Hibiscus Beach Resort

4131 La Grande Princesse, North shore, Christiansted, St. Croix, 00820, Caribbean
Expedia.com Booking.com CheapCaribbean

More about Hibiscus Beach Resort

Laid back and wonderful

by kmadreamer about Hibiscus Beach Resort

We've stayed here 3 times now and just love it. We did try Cane Bay Reef Club and it was absolutely terrible! Came running back to Hibiscus! The staff is very friendly and professional. Rooms all look out onto the beach-some are closer than others to the water which is right there for you to snorkle in. Restaurant and bar are excellent. HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. It's not a big resort- it's a wonderful place to chill. We've brought friends with us on occasion and they love it too.

Great restaurant

Rooms are in need of updating. Hotel location requires a car. Restaurant is very good for lunch and dinner. Small pool. Hard to get into the ocean due to weeds and coral. No snorkling. Fine for a week of reading. Beautiful view. Stock your room refrigerator for breakfast. We were not warmly received. You are on your own.

descent but needs updating

I actually enjoyed the trip to st. croix but the hotel was a little on the old side. The water sports and snorkling where not in the area. But the staff was very nice and helpful. Restaurant's are as appealing as you would want them to be. But other wise I would recommend if you go and are on a budget this is the place to be.

Good food & good service

Stayed a week in feb.2005. Nice, clean rooms. Very good service in the restaurant, good food. Well managed. Fine wine-list. Be sure to make reservations in the restaurant ! Located right on the beach. Manager present every evening . Will come back.
Niels Møller, Denmark

Hibiscus is a great small hotel

by TripAdvisor Member chhtravel

My husband, 18 year old daughter, and I were guests at the Hibiscus from February 25 - March 4, 2005. I had seen mixed reviews on this hotel and was a little concerned. The rooms are adequate, equipped with a small refrig and microwave. The bathroom is small, but it had a great shower with good water pressure. Linens, especially bath towels, need to be up-graded. The bath towels are similar to those you would get at a Motel 6. The air conditioning worked great. The best part of this hotel is the location and restaurant. It is located on a beautiful stretch of beach. Unfortunately, the entry to the water is very rocky so bring swim shoes if you really want to experience the water. The hotel does provide beach towels, but they are not very nice and sometimes were not available.

The restaurant H20 was great. We had several dinners there and I would highly recommend the mussels. Breakfast and lunch were good as well. The service was fantastic. No one in my family is a coffee drinker and the staff quickly learned to make iced tea for us in the morning for our breakfast. St. Croix in general has great restaurants and every night that we were there we had good meals. I would highly recommend Duggan's Reef -- be careful driving in that area at night. I hit a deer in the road, but luckily no damage was done to the deer or the car. Kendrick's and Bacchus are also highly recommended. The service and the food at both of these places was fantastic. You should make reservations at all the restaurants mentioned. We were not impressed with Tutto Bene although it had received great reviews.

The location at Hibiscus was good because my daughter and husband are scuba divers. They were 10 minutes from a good dive operation at Salt River. We rented a car. Avis is available at Hibiscus and Thrifty is just up the street. St. Croix has good roads and there is a lot of sightseeing that you can do on your own from a car.

We have visited many places in the Caribbean and I would highly recommend St. Croix for a relaxing trip. The shopping is ok, nothing comparable to St. Thomas, but there are some interesting shops with an emphasis on art.

Great Find!

by TripAdvisor Member WittyL8dy

Nice sized rooms, right ON the beach. Microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms make it easy to be in this more remote location. The restaurant was fabulous. We spent a lot of time lounging on the hammocks and enjoying the view. It is difficult to get into the water due to rocks and seaweed (as others have mentioned), but if you walk about 20 yards down the beach, there is a great, clear area where you can go out and swim, snorkel, whatever. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only negative that we encountered is the fact that the Hibiscus is right next to a very small public access beach. We didn't mind mingling with the locals, but one day there was a pickup truck parked there for hours blasting their music. It kind of ruined the relaxed atmosphere. But, the other days were quiet and peaceful.

