy.

And it's ok that there's not much else to do, meals can last 2-3 hours in themselves.

Don't expect any good shopping yet either. The island is working on it though. Lots of construction.

Ocean Club West. Lovely. We had a one bedroom 2nd Floor Unit was supposed to be Ocean View but they ran out of the junior suites so we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom. We did have a lovely view of the pool/courtyard. Our Bedroom had a small screen porch off of it, but it faced the road area so we did not use this porch. It had a door on the bedroom area. There was a nice kitchen area in the middle of the unit, so if you wanted to stay in for some meals, it would be quite easy. The large screened porch was off the great room area and overlooked the pool, it was wonderful. [The junior suites had the bed in the living room so people left the doors open and heard the waves at night, I think that would have been preferable but they did not have a separate bedroom or smaller porch].

The pool area was beautiful although we only sat near it for meals.
When we lounged, it was at the beach.

The beach area was lovely. Lounge chairs and umbrellas if needed.
Towels did not have to be returned to a certain spot [we left ours in the room].

The restaurant there was fine for breakfast/lunches if you didn't feel like going anywhere.

The bartender at OCE, JoMo, made a fantastic Mangorita! We walked down the beach every afternoon to have his cocktails. Their restaurant was also good.

Hemingways a mile down the other direction was wonderful. We had a lovely lunch and breakfast there.

Anaocona [at Grace Bay Club] was beautiful. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch there and watched the sunset there with drinks another evening.
Wish we had done a dinner there.

Favorite restaurant was Coco Bistro. Charming atmosphere. Food was wonderful and the service was actually good!

Other restaurants that we enjoyed were Coyabo and Grace's Cottage [chocolate soufflet fabulous]. They were both charming and of course expensive. The only restaurant we were not that impressed with was Magnolia. I was disappointed as this seemed to be the one with the best reviews online. It was a long drive and really I would have preferred to go to Anacoana or even repeat another restaurant.

I never made it to Shark Bite's or Tiki Hut for lunch. Others with us went to Shark Bite's for lunch and thought it was 'good'.

Snorkeling was 'OK'. Grand Cayman was much more beautiful snorkeling. I did not dive here but heard that was good.

We chartered a boat through Silver Deep and had a fantastic '5 hour trip' of snorkeling, and hanging out on a private island with the group and then having an AWESOME beach barbeque with fresh lobsters, conch, fruit, pasta, etc. It was wonderful!

Oh, we did a couple's rock massage the first day there. I booked it in advance online. It was at Spa Tropique right at OCW. Really wonderful experince.

We had friends visit the conch farm and they said it was a waste of time. Our boat charter took us to Iguana Island. It was entertaining [the guy was quite funny] but wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Gambling. A joke. A few in our group hit the casino at the Allegro and it was very lame. There were a total of about 12 people in there. I guess they're going to tear it down and build another. So I'm sure it will be better.

Other resorts. Walking the beach a lot let us check out the other areas. Beaches doesn't look desirable. The beach there is minimal and the solicitors are right there with them [hair braid, bracelet, etc.] It looked a little run down. Sands looked nice. It was a little more set back. That's where Hemmingways was.

Grace Bay Club [Anaocona] looks $$$ but lovely. And the restaurant was lovely. They also had a hot tub on site [wink wink].

Club Med was where the singles seemed to hang out. A little more happening but not 'lovely'.

The weather was beautiful. In the 80s, sunny, with a little breeze so you never felt 'hot'. At night, it did get chilly though. Definitely bring a couple sweaters.

5 days later I was not ready to leave.

Enjoy! And say hello to JoMo!

This Island is a must see

On oct the 8 we arrived in Prov after a short flight from Miami. The airport is small but the customs line moves fast if you have your paper work in order. All the people at the airport were helpful.... we had transfers with our resort package. We stayed on the Island 7 days total for our wedding and honneymoon. remember economy is based on tourism so tip if you can ...Ocean Club Resort (west) is lovely and well kept the rooms are clean and the kitchen has every thing you need to prepare meals (even blender for the do it your self crowd). The front desk staff Sonjia, Diana, and Siggie took care of our every need. The property is beautiful with colorful land scapes from front to back. The staff at the grill next to the pool were wonderful the chefs could really cook (conch) and the bartender was outstanding (rum punch). This the Island is paradise, turquoise water and carribean sun. It did get kinda hot; but you will manage. The local market is rather expensive by Carribean standards how ever if you made it to TCI you not a penny pincher. Make sure to sight see and eat in Blue hills thats the local section just a few minutes from down town. Got married on the Island have all your documentaion before hand signed and notarized to prevent getting coppies at 15.00 each ...the resturants are nice and the food is pretty good if you know what you are looking for ...ther are some lil tiny spots down town try to eat local the food is very good ....and tip ...place shuts down on sunday ....Ocean Club is an execellent place to relax, everyone we met were returns visitors to the resort and Island so I think we will see them again Brent & Patricia

Best Vacation Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sister and I went down in October 2003. The weather was great. I think it only rained the last day we were there. Plus as it was the off season it was not crowded at all. Everything was easily accessible to the resort. The casino was next door and there was shopping across the street and many restaurants were nearby. We also really loved the Gecko Grille located at Ocean Club. The food and staff were great. We also had some really nice shuttle drivers, who were extremely helpful. The hotel also had all kinds of water sports and activities to do. Most of the activities picked you up right on the beach. We got to go parasailing, snorkeling several times and tried beginner scuba. Again all the locals and guides were so friendly and made us feel at home. I can not think of one single bad thing to say, except that the vacation did not last long enough. I also thought the rooms were very nice too and well kept up. I am planning on going back next year. I highly recommend this hotel.

