U. S. Virgin Islands Hotels

Our Members Say

• Ky_Happy_Dad profile photo Ky_Happy_Dad
  • Reviews: 215

St. John Island has...

St. John Island has accomodations ranging from the expensive resort at Caneel Bay to lower priced rooms. However, for those who don't mind 'roughing it' they may want to check out the Cinnamon Bay Campground. Cottages, tents, and bare camp sites are available for rent.

At the time we were visiting the island Rockresorts had the concession on the campgrounds for the US Dept. of Parks.

Staying at the campground would hardly be roughing it because the average annual temprature is 79 degrees with only about 6 degrees variance between summer and winter.

The National Park service provides programs such as snorkeling instructions and tours of the old sugar plantation ruins.

The picture below is another picture of a St. Thomas beach.

Tip Photo

• gigirig profile photo gigirig
  • Reviews: 11

Little Dix Bay: Little Dix Bay

We stayed in a small building housing 4 rooms near the beach. The room was beautifully decorated & very clean. Our water buckets were filled daily & our refrigerator was stocked with our choice of beverages. The beaches are unspoiled & roll along for miles. The landscaping is filled with the most vibrant & beautiful flowers & bushes. They actually give tours of their incredible gardens surrounding the resort.They provide picnic lunches & drop you off on a secluded beach..very romantic!!

• Martin_B profile photo Martin_B
  • Reviews: 103

We stay with some friends who...

We stay with some friends who currently stay there permanently. Their house is so beautiful, just on the top of the mountain. This is me in the courtyard of their house.

There was a pool, a spa, gym and a very very great view.

• Jayspin profile photo Jayspin
  • Reviews: 5

Did not stay there, but of all...

Did not stay there, but of all the resorts we visited The Elysian had the most beautifully landscaped surroundings. It seemed very peaceful and removed.

Rustic beach with palms and watersports although relaxing. You have a sense of having your own private bay.

• Written August 25, 2002

• Su2U profile photo Su2U
  • Reviews: 12

Little Dix Bay: Little Dix Bay

Fantastic service! Our room was an octagon on stilts. The maid cleaned twice a day, the iceman refreshed the ice twice a day. The restaurant was impeccable. They have a PADI 5 star dive facility on premises. They will take you by boat to nearby beaches and islands, many uninhabited, and return later to pick you up. Very romantic.

• Written August 24, 2002

• captjack profile photo captjack
  • Reviews: 5

Of course our favorate place...

Of course our favorate place was our house, but beside that I would rent a small house and enjoy the island like a native. The big hotels are just all the same the world round, so ifn you want to pay big money to fly down and stay in a hotel great, but you can stay home and stay in the same room. Get out and experience native life.
On season: 90 - 1,000 per day
Off season: 50 - 250 per day
There are more and less expensive available. Drop by Connections at the park and ask Sid or Mary Pat where a great place to stay is. You will love them.

• Written August 24, 2002

• bhodgson profile photo bhodgson
  • Reviews: 212

we have stayed at Bluebeard...

we have stayed at Bluebeard Beach Club Villas-great!
we got a deal for the week of $400

swim up bar
studio and one bedroom with small kitchen

• Luis_Alberto profile photo Luis_Alberto
  • Reviews: 392

I stayed at the Danish Chalet...

I stayed at the Danish Chalet Inn, which is a bed and breakfast place, run very efficiently by their friendly owners. I will never forget, their wonderful hospitality and kindness.
At about $69.00 a night, quite reasonable for this part of the world, especially in March.

Great views, friendly owners, nice little terrace with a bar on an honor system, you pick up your own drink and leave your money in a box.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

• Alfine5 profile photo Alfine5
  • Reviews: 28

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Resort: Skip the Marriott Frenchman's Reef Resort

During our third trip to the Virgin Islands, we were planning to spent the first two days and last two days on St. Thomas. Since I was hoping to increase my Marriott rewards points, I thought that I would give the Marriott Frenchman's Reef Resort a try. This, unfortunately, turned out to be a not so pleasant stay.

On our arrival to the Marriott, we found that there was a conference being held and therefore, there was no parking available. I stayed in my car for over half an hour before I found some parking. This was definitely not the way I wanted to start my vacation.

At check-in, I was told that they did not have the room I had requested and for which I had received a confirmation. I was asked to wait in the lobby for the manager who came in after thirty minutes and quickly fixed the problem. For my trouble, he even upgraded me to a room overlooking the Morningstar Beach.

The room we were given was absolutely amazing. The view were gorgeous and the room was beautifully appointed. We made our way to the pool area and saw the greatest views of Charlotte Amalie. After some time at the pools, we made our way to Morningstar Beach through the beautiful trails from the hotel. The beach was absolutely perfect as well.

During the evening, we made our way to Rum Bar which is the hotel's signature bar. The views from its patio overlooking the lights of Charlotte Amalie and the crashing waves below made this the most perfect setting to end the night.

At the tail-end of our trip, we had planned to stay at the Marriott once again. We came to the hotel a bit early and were told that our room was being cleaned. We were asked to wait a few minutes. I went back to the reception desk after 30 minutes and was told the same thing. After an hour of waiting, I offered to pay a higher price to get any of the rooms they had available. At that point, I was told that one of the rooms was almost ready. Yet another half hour later, we were still waiting for our room to be ready even though we were past the check-in time of 4:00 PM. At this point, I asked them to cancel my reservation so that I could go elsewhere.