Great Spring Break!

by TripAdvisor Member fisheye

My daughter and I just returned from St. Croix and Hibiscus yesterday (her college spring break) after a perfectly lovely week. Hibiscus was great for us--yes the bathrooms could use updating (esp larger mirror) and towels could be thicker. We made good use of the mini-fridge as we had taken a collapsible ice chest for day treks to various beaches (mostly Cane Bay). The hotel always had PLENTY of ice in their icemaker and we use a lot of it. We had room #3, which would have been my pick of any....on the end of the Hibiscus building (the one attached to the restaurant) and on the lower level so that we stepped out onto the beach near the water. The hammocks were perfect and the lounge chairs were fine. Food pretty good @ H20 (the restaurant @ hotel)--we only did the free continental b'fast which was always muffins, juice, good coffee, milk. Their fish was not fresh but frozen, however not bad. The prime rib special was excellent--27.00.
Lunch about 20.00 or 25.00 for two. Their beach is picturesque (we saw two weddings there!), but as noted, not great for entry without booties.
Service was friendly and good. Room cleaned very well daily. Ask for beach towels @ office. Town is a short drive, easy drive. We didn't have any problems of noise--we did notice locals accessing the beach, but they were never a problem---not many folks used it while we were there.
It's a good, quiet place---and lovely views from room and beach area (good for sunrise, view of Buck Island)----they have some lovely palms, too!!

Can't wait to come back!!

My husband and I stayed here in late September 2004 for our anniversary after there were unsubstantiated price increases at "another" St. Croix resort. We were not sorry and this was our third visit to St. Croix. I am your typical beach bum (and dog lover) and loved the view, the beach, the people, and the food. Neat T-storms in the very early hours !! Daniel and his hotel staff are very kind and accomodating and I am so glad we spent our week here. This year we plan on adding an additional day to our vacation. Can't wait !! Many thanks again to Dan and his staff. See you in September !! Robin & Gerry Dugan - Trooper, PA

Had a Great Time

by TripAdvisor Member Malto

My wife and I stayed there over Easter. It was clean and the hotel staff were very nice. It is right on the beach. The beach in front of the hotel did have a lot of sea grass, but if you walk a little ways over on the beach, to the part in front of the Cormorant, it is nicer. We had a wonderful time.

sunshine / sand/ & Santa

by TripAdvisor Member sloorunn

Christmas in the tropics sounded like fun , so we gave it a whirl .Never having been there.we opened up trip advisor for some ideas. The Hibscus ended up being our best holiday surprise.True old fashion hospitality by the staff only made the awesome location of this hotel that much better. We could of spent the entire week without leaving the hotel area. A fabulous restaraunt( try the crab cakes- mouth watering) a great bar right on the beach and clean , neat well appointed rooms.What more could you want for Xmas? Well you also get a supurb beach and other friendly guests from all over the world to mingle with.I cant wait to go back.

Hibiscus Beach Resort?

by jlhartz

Thinking of staying here March 2005. Anyone been here or recommend something else?

Re: Hibiscus Beach Resort?

by ekeith

It's pretty nice and relatively new. Don't get a "beachside" room, though. There are poor views from some of them. You really need a "beachfront" room to be assured of the view. If you have any more questions, drop me an email at ekeith@cinci.rr.com

Should I rent a car or bike in St. Croix?

by SandyAnn

I'll be in St. Croix (staying at the Hibiscus Hotel) which is 3 miles from Christiansted, for a week in early Jan '05. I'm not sure if this hotel is walkable distance to anything -- restaurants, grocery stores, etc. I'll definitely want to go in once or twice to Chistiansted, and maybe look around the island. I'm wondering whether to rent a car for a few days, or maybe a bicycle, or would a taxi be best?? I love riding a bike, but I'm not an adventure/mountain biker. Being able to ride a bike into the city sounds like fun, but I'm unsure of the terrain, safety, things like that. Has anyone rented a bike to get around while in St. Croix? Is a rental car a good idea? Any advice? (Guess I should tell you that I'm a woman and will be traveling with my 24 year old daughter.)

Re: Should I rent a car or bike in St. Croix?

by ahaynes122

You should rent a car or taxi (although taxis are very unreliable). I wouldn't ride a bike unless it's within a "control environment" like a resort or somthing. I don't want to scare you or anything, but I've lived in St. Croix for 20+ years (moved there when I was in 8th Grade) and I've seen the island change. I wouldn't ride a bike in "town" either. To tell you the truth, I don't even think you can rent bikes to bike around the island. Way to hilly and dangerous. We drive like maniacs!
Also, you have to remember that we drive on the left down there....unfortunately, the wheel is also on the left so there are a lot of blind spots when u drive. Also, you can turn LEFT on red.....confusing, yes.
I know Hibiscus Beach Hotel VERY well. My parents and I used to stay there before we bought our house. It's situated in a very residential area. 3 miles to the nearest supermarket (Pueblo)....seems like an eternity.
You've made a nice choice with the Hibiscus. There's a pool, a great outdoor bar and it does get quite lively in the evenings with a good reggae band or calypso band.
If you need any more advice on my special little island, please don't hesitate to email me here.....

Alexandra