St. Croix Hotels

Our Members Say

• grandmaR profile photo grandmaR
  • Reviews: 6579
Cane Bay Reef Club: Bad reviews?

We did not stay here as we were on a cruise ship excursion when we stopped by Cane Bay. But I took pictures of something that looked like a motel type place right near the beach. The last three photos are of Cane Bay

There is one hotel review on VT that says this place is terrible, but other reviewers apparently like it. So take your choice.

Nine rooms, located at Cane Bay on the the north shore of the island, directly on the shore, and all rooms have balconies. The location is ideal, being only a quarter mile from Cane Bay Beach. There is also a pool. The rooms have satellite TV, and no phones. The accommodations are clean and neat, have full kitchens, and the rooms are sized well, with king bed in the bedroom and a fold-out queen sofa in the living area.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Budget Travel
  • Written February 12, 2010

Reef Club?

• Yogues profile photo Yogues
  • Reviews: 22

Carambola Beach Resort: Secluded hideaway

Beautiful "private" beach. Half the rooms have been remodeled with kitchens, marble floors, great screened porches. Friday night "pirate Buffet" with show is great. Nice bar/restaurant. Hotel has two dive shops on-site. Carambola Golf Club nearby and gorgeous.

Fantastic beach. It's public, but we were the only ones there on our visit.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written December 20, 2009
Tip Photo

• kmadreamer profile photo kmadreamer
  • Reviews: 1

Hibiscus Beach Resort: Laid back and wonderful

We've stayed here 3 times now and just love it. We did try Cane Bay Reef Club and it was absolutely terrible! Came running back to Hibiscus! The staff is very friendly and professional. Rooms all look out onto the beach-some are closer than others to the water which is right there for you to snorkle in. Restaurant and bar are excellent. HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. It's not a big resort- it's a wonderful place to chill. We've brought friends with us on occasion and they love it too.

• Related to: Beaches, Fishing, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written March 24, 2009
Tip Photo

view from my patio in bldg further back than most

• Jumpseat profile photo Jumpseat
  • Reviews: 2

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Carambola Beach Resort: Carambola Highlights

Rooms are spacious. During the day, it gets hot inside. The large room only has a small wall mounted air conditioner that can't keep up with the heat. Also, the bungalows (4 rooms per unit) are very spread out so be prepared to do some walking after check-in.
This is a great Honeymoon location if you want to get away from it all. Cell phones DO NOT WORK here. There is high-speed wireless internet at the bar and restaurant, but not in the rooms.

Dining/Bar right next to the beach. Dive shop on property.

• Written August 14, 2008

• mpierre16 profile photo mpierre16
  • Reviews: 3

Divi Carina Bay Beach Resort: Divine Divi

I feel sort of guilty giving a great review of this place, having not spent much time on the property - WE WERE TOOOO BUSY this trip! We loved it though, the views were breath taking, room and staff were very accommodating except for a couple of black outs which delayed our check-in slightly and casino play for a few minutes. Casino very convenient location - golf cart ride across the street. The room was overlooking the pool area and beach, clean and sufficient. Only thing I would have preferred, the restaurant and gift shop didn't open early enough - we were up and out by 8:00 o'clock each morning. And nothing near by, to even walk to. We were fortunate to have our local friend pick us up and drive us each day. Our friend also booked the room for us as well which saved us a lot of $$$ - local rate is about $100 USD less. The hotel was not full, so there was a lot of peace and quiet. I loved it!

Great views, peace and tranquility - EASTER weekend, not very many people around, check-in Friday am and check out Sun am.

• Related to: Beaches, Sailing and Boating, Casino and Gambling
  • Written March 28, 2008

Divi Beach

• lewatts profile photo lewatts
  • Reviews: 24

Blue Vista Villa

I hesitate to recommend the Blue Vista Villa because I want our secret hideaway to be available next time we go. The villa sleeps 8, with a full bar, workout room, office, and private pool. Property managers Bob and Jamilla live on site (in an apartment below the property) and are available to help with any needs.

Each bedroom has its own bath, and 3 of the 4 open directly onto the patio. The views from each room are amazing. After a long day of diving, snorkeling or shopping, we would all come back to the villa to hang out by the pool, read a book, and grill some dinner.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Water Sports, Beaches
  • Written July 18, 2007
Tip Photo

• pdmatch profile photo pdmatch
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Buccaneer (Estate Shoys.): worst vacation I have had