This hotel has its good and bad. The service is absolutely horrible but the rooms and amenities at the hotel are fantastic. If you do not mind waiting to find parking and getting a room, then, this may be a good mid-range hotel for your stay on St. Thomas. However, with my experience, I don't expect to ever come back.

Large pool with amazing views of Charlotte Amalie, beautifully appointed rooms

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Budget Travel
  • Written December 19, 2010

• Alfine5 profile photo Alfine5
  • Reviews: 28

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Estate Concordia Studios: A Place to Get Away

If you really want to get away from all the noise and hustle of the cities, the best place to stay on the east coast of St. John is Estate Concordia. Estate Concordia is a 20 minute drive south of Coral Bay. They have a variety of rooms from open air studios all the way up to loft duplex's which are the size of small apartments.

I have stayed at Estate Concordia several times and have always chosen the Loft Duplex. It comes with a full kitchen, dining table, sofabed, bedroom, and two full bathrooms. However, the best part of the duplex is its 180 degree views of Salt Pond Bay.

Estate Concordia has a limited number of rooms and therefore stays fairly quiet throughout the year. They enforce quiet time as well which I believe is after 11:00 PM. We can attest to that as we were yelled at by the manager when we became too rowdy late one night.

One of my favorite activities at night was to go up to the road where the cars are parked. There is a bench up there which is pretty much at the edge of a cliff. On a clear night, you can sit here and see more stars then you have ever seen in your lifetime.

Amazing views of Salt Pond Bay and the night sky.

• Written December 24, 2010

Sunrise over Salt Pond Bay

• Strayling profile photo Strayling
  • Reviews: 1

Cinnamon Bay: Baresite Camping

$27 a night based on 2 people occupancy. Nice, private areas built in a loop and between other types of campsites (tents and "cabins"). Nice COLD water showering facilities/bathrooms. Bathrooms have flush toilets and electricity. The restaurant was convenient, but pricey - dinners running 17-20 dollars a plate for nothing special. The taxi ride costs$7-9 dollars to get there from town (the ferry and all of the stores) and to most attractions on the island.

Gorgeous beach. Not ideal for snorkeling, but good for swimming and splashing around in. Close to Plantation ruins and several hiking trails. Watch out for the wild donkeys - don't feed them!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: National/State Park, Budget Travel, Camping
  • Written July 17, 2007

• Rickphillys profile photo Rickphillys
  • Reviews: 3

Frenchman's Cove: Marriott Time Share in St. Thomas

Frenchman's Cove has only been open a few months, but my family of 11 stayed there in (2) three bed rooms units for a week. The whole family loved the location. It is located right next to the big marriott hotel and you are able to use all of the aminities of the marriott. Our whole family was able to use Charlotte Amilie as a home base and travel all around the Virgin Islands and come home to a high quality huge room in a great resort. We used the fully functional kitchen every day during or stay and save a lot of money.

The pool and whole resort had the best views of the harbor.

• Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written July 29, 2007

• monica71 profile photo monica71
  • Reviews: 485
Danish Chalet Inn: Good place for a short stay

This is another good option for people who want to stay downtown or are in St Thomas for a short stay before moving on to other islands. Danish Chalet Inn is a nice B&B. It looked clean and well maintained from the outside.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 5, 2008

• ldilauro profile photo ldilauro
  • Reviews: 7

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Beachtops Condo - Rental from Private Owner: Cowpet Bay East - 3 BD / 3 BA Condo

Beachtops Condo (www.beachtops.com) - 3BD/3BA condo with oceanview and steps down to the Elysian Beach / Pool / Jacuzzi. My group loved the condo and would stay here again.

On other trips to St Thomas: I have stayed at Secret Harbour - Room 734 - Loved it ! (Sept 2005) I liked Secret Harbour's beach better than the Elysian Beach.

Holiday Inn Winward Passage (Oct 2005) - nice downtown location except for the seaplane landing / departures early in the morning.

Villa Blanca - Great View (Feb 2003).

Cabrita Condo (June 1997) - nice view, but no A/C.

We were a group of 3 women and we each enjoyed having our own bedroom and bathroom to ourselves. The condo also had 2 expansive balconies with a great view. The condo had everything we needed.

• Written June 12, 2006

View from the Beachtops Condo Balcony

• Courtney5882 profile photo Courtney5882
  • Reviews: 24

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Secret Harbour Beach Resort: St. Thomas' Best Resort

Our hotel was fabulous. It is on the small side, but gives you the feeling of seclusion and relaxation. Make sure you stay in one of the beach front suites. We had a master bedroom, bath, living room with 2 sleeper sofas, fully stocked kitchen, dinning room, balcony with table and lounge chairs.

The hotel has a pool on the hill overlooking the beach front suites and Nazareth Bay. Behind the pool on the hill is the oceanview suites. The beach is beautiful and has some of the best snorkeling right off the beach. There is a swim dock, scuba store, shopping boutique, bar, restaurant, and massage therapist. Everyone who works at the hotel is incredibly nice and they even have a manager's party every Tuesday, an oppurtunity not to be missed.

• Related to: Family Travel, Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches