U. S. Virgin Islands Hotels

Our Members Say

• cbogacki profile photo cbogacki
  • Reviews: 7

Maho Bay: Eco-tourism at it's best

I felt like I was in a MASH tent. Not like my bivy but not like a luxury spa/suite....for me....it was the perfect mix of both! We ate in the restaurant quite often, as you need to bring your own food as shopping was scarce in 1997.

Great view, electricity in tent.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: National/State Park
  • Written October 13, 2004

• dwainwri profile photo dwainwri
  • Reviews: 2
Westin Vacation Club, St....

Westin Vacation Club, St. John
We stayed at the Timeshare - 2 bedroom, 3 bath with kitchen, quite reasonable if you own timeshare! Hotel room available also. Among the nicest resorts we've EVER stayed at!
no idea - we were on a timeshare exchange

Immaculate beach, fabulous pool, activities, lighted tennis courts, beautiful grounds

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written August 24, 2002

• Robert96 profile photo Robert96
  • Reviews: 10

Estate Lindholm: Intimate Cruz Bay B&B

For a first class, charming alternative to resorts or villas try Estate Lindholm. It is located on a hill side north of Cruz Bay. The Harbor View rooms do have great views of Cruz Bay and Pilsbury Sound. Even our shower had a great view of the sound!
The gardens are lush and beautiful. The pool and breakfast area are dominated by a large Frangiapani tree where birds like to gather.
The owners, Lauren and Brion, were very helpful and freindly. If you need advice all you need to do is ask.
Our room was clean, bright and had AC. Some people find that AC is critical in the Tropics for a good nights sleep. I am not one of those people.
Estate Lindholm is a ten minute walk to the town of Cruz Bay. Each night we walked into town for dinner. Check out Estate Lindolm's website, and trust me when I say ti does not do this great B&B justice,

Great views, beautiful garden, resonable prices (for St. John), and wonderful hosts.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written May 19, 2004

• ZIMETMUS profile photo ZIMETMUS
  • Reviews: 29

Starlit Escape: Hidden Treasure in Coral Bay

We rented this apartment (1/2 house) in Coral Bay and it was the perfect get away. The setting was charming quiet and out of the way.

Private location with wonderful pool and wonderful hosts.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Hiking and Walking, National/State Park
  • Written July 10, 2004

Starlit Escape

• ChefSalt profile photo ChefSalt
  • Reviews: 16
Bring lots of money

When Traveling through the VI you'll find Hotels to be very expensive $500 and up
there are some less expensive places to stay however for your safty I wouldn't recommend it.
If you go to St John( big * ) hit the camp ground at Cinnimon Beach
its the best beach on St John and you can stay there for about twenty bucks per night
they have some tents on raised platforms to rent that I highly recommend for just a few bucks more
also on St John your Safe no matter where you go or at what time you go there.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written October 26, 2002

• TwoCoconuts profile photo TwoCoconuts
  • Reviews: 18
Coconut Coast Condos: Lapping waves

Coconut Coast is a small group of condos right on Turner Bay (just south of Cruz Bay). We stayed in a studio - which was nicely appointed for the reasonable price includng a well-equipped kitchenette. From our second floor unit, we enjoyed breakfast every morning yards from the gentle waves of Turner Bay and sunset dinners most evenings (a supermarket is a few minutes drive). The proprietors were friendly and helpful. Definitely hope to stay again someday.

Location right on the rocky beach of Turner Bay.

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 1, 2003

• TwoCoconuts profile photo TwoCoconuts
  • Reviews: 18
Best Western Carib Beach: Pedestrain Best Western

We stayed at this hotel on Lindburg Bay, just a stones throw from the airport on St. Thomas, for two nights. It's about all you should expect, I suppose, for a fairly low price ($100/night) while being a stones throw from the water. It's about Motel 6 level quality, service at the hotel was below par for the Virgin Islands, and their "beach" is a sandbox, but for the price it's OK as a spot right at the airport (could easily walk - only a few hundred yards - never heard any planes, though).

Walk to the airport, close to the water, moderate price

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches
  • Written March 1, 2003

• cobaltlite profile photo cobaltlite
  • Reviews: 11
I'd like to thank the friendly...

I'd like to thank the friendly and helpful staff of Sapphire Beach Resort for their top-notch service. We visited them from 3/11/01-3/17/01. I just couldn't wait to tell you how wonderful it was.

Their Seagrape Restaurant and their Steakhouse were wonderful. The fish was fresh and the steaks were juicy. The Desserts were tasty as well.

The rooms were wonderful and spacious. The cleaning staff was meticulous. The kitchen had everything that I could ever need except food, ofcourse. We went to Red Hook's Marina Market to buy food to cook and drinks.

The view from our room was so beautiful that we sat in our living room at night just looking out. We also made great use of our patio and Sapphire Beach. Sapphire also has events that you can take part in (live entertainment, Shop Talk, and an Orientation).

When it came time for us to go to Coral World, St. John, Charlotte Amalie and Mountaintop, we went to the Front Desk area to get a Cab. There were always cabs waiting to take us out because VI Taxi is based in Sapphire Beach. Normally the fares are posted.

I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation and I look forward to my return. Thanks Sapphire!!!!

Close to Red Hook Dock and great view of St. John

• Written August 25, 2002

• Super_Dave profile photo Super_Dave
  • Reviews: 4
We stayed in the Gallow's...

We stayed in the Gallow's Point condominiums overlooking St Thomas from the island of St John. They had everything you could ask for in these two story dwellings. All the modern conveniences are provided: fully furnished living quarters with a kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, cooking pots & pans, utensils, cable TV, phones, and fans.
There was even a six pack of Red Stripe waiting for us in the 'fridge.

As I described above, you have all the modern conveniences of home in a beautiful setting overlooking the Caribbean Ocean.

• Written August 26, 2002

• seaponics profile photo seaponics
  • Reviews: 7
We stayed in an open air room...

We stayed in an open air room that overlooked the sea and not another lodging. The accomodations were perfect: roomy, big bed, bathroom room in general and warm and inviting.

Rockefeller's 65' Henkley sailboat was there for excursions day or evening, wow. The day trip included snorkling (diving off the ship) and a delifully prepared meal. We sailed to St. John and Peter's Island, it was a blast.
Then, on another day, the hotel packed 2 baskets of food and wine and a motorboat took us to a deserted island and left us to our own devises, so, well use your imagination!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written September 2, 2002

• Alfine5 profile photo Alfine5
  • Reviews: 28

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Resort: Skip the Marriott Frenchman's Reef Resort

During our third trip to the Virgin Islands, we were planning to spent the first two days and last two days on St. Thomas. Since I was hoping to increase my Marriott rewards points, I thought that I would give the Marriott Frenchman's Reef Resort a try. This, unfortunately, turned out to be a not so pleasant stay.

On our arrival to the Marriott, we found that there was a conference being held and therefore, there was no parking available. I stayed in my car for over half an hour before I found some parking. This was definitely not the way I wanted to start my vacation.

At check-in, I was told that they did not have the room I had requested and for which I had received a confirmation. I was asked to wait in the lobby for the manager who came in after thirty minutes and quickly fixed the problem. For my trouble, he even upgraded me to a room overlooking the Morningstar Beach.

The room we were given was absolutely amazing. The view were gorgeous and the room was beautifully appointed. We made our way to the pool area and saw the greatest views of Charlotte Amalie. After some time at the pools, we made our way to Morningstar Beach through the beautiful trails from the hotel. The beach was absolutely perfect as well.

During the evening, we made our way to Rum Bar which is the hotel's signature bar. The views from its patio overlooking the lights of Charlotte Amalie and the crashing waves below made this the most perfect setting to end the night.

At the tail-end of our trip, we had planned to stay at the Marriott once again. We came to the hotel a bit early and were told that our room was being cleaned. We were asked to wait a few minutes. I went back to the reception desk after 30 minutes and was told the same thing. After an hour of waiting, I offered to pay a higher price to get any of the rooms they had available. At that point, I was told that one of the rooms was almost ready. Yet another half hour later, we were still waiting for our room to be ready even though we were past the check-in time of 4:00 PM. At this point, I asked them to cancel my reservation so that I could go elsewhere.

This hotel has its good and bad. The service is absolutely horrible but the rooms and amenities at the hotel are fantastic. If you do not mind waiting to find parking and getting a room, then, this may be a good mid-range hotel for your stay on St. Thomas. However, with my experience, I don't expect to ever come back.

Large pool with amazing views of Charlotte Amalie, beautifully appointed rooms

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Budget Travel
  • Written December 19, 2010

• Alfine5 profile photo Alfine5
  • Reviews: 28

Estate Concordia Studios: A Place to Get Away

If you really want to get away from all the noise and hustle of the cities, the best place to stay on the east coast of St. John is Estate Concordia. Estate Concordia is a 20 minute drive south of Coral Bay. They have a variety of rooms from open air studios all the way up to loft duplex's which are the size of small apartments.

I have stayed at Estate Concordia several times and have always chosen the Loft Duplex. It comes with a full kitchen, dining table, sofabed, bedroom, and two full bathrooms. However, the best part of the duplex is its 180 degree views of Salt Pond Bay.

Estate Concordia has a limited number of rooms and therefore stays fairly quiet throughout the year. They enforce quiet time as well which I believe is after 11:00 PM. We can attest to that as we were yelled at by the manager when we became too rowdy late one night.

One of my favorite activities at night was to go up to the road where the cars are parked. There is a bench up there which is pretty much at the edge of a cliff. On a clear night, you can sit here and see more stars then you have ever seen in your lifetime.

Amazing views of Salt Pond Bay and the night sky.

• Written December 24, 2010