Ports of Calls, Grace Bay Road, Caribbean
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Comfort Suites Turks & Caicos Island

Comfort Suites.....Modest lodging for those on a budget

by TripAdvisor Member angelquinn

Just spent 8 nights at CS with our family of 4. Room was basic but clean: no problem with the AC or bugs as others have reported. Pool area was acceptable, but no shade. They did vacuum it every am, but it never really looked very clean. Breakfast was truly "continental"...... croissants, coffee, tea, toast and juice. I had brought extra breakfast food for my kids, so it proved to be adequate. Front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful, made us feel very welcome and they followed through with our requests for reservations etc. Bar staff was indifferent. The bar area is a gathering place for local cab drivers from early morning on. No trouble ever getting a cab! The only unpleasant staff member we came across was our maid, who was NOT happy that we had not yet vacated our room at 10:15 am. We chose this hotel because we needed something reasonable on a VERY expensive island, and thats exactly what we got. The 3 minute walk to the beach was not a problem, though you walk through an area of heavy construction strewn with litter from the workers. We spent most of our beach time down near RWI and club med, which was quiet and no construction noise could be heard. Plenty of beach towels are available at the front desk. With so little time spent at our hotel, it served our needs. No matter where you decide to stay, everyone gets to enjoy beautiful Grace Bay....and after all, thats why we came.

Nice hotel but rudestaff!

by TripAdvisor Member marsguy

We just returned from a week's stay at the Comfort Suites. The first room we were given overlooked a nasty construction site - the whole island is under construction!! Changing rooms was not what the front desk wanted to do. So much for their Gold awards! The people at the desk couldn't be any LESS friendly! The hotel is reasonably clean and comfortable - but the walk to the beach is 5 minutes through a big beach front construction project, complete with heavy machinery, nasty sewage smells, and the sound of jackhammers which make the day at the beach quite loud! They do provide towels and they do have 3 shaded huts on the beach - not nearly enough to accommodate everyone. No one cleans the beach, its not groomed, and the workers must party there because debris and beer bottles were everywhere. Still, the beach is the most beautiful I've seen anywhere. Remarkable.

If cost is your main issue, this will work. Otherwise, I'd stay somewhere else - definitely an all inclusive. Things are so expensive! Although, the Ports of Call "shopping" area is adjacent and it has at least 3 decent restaurants -which are quite difficult to find on the island. I would recommend both Carter's Cafe and Danny Buoy's. Best we found.

No Problems at Comfort Suites

by TripAdvisor Member VacationGenie

I was nervous due to some negative posts but am pleased to announce that Comfort Suites was just fine! The continental breakfast had toast, muffins, yummy chocolate-filled croissants, coffee, tea & two types of juices. The grounds are very nicely kept. In particular, I loved the plumeria trees. Ports of Call (shopping plaza) is right there with a dive shop, souveneir shop & an internet cafe. There's also Barefoot Cafe for meals as well as Calico Jack's upstairs for entertainment. The Comfort Suites poolside bar is actually quite a happening spot as well (mainly with the locals). At first we were given a room with a faulty A/C but once we informed the front desk, they first tried to fix it & when they couldn't, we were moved to another room where the A/C worked fine. We met other travelers while staying there & they were the nicest of people. If you're just gonna buy soda - don't get it at the bar. They'll give it to you warm with a cup of ice. Use the soda machine at the end of the 1st floor, the soda comes out ice cold! There was always taxi drivers available in the lobby & the front desk provided us with with big towels (which we traded for fresh ones each day). I had a great time in Turks & Caicos & would definately stay at the Comfort Suites again!

Decent resort, but could use some major improvement..

by TripAdvisor Member asmith123

We stayed at the Comfort Suites from Oct 29 through Nov 5, 2005. The resort was landscaped very pretty and the pool area was very nice. The plumeria trees and other vegetation was very pretty. The bar area was horrible. We went to get a drink and while the sign said 4.75 per mixed drink, the bartender was very rude to us and charged us 6.00. The male bartender was rude to everyone that was not a local, the bar at the hotel seemed to be a local hangout. The front desk staff was okay, although they were not overly helpful. We asked for an iron and got it quickly. However another couple asked them for restaurant information and were told "I don't know" when they later found that the restaurants were directly next door. The cleaning staff was great, they throughly cleaned our room daily. We did tip $2-$4 a day so that may have helped. We did see 1 roach in our room and luckily that is all we saw. If we would have seen more we would have been out of there. I understand it is the tropics and difficult to keep bugs out, but roaches to me are not acceptable. Overall the resort is decent and I would rate it 2 1/2 stars. The only thing that really was a big problem was the lack of security at the hotel. Locals just roamed around the grounds and used the bar and pool at their leisure. There was also a local crazy woman that caused a lot of tourists grief. She was said to be skitzofrentic and harassed a lot of us for no apparent reason, yelling racial slurs, cussing, etc. She even hit one guy in the back of the head out of nowhere. Noone seemed to do anything about her even though she was on the hotel grounds every day. Also, 3 unruly male guests were shouting obscentities at women laying out at the pool out of their hotel room window and nothing was done about this either. Another complaint was having to enter the beach area in a construction zone. We had to walk through a flooded area with glass and mud, not safe at all. The construction workers were very obnoxious and were whistling and hooting and hollering and also flicking us off a few times, again for no apparent reason. Not a pleasant or relaxing beach experience. Nor did we feel very safe as women walking through there. I would say if you can afford it stay elsewhere. The hotel is okay, but there is much better out there. I think it will be better when the construction is done around the area and if the hotel would institute better security measures and use bug spray for the rooms. I would say they need to hire a new bartender as well.

Hotel from Hell

by TripAdvisor Member jessemil

We stayed at the Turks and Caicos "Comfort" Suites for one night , prior to going to the wonderful Beaches resort, and what a mistake that was . This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, beginning with the staff who barely acknowledged you when you checked in . The rooms were filthy and infested with ants and a half dead cockroach . Upon opening the beds to put our kids to sleep , we found that the sheets had obviously not been changed in some time, and were filled with an assortment of different hair types! When we called the front desk to send us two sets of new sheets , they arrived with one new sheet , and told us that was all they had .It then took two separate trips to the front desk before they were able to find a set of clean sheets and pillow cases for us.

The room was so filthy that we had to put on shoes to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night !

I could continue, but do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel at all costs . You would be better off sleeping on the beach . A one star rating for this hotel would be extremely generous . Avoid it.

It works

It is what it is. A lower end hotel in a thrid worls country. That being said it works. Clean basic motel 6 type place. Good price good area. Short walk to Grace Bay Beach. I do agree the desk staff sucks but once the island sinks in you really don t care because you are in Turks and Caicos and life is good. If you dive T & C rocks if you do not I could see it being a little boring. The people are great the food is spendy and not so good. Hanging out on the island is good for the sprit. If you are lucky you might catch a topless honey at the pool.

Worked well for us!

I found this Comfort Suites on-line and was happy with the price, but got worried a bit when I found a bunch of negative reviews. Fortunately, I did not have too many problems and was quite happy about my experience.

I brought 8 high school students down with me on a 5-day marine science trip, and they were all satisfied with their stay as well. True, some of the front desk staff can occasionally be a bit prickly and downright rude, and there is no excuse for that, but we found them to be overall rather helpful, especially Colleen who called several restaurants for reservations for our group of 9 people. Never had a problem with the AC malfunctioning except for a leak we discovered after it ran all night and froze up. Not a big deal. No roaches in our rooms, but we were on the second floor. The manager assured me he sprays for them twice a month, but please keep in mind you are in the tropics and roaches do exist. The pool and grounds were immaculate, the bar was NOT packed with local cabbies, and even if it was, they are all very nice and do NOT pressure you to hire them - you say "no thanks" and they're OK with that - and the breakfast was a perfect, simple start to the day. If you want something more, go pay big bucks elsewhere.

The Ports of Call were perfect for my students and me. Calico Jack's, Barefoot Cafe, Giggles Ice Cream, and the Pizza Place gave us lots of options for good meals. Lunch at the Pizza Place was the best with wonderful hand-made, custom sandwiches made by two of the nicest ladies you'll ever meet. Pricey? Yes, but cheaper than anywhere else on the island. Bambooz, Carter's, and Scoop's ice cream are only a 5 minute walk down the road, and all the shops at Ports of Call were perfect (and there's a Hertz also).

Bottom line: this is a nice, simple place for the money. By all means, go across the street, pay 4x as much per night for access to the same stretch of beach, but I think you're crazy if you do.

Nice and Relaxing Place to Stay

My family and I just recently stayed at the Comfort Suites and we had a blast. The staff was very helpful and polite. The rooms were cleaned every day and the cleaning stuff they used smelled very good. There was a lot of construction going on on your way to the beach but once you got out to the beach you forgot all about the construction. The water was so blue and beautiful. The island it self was a little expincive but it was so nice not to have to run around and do one activity after another. We just relaxed by the pool at the hotle or on the beach. The only thing that kinda bothered me is the noise level from the bar at night. But it dies down after 10 pm. If you are looking to just relax then I deffently recomend this hotel.

Terrible! Deteriorating hotel and unprofessional service!

First off, our room was not ready at check-in and I did not see any reason for this as the hotel was obviously not operating at full capacity and I would estimate it at being about 1/2 vacant. Then the bed frame collapsed while I laid motionlessly watching TV (I'm not what you'd consider a heavy man - 5'11' and 150lbs). We were moved to another room, which was infested with cockroaches! I was not expecting a 5-star luxury hotel and I am certainly not squeamish about a couple of bugs and/or spiders hanging around but there were tons of them crawling around the bathroom (they were actually living under the bath tub and crawling under the caulk that was deteriorating) and coming out of the air conditioner!!! So you'd think that the front desk would be apologetic and try to rectify the situation...well, if this were a higher category hotel they would have been! Instead the man I spoke to suggested that we call the front desk in the morning!!! I walked downstairs to speak to him directly and the man suggested that I spray the roaches with bug spray and reached for a can. I tried explaining to the gentleman that a can of bug spray just won't do, we need the Orkin man!!! The man called the manager who, after I personally got on the phone with him, promised to send somebody to fix the bed in our original room and move us back. After this whole debacle you'd think that we'd at least receive a complementary drink but the only thing that we got was another re-location at 1am! I understand that things can happen and that various inconveniences can arise. However, my reason for rating the hotel so low is because in the hospitality business hotel staff are obligated to diminish any nuisance and strive to make the clients' stay enjoyable while the staff at this hotel was unprofessional and simply apathetic to their guests' needs. So if you're thinking about going down to the beautiful Turks & Caicos islands and want to truly enjoy your vacation, spend the extra $ and go to one of the nicer hotels on Grace Bay!

Nasty, Nasty

The rooms are OK, but the A/C has governors to keep your room from getting too comfoftable.

The staff is MEAN and they will roll their eyes at you for asking questions. Very surley.

Comments