Grace Bay, P.O. Box 700, Caribbean
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Point Grace

Amazingly beautiful and wonderfully relaxing!

We just spent a long weekend at Point Grace while attending a nearby wedding and can't wait to return! We stayed in one of the oceanfront suites, which my husband chose so we could walk right out to the beach. It was delightful. The hotel is much more beautiful, inside and out, than its photos and I don't think any picture could do it justice. No other resort on that beach could hold a candle to Point Grace. It's on a point in the beach so it has two exposures, and buildings and grounds are perfectly kept up. Beautiful plantings and lovely details, and there was even a big egret strolling around! The staff was unobtrusive, but unfailingly friendly, welcoming, and polite, and gave us whatever we needed when asked.

The beachfront rooms are actually condos and each has a different decor. Our suite was very clean and nicely decorated, bed was extremely comfortable, and with the kitchen, dishes, teakettle, etc. we felt right at home (albeit a much more luxurious home)! This resort is the perfect place to relax, read, and do nothing, which was exactly what we wanted. We spent most of our time relaxing on or walking the beach. The poolside lounge chairs were appealing too, but I really wanted to enjoy the ocean breeze. We had no trouble finding chairs on the beach and rarely had anyone else sitting nearby. But if you want a spot by the pool, get out there and claim it early! We liked the guy who comes around to the beach and pool with ice buckets of bottled water and fresh fruit skewers!

We enjoyed the food provided at the resort. We ordered room service from Grace's Cottage one evening and while expensive, it was excellent food and we were happy with it. We also ordered in a cheese plate, cookies, drinks, etc. to have as snacks in the kitchen--they have a "stock-your-own-minibar" type of arrangement and the prices were quite reasonable. I also enjoyed every meal we ate at the Terrace, where breakfast and lunch are served. The continental breakfast is more than sufficient, but the menu items we tried were great too. The lunchtime offerings were all delicious, nicely cooked and presented. Kensly and Leslie, our Terrace waiters, were a joy. Of the handful of restaurants we tried along Grace Bay Beach, we liked the Terrace and the Bay Bistro (at nearby Sibonne) the best, but the Terrace staff was the friendliest.

I would not recommend bringing small children here, both because they would probably enjoy busier, more family-oriented resorts more and because having a bunch of little kids around would undoubtedly disturb other guests. Hey, we left ours with their grandparents, and so can you.... The pool courtyard is a quiet zone, which leaves only the beach as a good place for kids to play. This is an excellent getaway for those celebrating a honeymoon or anniversary or who really need some downtime. There is lots of privacy, no pressure to do anything or go anywhere, and it's a perfect break from real life.

Minor quibbles:

-Though we'd booked well in advance, our suite was not quite ready when we arrived after 3pm. Though everyone was very nice about it and they did let us in to start unpacking, we had to wait 20 minutes until the staff was finished before we could really settle in and enjoy it. They were very thorough for the most part, however!!

-Housekeeping was a little inconsistent; though we were drowning in towels, we were running out of shampoo, toilet paper, etc. The lack of stock was perhaps because of the rush when we arrived. Housekeeping did not show up all day on our third day until I walked over to the front desk around 2pm to ask for more supplies and casually mentioned that the room had not been made up. They arrived in a flash!

Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves, recommend it highly, and can't wait to go back!

The beach is nice and so is the Grace Restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member ChicagoTravel

I have a neutral review. Guests and some staff were not friendly at all. Pete at poolside was the friendlist staff but the bartender was aloof and I would stand at the bar waiting on her instead of her waiting on me. At this price point that is beyond belief. You want your nicest person working at the bar. One night she just left and turned the lights off with out a word with 6 guests sitting in the dark! The transfer in the taxi to the airport was a lady driver who said nothing to us the whole ride, did not help with our bags but at the airport she got out and stood waiting for a tip!
5 star service, not at the pool bar my friends....Overrated and not worth the cost but the beach and food is great and Pete and the other staff shine while the lack of consistency is not up to what a 5 star property should be. Just thought I'd let you know...

paradise at point grace

my husband and i just returned from a weeks vacation at point grace,the accomidations were superb, we stayed in an upper floor cottage suite and we felt that we were truly in paradise. we especially enjoyed our terrace which was huge. we were nervous about the service based on previous reviews and were pleasantly surprised. the staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to take care of all our needs. the beach is georgus and the pool area is a tranquil retreat. we would not bring our children here simply because we appreciated the quiet. there were some children and their parents spent most of the time with them on the beach. grace's cottage was lovely and delicious, we also recomend coyaba and bay bistro.