RE: Amazing beauty - poor customer service

I would highly recommend a trip to the Turks & Caicos islands if for no other reason that you get the opportunity to see some of the most amazing waters and beaches around. I will warn you that the customer service is VERY poor on the island and we found ourselves explaining why we needed towels in our room, fighting for answers to simple questions about the island, etc. I realize that T&C is not the travel destination of something like an Aruba, Jamaica, or even a Cancun but its not a cheap place to travel to so you expect better customer service for your dollar. The best customer service on the island came from the two most expensive places on the island where dinner can run in excess of $300 and rooms cost a $1000 a night. While I can't personally afford that type of luxury I expect many readers of this will be in the same boat as me and would have the very reasonable expectation that a $200 a night room would yield very good service and you should leave feeling very relaxed and at least slightly pampered. - We left relaxed but anything BUT pampered.

Beware of Construction!!

My husband and I just returned from OCW and we had to switch to OC (East) because of the mind-numbing construction noise. Directly on either side of OCW is major hotel construction which begins at 7AM and doesn't end until 6PM. Not only is it shockingly loud when inside your room, it is also unavoidable at the beach area of OCW. The place itself is very nice and the rooms are much nicer/newer than the other OC, but it's not worth it because of the terrible noise. I would only return after a year at least, after I was assured that all construction is completed.

Relaxation at a Scenic Beach / 2/29/04- 3/6/04

We started our week with a bit of clouds and wind which we thought may be normal by what we read. The local people working at the resort made us aware that this is not normal. When Tuesday came - then we knew what they meant. The wind was mild and the sky was blue. The beach and water look just like the pictures in the books. Don't worry about bringing your own beach towels or about getting a beach chair....they have plenty. There is construction on both sides of the resort but if you are an early riser..it really is no bother. We stayed in a studio and it had everything you would want and more. This resort is located within walking distance of alot of restuarants so that you have a good choice. I highly recommend that you go to Twenty-One North which is located in the PORT-Of-Call. The chef is Nejah Adams; Karioka and she went to school in Connecticut and returned home to use her talent.
Everything we ordered - from pizza to seafood was fantastic. The restuarant at the resort was also nice and we enjoyed joking and laughing with the people working there. At all the tourist locations we went to... the food and liquor is highly priced plus there is a 10% tax. If you a bringing child, pack treats for them because they are not easy to find.

Liz and I LoungingLiz and I Lounging

The BarThe Bar

Liz lounging on the edge of the poolLiz lounging on the edge of the pool

Straw HatsStraw Hats

Turks and Caicos vacations

by Love_CH

Hello

I am going to T&C with my g-friend for 1 week in April. We ll stay at the Ocean Club West. Anybody who has experienced this hotel club? Are there some authentic carrebean restaurants around? Is it worth to rent a car while on the island? Any other activity recommendations?

Thanks

Re: Turks and Caicos vacations

by Roadquill

We were on Provo 4-5 years ago. There is an island shuttle that takes you to most places. Karl

resorts and construction at OCW - turks and caicos

by sunchick

hi! im intending to visit august 2004 and wondering which reorts are good in provo. also i was wondering what Ocean Club West resort is like but have heard about the noise - does it ruin the holiday? replies would be greatly appreciated!

Re: resorts and construction at OCW - turks and caicos

by tigerinatrance1

Ask to be transferred to Ocean Club East - OCW has construction on both sides, starts at 6 am and goes until 9 pm -

OCean Club East is far better anyway - the staff is wonderful, and that stretch of beach AMAZING!

http://www.tigerinatrance.com for turks and caicos photography

weather

by dgramates

Hi-

I am considering visiting the Turks and Caicos islands in August and would like to know what to expect with the weather i.e is this the rainy season/hurricane season???

thanks!

Re: weather

by guavagirl

I stayed in Provo (on Grace Bay beach) for 7 days last August..NO humidity at all...nice breeze...sunny everyday...I still think about that place...It was so quiet and stress free...I thinking about going back again this year...but as far as the weather, there is nothing to worry about...May I recommend staying at the Ocean Club or the Ocean Club West...they are both beautiful and you can use the pools, beaches and restaurants at either resort...

Have a great time!

Re: weather

by tigerinatrance

I second the Ocean Club (rather than West) reccomendation.

Comments