Turks & Caicos Club

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Turks & Caicos Club

Fabulous Hotel-Fabulous Beach-Fabulous Vacation

We stayed at the Turks & Caicos Club in April 2004 for our 10 year anniversary! It was so beautiful and relaxing! We were greeted with lemonade and a cold rolled washcloth when we entered the villas waiting room--there is no front desk here--you sit down and check in. The room was AWESOME. We loved the elevated bed, the enormous patio to sit or eat out at, the fully equipped kitchen--with a great blender to make our own drinks! The twice daily maid service, (though I would have preferred chocalte mints instead of the peppermints). We loved the beach, the hamock, the grounds and the pool. The living room wicker furniture wasn't that comfortable for us tall people--the backs are too short but wasn't a big deal. The restaurant, Simbas was NOT so great. They were changing over ownership for the low season I think and it was overpriced-even for Turks & Cacicos (which is expensive anyway). The continental breakfast was a joke but order breakfast from the menu and they'll dazzle you. My french toast was an artwork in every way and my husband's egg frittata was delicious and an equally beatiful dish. The chicken sandwiches from the room service menu were delightful as well. The bar was never open but we made our own drinks and brought them to the pool. It was never crowded and it felt so secluded and peaceful--of course there are only 21 suites. It isn't a place to go if you want to have a lot to do and be entertained but if you want to relax and just sun, swim, snorkel, and snuggle--this is the place. It is beautiful, peaceful and their website is everythign they say they are. The snorkeling is right off the beach and they have all the gear at the resort. My husband and I loved laying in the hammock and looking at the stars at night or falling asleep in it in the middle of the day or having a nap in the room or on the patio chairs on our patio. Hemmingways was our favorite place to eat--and they had live music the night we went too. We even walked the beach all the way back from Hemmingways (a good half hour but it was so lovely and romantic). The sunsets were nothing to write home about--very uneventful and not much color but the beach is GORGEOUS! The sand is like flour. It is so soft and white and beautiful. We had massage therapists come to the room for a couples massage TWICE! That was wonderful! We went horseback riding on the beach and we played the golf course. It was amazing--so many palm trees. It's not an easy course but fun and challenging--be prepared to have fun and not golf that well. You can rent nice clubs at the pro shop. Find a cab driver you like and try to line up rides with him/her. Don't bother renting a car--they drive on the left and the roads are terrible--though they are fixing them but who know when they'll be done. Definetly spend a little time with the "locals". We went to a church service on Easter sunday with the cab driver "The Bishop". It was fun and such a unique experience--3 hours rocking out to the Creator :). Having conch at the little shack Boogaloos was fun too! Everything is imported to the island so it's ALL expensive--I would just grocery shop at the IGA right away when you get there and have some meals and drinks in your room. The best prices on anything is the straight alcohol and liquors--beer is outrageous at $13 a six pack but whatever--enjoy--have fun--and know that the locals spend as much in groceries as they do in rent--tip them generously and make it a place we all want to come back to. We loved it! It was our favorite vacation! Our favorite place to stay-ever and YES we will defiently be back--even if it is only once every ten years since it is so expensive. Like I said, just plan for that and enjoy! It's an island with a beautiful beach and an amazing room with music, TV, fully equipped kitchen, 4 poster elevated king bed and lovely people--especially the owner--she is a dear! Have fun!

Tranquil and Beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member nycjetset

The Turks and Caicos Club was absolutely perfect for my boyfriend's 30th birthday trip. The decor was simple and inviting. The kitchen is well stocked with cooking utensils. The staff is absolutely charming and helpful. Alvado helped coordinate a surprise cake and champagne. He helped order taxi service and even fedexed items that we had left in the room in our haste to get to the airport. Normally we do not stay at hotels which allow children - however at the turks and caicos club, the atmosphere is so soothing that even the kids were quiet. We hardly noticed the presence of families. The hotel is amazing and we will try to return again soon!

Just okay

We spent the week of April 12th at the Turks and Caicos Club. The Hotel itself is a very lovely facility. Our room was spacious and the kitchen was well stocked with equipment. The gentleman at the front desk was most helpful. However for a hotel in this price range, it still needs a lot of work. The restaurant, Simba, was closed 4 of the 5 nights that we were there. THE pool bar closed at 5 p.m. despite a sign that stated that Happy hour was from 5 to 7 P.M. The service touches that one would expect when paying over $500 were simply not there. As for the island itself, we have never seen more pot holes in our lives. The Island seems to be in desperate need for an infusion of cash to build up its' infrastructure. We would not hurry back.