Beautiful rooms and grounds at Point Grace

by TripAdvisor Member Cristip

We just returned from Provo and a stay at Point Grace. We stayed there the last 4 nights of an 11 day vacation. We had decided to check in a day earlier than originally planned, and that was no problem for them. We were greeted very friendly and shown immediately to our room. We had requested an upstairs cottage off the beach, and was able to get it at that time. The air conditioning felt wonderful. The room was fabulous! The furnishings were perfect examples of traditional BWI furnishings. An apartment sized kitchen was in the room with full size appliances (which we never used). The grounds were lush with green plantings all over. Many more than were on the website photos. That was a pleasant surprise. Now the downside. The hotel seems a little confused with who it wants to serve as clientel. Although the signage begs for quiet at all times, especially around the pool, several families with small children were staying there. The "quiet please" sign was ignored by hotel employees and parents. These children were in the pool (which all the rooms surround) very early every morning and in the restaurant at night. We actually moved tables in the restaurant to get a away froma couple with a toddler that wanted, and was allowed, to roam freely at all times to keep him quiet. He finally sat down when she breast fed him at the table. The hotel asks for a "conserve-preserve" policy and asks that you try and reuse bath linens and allow your bed to be remade with your one night used sheets. This is a very acceptable practice to us. However, someone should inform housekeeping of this request. Our sheets were changed almost every morning, and our bath linens were changed TWICE a day if it looked like we even touched them once. With housekeeping coming in so much for so long each day, they leave the door open while they work. So every night when we returned from dinner, and the turndown service had been provided, we had to spend an hour spotting and killing the dozen mosquitos that had entered our room. The mosquito problem is better because of the "magnets" they use, but they are still a huge problem. So the nightly bites in your room are very unwanted. We solved this problem after 2 nights by hanging the "do not disturb" sign out and rejecting the turndown service. On night 1 I asked the front desk for an extra blanket, which after four nights still hadn't shown up. Our door lock was half broken and provided a great challenge coming in. Reported, never fixed. Overall, we were very happy with our stay, but doubt when we return to the Caicos Islands, this hotel will be a returning spot.

I love Provo!!!

Point Grace hotel is definately gorgeous and well kept. I found the service people gracious and eager to please as well. For those of us to whom money isn't a concern, this resort is a beach lover's paradise. There aren't many activities like ones that you would find at a club med type place, but you could always walk right down the beach if that is what you are looking for. There are small paddle boats available as well as snorkels, and the water in Provo is absolutely amazing. There are tons of bottles of water all around and the happy hour every evening was welcomed and refreshing.
But if you're stretching to meet the price, you may find yourself a little dissapointed. There are always little things that go wrong and if you are hoping to fix them up real quick that may not happen. We met a couple who stayed poolside and I believe their door was broken the entire time and they were eaten by bugs every night. They were a little peeved that the problem was never fixed. I try to subscribe to the when in rome theory a little when I'm in the caribbean... the people are so laid back about everything so you're best bet is to just go with whatever happens. Then let the real vacation begin.
Overall I loved point grace, but I'm going back to Provo in a week and I'm actually renting a condo from someone I met on the beach last winter. If funds were unlimited i would never hesitate to go back to Point Grace, I thought everything was just perfect. But then again, we did find that condo on a more secluded strip along the same beach... I'll update you when I get back.

Best Resort on Grace Bay

by TripAdvisor Member SnowPidge

My wife and I went to Point Grace for a week in May 2005. It is the ideal location on Grace Bay for a romantic, private, getaway. Being located on the point in the middle of the "W" shaped Grace Bay beach, you do not see or feel the crowds from all the other resorts. This is the only resort with such an ideal location. Having less than 30 rooms adds to the charm and romance of Point Grace.

During the day, enjoy a book on the beach, while taking periodic breaks to wade in the 80 degree crystal-clear blue water. Or take out the complimentary catamaran (no charge) to sail around the bay and out to the reef. To snorkel, stroll a mile down Grace Bay to Coral Gardens, which is an aquatic reserve just off shore. For scuba diving, I recommend Dive Provo and dive master Julian Arias. There is a nice pool at the resort, but we never used it as the ocean was so nice. Our only minor complaint is that there is no Jacuzzi to enjoy at night.

For dining, the continental breakfast is delicious, with home made breads of all types, fresh squeezed juices and excellent service. You can also order from their menu. We had breakfast so late that we only ate lunch at the resort one day. It was expensive, service was slow and menu was limited. Sorbet is brought out to the beach each day around 3:00 PM. Each evening from 5:00 – 6:00 PM they have happy hour, which includes a limited assortment of free drinks and a variety of different appetizers each day, including conch fritters! Grace’s cottage serves phenomenal meals nestled among trees in a romantic setting. There are other nice restaurants within walking distance to explore. Hemingway’s, which is in a five minute walk along the beach, located waterside at the Sands Hotel. The Caicos café is also nearby. For a small selection of wines at prices comparable to the U.S., take advantage of the liquor store down the road.

During our stay, we checked out Grace Bay Club and The Palms. Both had a lot of construction going on around their respective complexes. Otherwise, Grace Bay Club has an awkward layout. And the Palms was a bit of contrived “scene.” The Palms’ beach in particular was crowded and offered much less privacy. We debated among these two hotels and Point Grace and can say for certain that we made the right choice.

And we haven’t even yet mentioned the aquatics director at Point Grace, Michael, who is always there for assistance, a chat or some good local insight.

Paradise like none other in the Turks

We were wisked away to Point Grace after a pickup from the airport where the front desk agent gave us a tour of the property before checking us into our Cottage Suite. I had heard that the Cottages were noisy but we did not find that to be the case at all. We loved having a garden right outside of our suite. The Cottage was beautiful and had hard wood floors in the bedroom, a kitchen with stainless steel decor, king size bed and a beautiful terrace. The bathrooms were larger than what I expected with a shower and seperate slipper claw foot tub. It was very romantic and more than ample for the 2 of us.

The grounds were beautiful with colorful flowers and palms and the beach was like none I have ever been to. It was almost like we were on our own beach since there are no resorts on either side of us. I have never seen such white sand from our pool chair and our every need was catered to. I included some pictures that we took of the flowers and the sunset.

Our family joined us where we moved to an oceanfront suite and I could not believe the space that it offered. It was perfect for my family with balconies as close to the ocean as I could imagine. I was worried about a blocked view from the 1st floor but we were assured that the views were perfect. Once we stood on the balcony were agreed that the views were endless and amazing because even the first floor is elevated from the ground.

We dined at Grace's Cottage the first few nights and then had an in room chef several nights which was a perfect touch to our special occassion. We dined at Grace's Cottage at least 5 nights out of a 10 night stay and we never had to worry about what to order because the menu had so many wonderful choices. It was such a romantic setting and we were surrounded by the most beautiful garden I have ever seen.

The spa was wonderful and so relaxing. I had my own private cabana on the beach. I was surprised to see that it was a Thalasso Spa and was able to stock up on spa products. I had the most wonderful spa package which includes a massage, facial and wrap. There were too many things to choose from so we spent every day tying something new.

The staff was so friendly. They always seemed to be smiling and welcomed you everywhere you went. They new my name and my every need and there was not anything that they were not able to assist with. I enjoyed seeing the same staff members each morning at the complimentary continental breakfast and throughout the day. They were incredibly friendly and I felt as though we were welcomed like family.

I could not imagine staying anywhere else other than Point Grace. My family insisted that I rebook for next year as rooms are hard to come by due to its popularity. I say treat yourself to Point Grace as it will leave you like it left us....coming back.

Intimate and luxurious-- away from the crowds!

by TripAdvisor Member kiddoc

My family and I stayed at Point Grace in November 2005. I highly recommend this small resort-- the main difference from other popular resorts on Provo is its size. It's an intimate resort, which may or may not be your cup of tea. We stayed at Beaches the first time we went to TCI, and while it was a perfect place to get to know Provo, we knew we wanted a nicer, smaller place for our second trip. The condos are beautiful and well appointed. The pool is small but gorgeous. The spa is unique (small huts-- they open the oceanside wall of the hut during your massage!).

We enjoyed the happy hour, with free cocktails and very nice hors d'oevres. Many of the guests became good friends and started going to dinner together. I think that's something you really find at a small place. We had our kids, who were the only ones there, but they were welcomed. (A note about the "Quiet Zone" sign by the pool: I emailed the hotel before we went b/c I was worried that this meant kids wouldn't be welcome at the pool-- but the staff told me that the sign was put up in reaction to an adult party that got too loud one night-- so no anti-kid feeling there.) Sorbet or fruit kabobs in the afternoons by the pool, icy buckets of bottled water at your poolside chaise or beach lounger-- Heaven!

Free breakfast which was above the usual continental buffet stuff. Service was unobstrusive but excellent. We had a major problem with our luggage (lost by Air Canada for the WHOLE TRIP)-- and the staff tried their darndest to help us, even after we had returned home (still without our bags). When our bags made it to Point Grace (three weeks after our return home!!) the staff took it quickly back to the airport and got it home to us, even though they could have dragged their heels given we weren't there to complain and since they already had their money.

Would recommend Point Grace and hope to return soon!

Great Family Reunion - Get Together

Dear Travel Advisor:

I wanted to share an experience with your readers at a resort in Turks and Caicos that exceeded our wildest expectations. We just had an incredible family reunion at Point Grace, everyone was happy from kids to grandparents. The setting at Point Grace is elegant and comfortable. The pool is great and we ate lunch there most days. A short walk on the boardwalk leads you to a beach with sand so white and water so blue – it was truly spectacular.

Our children could not have been more content building sand castles at the beach. I spent a lot of time at the spa with my mother while the guys golfed. Dinner at Grace’s Cottage was so good we ended up eating there most nights.

One evening, my parents watched the kids and my husband Dan and I enjoyed a private dinner on the beach - so romantic and the food was outstanding. We also loved just spending time staring at the gorgeous view. The beach front suites are perfect for families since they have a full kitchen so we could heat bottles and always have snacks on hand for the kids.

The service at this resort is outstanding – before my drink was even empty – I had a fresh one put down beside me. The staff always seemed to anticipate our needs and are genuinely friendly.

My family highly recommends this resort – in fact, Dan and I decided to renew our vows here next year for our tenth anniversary.

Dan & Terri Parsons

"Save your money"

I just returned from a four night stay at Point Grace. From the time we checked in, we had nothing but problems. We got put in the wrong room and were told that the resort was fully booked. Finally,after speaking to management, all of a sudden a room became available. As matter a fact a few rooms did. Our toilet clogged 3 times. We waited three hours one day in the room for them to fix it only to happen several times again. Our Dvd player kept going on and off and again by the time someone came to fix it, we were onto soemthing else. We ran out of detergent to do wash. Housekeeping never replaced the one small box and we waited over an hour to get more the night before we left when we had clothes to wash. The outside furniture cushions were totally filthy. They looked like they haven't been cleaned in years. There was one bartender and he was there every couple hours. Never consistent. The staff had the worst attitude I have ever seen. The only smile I received the whole time is when I signed my name to authorize that they can charge my credit card. The pool only had 12 chairs so you had to reserve one by 7:00a.m. The pool had a jacuzzi but no hot water in it. Who ever heard of that? For 1,200 per night and 20% service charge and taxes, the place is simply not worth it. Also the omlet is $17.00 and it can be eaten in 3 bites. I felt like we stayed at a really bad, outdated Holiday Inn. Upon departure, the staff was plain rude to us. It was the worst service I have ever experienced. Parrot Cay is the place to go!!!!!!

Enjoying a Margarita and a DacquiriEnjoying a Margarita and a Dacquiri

Enjoying my MargaritaEnjoying my Margarita

Floating in the poolFloating in the pool

ShortsShorts