Turtle Cove Marina, Suzie Turn Rd., Caribbean

CheapTickets.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo

Good hotel on a budget!

I chose Turtle Cove Inn mainly for the price.
    It was $79 per night plus tax, which is a bargain for Providenciales.
    It is situated in a nice location on the marina and is about a 10-15 minute ride by taxi from the airport.
    A great beach is located about a 10 minute walk away also.
    The rooms are worn but clean.
    The staff is excellent!
    There are a few trendy restaurants within 2 minutes walk from the hotel.
    There is a little mini-mart on the grounds.
    The hotel has free wireless internet that was very fast.
    I would stay here again.

Unique Quality: Close to the beach and good restaurants.

Directions: About a 15-20 minute taxi ride from the airport.

More about Providenciales Island

Provo and North Caicos from the airProvo and North Caicos from the air

Protect Your SkinProtect Your Skin

Enjoying the sunset our first nightEnjoying the sunset our first night

Swimming away...Swimming away...

Travel Tips for Providenciales Island

Romantic Nights

by cjg1

Liz and I enjoyed walking the beach after dinner each night. Our resort had several cabanas and cozy huts to lounge on cushions and enjoy the evening. We had our favorite spot with a round cushioned couch overlooking the beach. It was a relaxing and romantic way to spend the evening while listening to the waves crash on the beach.

Snorkel

by cjg1

Snorkeling was a free activity at our resort. Snorkel equipment was kept at the Water Sports Desk. We were able to give our room number and sign out the equipment. Snorkel areas were designated by red buoys in the water. There were both man made and natural reefs. Our first day of snorkeling we didn't see much in the water. A few small silver fish drifted by. Our second day snorkeling had a larger variety of fish and sandollars. It was a fun experiebce and Liz's first time snorkeling.

Turkey in Paradise?!

by cjg1

Liz and I nver spend American Thanksgiving in the United States. During our Honeymoon was the holiday and we thought we were "safe" from Thanksgiving until we saw a Turkey roaming the resort. When I say Turkey I mean a woman dressed in a Turkey costume. Apparently due to the high volume of American guests at the resort; the resort has full on Thanksgiving celebrations with the works (dinners, decorations and football). As we were getting out of the lazy river we encountered the "Turkey". We posed for a pic with the bird and felt weird that we did so in our swimsuits.... Oh well better to be warm on Thanksgiving than back at home in NY and cold.

We managed to avoid the typical American Thanksgiving fare(I'm not a fan of Turkey and Liz doesn't eat poultry) and eat some tasty Caribbean Lobster and Ostrich Steaks for Diner. I did break down and have Pumpkin Pie for dessert. It was't the typical pumpkin pie and it was very good.

Tasty Pub Food

by cjg1 about Cricketer's

Cricketer's was the resort's Irish/English style pub. As the name suggested the decor had many Cricket themed accents and souvenirs. The bar area was large with plenty of bar seats and tables. The restaurant had plenty of tables and booth areas if a meal was what you desired. On one side of the bar behind two doors was the smoker's lounge and pool tables (three in total).

There is a nice pub menu with typical pub grub appetizers, meals and desserts. Just about any drink you want is available from beer, frozen drinks, wine and champagne. There are several TV's in the place that always had a sporting event on: football, soccer, rugby, basketball and cricket.

Cricketer's was our place to grab a good lunch or a snack during the day. The food here is excellent and the desserts are very good. Patrick our favorite bartender makes the most incredible Margarita ever! We loved coming her for the good food, friendly service and good times. The shepherds pie, chicken pot pie and curry chicken were my favorite dishes here. I liked their shrimp cocktail appetizer but the appetizer called the Bouncer was hands down my favorite . The Bouncer were thick cut potato wedges that were fried. They were topped with chunky bleu cheese dressing. Oh my God they were so good!

The desserts here were delicious especially the apple crumble and the English Cream. The Apple Crumble was sort of an Apple Crisp and very sweet. The English Cream was an English style creme brulee with a gingerbread cookie on the side. It was one of my favorite desserts at the resort.

Take a Dip in the Trevi Pool

by cjg1

The Trevi pool was the only heated pool in the resort as well as being the largest. The pool was a zero entry pool with a large hot tub at one end as well as a separate kiddie pool. The pool par and tower were at one end of the pol closest to the beach. The pool had several dolphin fountains surrounding the pool as well as Italian statues. The area surrounding the pool had plenty of lounge chairs and cabanas to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather.

I enjoyed the heated pool especially at night. The pool was the busiest one in the resort but it never seems crowded or overwhelming to me. There was always plenty of chairs to lounge on and the pool bar service was excellent. It was fun to swim in the pool, enjoy a drink or just lounge.

Comments