Not as good as you might have thought

Just got back from the Providenciales, and my advice is beware of those mouth watering reviews that propagate all over the web.Based on the internet, the only resource available except if you have already been there, I have chosen to take my Caribbean trip to the T&C and stay at the Turks and Caicos Club. The T&C Club, although a fine property cannot be ranked as a 5 star Resort. In fact, I doubt that any resort in the island may attain such standard except for Grace Bay Club and Point Grace, which I also visited, rooms included. In fact the whole island is a bit disappointing given all the publicity on the usual web sites; great beach (Grace Bay), OK we can agree but if you’ve been to St. John, Anguilla, etc… my preference goes to the latest.The island is like a big construction site. Roads are not real roads, and it makes it very uncomfortable to travel around, even on a JEEP. Grace Bay is OK, but provided you have at least 4 or 5 other nice beaches in the island, maybe you would like to go and visit them. You are instantly discouraged by all the holes and bumps you have to go through, not to mention the fact that only if you are very lucky you will ever get there (I did not see a single road sign giving you any directions). Grace Bay landscape is purely being racked by a lot of condos being built. I’m sure when they are finished the situation will improve but… they will bring even more people to the island, more boats pushing banana boats arround the bay, more traffic, etc… that is, all those things you would not expect on a so called paradise island.T&C Club is nice as I mentioned before but: Service is very discrete, even too much discrete. Pick up at the airport does not exist. On arrival we found that SIMBA (yes, after King Lion) was close for Dinner (the chef left) and was changing management. Simba which also served as a pool bar was sometimes open (when the manager was not walking her dog on the beach. The pool (oversized, I’ve seen somewhere) is very small set between the Ocean Front Villa and the main building. Not nice whatsoever. The suite bathroom is small and plain. Big kitchen though, very important if you plan to spend you holiday in the kitchen. Though there were some toys on the beach (namely a Hobie Cat) I never saw no one caring for it, or someone who could set it up if you wanted. A last word for the staff (and management) who was EXTREMELLY helpful and correct t all times. Given all this calling it a 5 star resort is NOT correct. Although prices are in fact 5 stars, here and all over the island. We changed to Villa Renaissance (also not a 5 star), but with 5 star rates and prices. Better pool, better bathrooms, but no restaurant, no bar after 8 PM, hard to get beach towels, etc, etc…Restaurants: If you are looking for high quality restaurants and can afford stay within ANACAONA, GRACE COTTAGE for the settings, general ambiance and food; also BACI by the marina had very nice food but a not so nice setting. Avoid Bela Luna (I would anyway).I do not think I will be back, either to the T&C Club or the Providenciales. I will save my space in the island to all those PROVO fans. Let them enjoy.

The beach is amazing!!!

We just got back from a 4 night stay at the T&C Club. The hotel was nice, but not what I expected for the money. I have to say I am disappointed. You are basically paying for privacy & location when you stay at this hotel. The beach that the resort is on, Grace Bay Beach, is amazing! It is probably the nicest beach we have ever visited. The snorkeling at the reef was incredible and just a short walk from the hotel! I do not feel like we received the service we paid for. Example, there was no mention of the complimentary continental breakfast when we checked in. We happend to read about it & went to the hotel restaurant, Simba, our first morning to eat. We asked about the comp. continental breakfast & the waitress made us feel as if we were cheap in asking for it. For $525.00+ a night, there should have been a comp. buffet breakfast for all guests at the resort. After making us feel embarassed for asking, she then brought out a small dish of fruit, a piece of toast & 2 small croissants for the two of us to share. Needless to say, we never went back to the restaurant for any meals! My husband & I were very irritated by her behavior & comments. We have stayed at other resorts that actually cost about the same or less and have received much better service. We found that there were no special "added touches" at this resort that we thought there might be for the price we paid. Again, you are paying for privacy & the location. The bar at the pool was always closed, so no tropical drinks while sitting by the pool during the day. We stayed at Elbow Beach in Bermuda a few months ago & the service & "added touches" were definitely there. Bottled water on our nightstands every night & chocolates on our pillows, and one of the largest buffet breakfasts every morning - complimentary. Despite my review so far, we enjoyed our stay as far as the view from the room & the beach. We enjoyed walking down to a local resort called "The Sands" and had dinner at Hemingways - lots of fun. "The Sands" resort was by no means elegant or a 5 star hotel, but the service seemed much better and was less than half the price! Overall, the T&C Club was pretty and the location is perfect, but not what I expected for the money. I will stay somewhere else next time.

enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member chip_neely

My wife and I recently stayed 4 nights on Provo at the T&C Club. If you are looking for a quiet romantic private get-away, this is the place to stay, although it is our first trip to Provo and have not stayed or visited other hotels in the area. The driver picked us up on arrival - right on time. Arriving at the hotel after a long morning of travel, Alvado at the front desk welcomed us with refreshingly cold damp hand towels to wipe away the travel grime and an ice cold glass of lemonade while we checked in. Before we could even realize it, our bags were wisked away to our room...now that's service. A cold bottle of champaign on ice, fresh fruit and fresh picked flowers waited for us in the room...and each day additional fresh flowers were placed in the room. Twice daily maid service was a very nice touch. The bedroom is raised so you can wake to the beauty of the Caribbean. The kitchen is magnificent - allowing us to enjoy breakfast and lunches in our room or packed for the beach. Dinners were at Anacaona (highly recommended for the atmosphere on the beach), Coyaba at Coral Gardens (recommended) and Simba (conveniently located in the hotel). Pool-side service was magnificent all day long - the best "boat drinks" on the island, and prepared by the manager, Bernard. This place has the feel of a private club...very private and very quiet. Being separated from the rest of the resorts adds to the privacy and quiet nature of the hotel. We are looking forward to staying here again on our next visit in a year or so.

Having stayed in nice places all over the world, including some of the more famous T&C hotels, we tried the T&C club. It was excellent. It is a very small place on the very end of the Grace Bay strip. The staff was helpful and very friendly, the beach was beautiful, including some of the best snorkeling around just out your front door.

For folks who had problems with Simba's, they had been fixed when we were there. The hotel has taken over the management of the place and the food was as good and as inexpensive as any place on the island. The bar by the pool was always open.

Did These People Stay Where We Stayed? Loved it!

My husband and I spent 8 days at T&C Club for our 10th anniversary. We have two kids and have not been on an extended vacation without them since just after we were married. Perhaps that gives us some perspective. (We spent our honeymoon at St. Barth's so we know what a nice place looks like.)

This is a lovely place. Enormous rooms. Huge oceanfront balcony. Elevated bed with spectacular ocean view. Spacious kitchen. Yes, the restaurant was closed for dinner a few days while management changed (that happens) -- it just gave us an opportunity to try out other island fare. Bernard, the new manager, hit the ground running, creating culinary delights and serving pina coladas served in a carved out coconut shell by the pool. (We went every night for happy hour.)

Bathrooms are not oversized but it was unimportant to our stay. And, yes, there was no complimentary continental breakfast -- I opted instead for french toast with carmelized bananas by the pool. Live it up, you're on vacation!

It was a beautiful location, lovely and well-kept hotel where guests are left alone if that is what they want. We wanted to be left alone. When you needed assistance Alvada was extremely helpful -- from setting up multiple day trips to recommending local music spots to call us a taxi. We kayaked, snorkeled, parasailed, ate, drank, slept, went on sunset cruises and walked miles down a beautiful beach. We walked by "another hotel" with 100s of people lined up on towels like sardines -- while at our hotel we were often the only people on the beach at all.

We looked at the other hotels while we were there and only one or two were even close to T&C Club -- but without the privacy or the oceanfront views. We would return to the island and to T&C Club in a second. We did not want to leave.

We Loved This Place Too!

It's hard to believe that anyone couldn't have a nice time once they arrive. We could go on and on! First of all, the location is AMAZING. No construction and the beach was not crowded at all. The overall facility is just beautiful and looks like an Italian villa with beautiful landscaping and flowers everywhere. The staff at the Turks and Caicos Club you could tell really enjoyed working there and treated us with so much kindness and took care of anything we needed. The restaurant was very convenient and offered an array of different food (including pizza for our kids; first time we've ever had conch pizza!) At night it is a bit more formal and arranged to have a babysitter while we enjoyed a romantic dinner. The island overall is getting very built up, and it's nice to have a small hotel like this one that doesn't feel commercialized. If you like small hotels, this is a great one! Our only complaint was the airfare to the island was expensive, but this is no reflection on the hotel. They were offering a special, so we decided to just go for it and we're glad we did.

Best on the Island

The Turks and Caicos Club is without a doubt the best on the island if you are looking for gorgeous facilities, yet the intimate privacy of a small hotel.
With only 21 units, the beach is often yours and yours alone! The courtyard/pool/bar is beautifully planted with the most amazing tropical flowers.
The units are large, spacious and very "high end".
The staff is great, and we would certainly stay there any time we return to Provo!

Comments