Group of 15 staying 10 days. Our rooms were as far apart as you could get them on this large, hilly facility. Had 8 yr olds to an 80 yr old. To get up and down these hills and not spend 15 minutes doing so covered in sweat you must call a shuttle. Sometimes it comes in 30 seconds, sometimes 20 minutes. I stand with my 80 yr old mother sweltering in the heat for 10 minutes waiting for a shuttle. I estimate I wasted 14 hours waiting for/taking shuttles and walking to get to the beach.Main pool by the grotto had LESS THAN 20 CHAIRS.
MANY days went to the pool and there were no towels, no attendant, no phone to call someone to get any! Had a bank of three rooms on the beach.Air conditioning was either out or working so poorly the room was uncomfortable for 3 days of 10. My room had no internet access but could get it on the patio so I took my laptop out and the ceiling fan didn't work. Called the first day we were here they checked it, said it was broken needed to be replaced.3 days later called again.Nothing.3 days after that still nothing but they had a major power outage and lost all power yesterday. Assured us it would be back. We were heading to dinner and asked what their contingency plan was because it was still light out and we could move to other rooms now while we could see. They said we didn’t need a contingency plan, it'd be fixed. No power when we returned from dinner. Their plan was to send a guy with ONE FLASHLIGHT to allow us to gather our stuff at 10PM.
After first day, I didn’t get coffee in room. Called at 6PM that evening requesting it. Nothing. next morning called, they said they'd send it right down. 15 minutes goes by so I walk to the lobby. They said, “Well they had some yesterday”. Called again, left a note on my coffee machine saying, “please leave two packets of coffee each day”. Next day the note was still there and no coffee!
Son and I shared the same glass in the bathroom for 6 DAYS.
Card Keys. Multiple people in my partyhad major to minor issues with key cards.

ocean

• Written July 12, 2007

• Icemaiden02 profile photo Icemaiden02
  • Reviews: 107

Hotel On the Cay: 7-acre private island

We cannot say enough great things about this hotel. A private 7-acre island with its own restaurant/bar, the friendly staff are always willing to provide anything you could want. Rooms are large and airy, with private balconies to enjoy the view. All rooms have an ocean view! What more could you ask for.

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 6, 2007
Tip Photo

View of the hotel's property

• kglazebrook profile photo kglazebrook

Sand Castle on the Beach: GLBT Hotel

Sand Castle on the Beach is gay-owned and operated and has an attached outdoor restaurant right on the beach.

Because SCOTB is gay-owned and operated they cater to the GLBT community. The rooms are spacious, the pools pristine (one is clothing optional), and the view is remarkable.

• Written January 14, 2007

• frank_delargy profile photo frank_delargy
  • Reviews: 175

Carambola Beach Resort: Fantastic - almost private beach

Although I had read stories about poor service and a non-friendly attitude of the islanders, I did not experience that. Amenities were great. The food was fine, the water and beach were fantastic as was the view. Service was fine. as good as what I would expect from any carribean resort.
We had great snorkeling just off the beach in the coral reefs. Because the reefs come up to parts of the beach, you need to go in at the sandy places.
One morning I saw the tracks of a turtle that had come ashore but decided not to lay its eggs.

We did 3 days of diving using Anchor Dive Center.. highly recommended.

The beach is the best on the island.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches
  • Written August 2, 2006

Sunset at Carambola, St Croix

• HailVibrainia profile photo HailVibrainia

Tamarind Reef Inn: Out of the way, but very nice

The Tamarind Reef Inn is worth a stay, for business or pleasure. The rooms are great: huge, with tiled floors, and a view of the (rocky) beach. The AC works very well, maybe too well, but it has a remote. Gotta love a remote for the AC.

The room is so large, four adults can easily hang out. But the phone is across the room from the bed.

The front desk was VERY helpful (calling cabs, suggesting things).

The hotel restaurant had a limited menu. Since we were there over St. Patrick's Day, and they had a corned beef and cabbage special, I decided, why not. Um...never order grits north of Virginia. Never order scrapple south of Frederick, Maryland. And never order corned beef and cabbage in the Carribean. My fault. Another odd thing about the isalnds was they are so used to tourist ordering a rum-and-coke that they reach for the rum hen they heard the word 'coke.' My diet coke came with unordered rum - twice. Not a problem if you like rum and coke.

Don't expect great room service, and you won't be disappointed. This isn't that kind of place. But you can sit in a hammock, or go kayaking (free) or use the pool. You can hang out at the bar at night with a few locals.

I plan to go here again, with my fiance. Not a sandy beach, but all-in-all a really nice place. You need a car to get around, though.

The place is within a gated ommunity - unfortunately, a lot of petty crime on the island.

Pool, beach, free kayaking, bar

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 6, 2006
Tip Photo

• jenval profile photo jenval

Mount Victory Camp: Tropical Forest Compground

Mt. Victory is an amazing place. Although tent comping is available, the highlight is the handcrafted bungalows. They are constructed by a ship builder using local wood and are works of art in themsleves. Each bungalow has a kitchen with running water and a porch. The bathhouse is seperate and includes solar heated showers. There is an honor bar that the owners keep well stocked. I can't say enough about how amazing this place is. The owners do everything they can to make your stay great and can recommend things to do around St. Croix.

Bruce and Mathilde (the owners) have put a lot of love into this place. They have a large vegetable garden that they are more than willing to share and there are tropical fruits growing everywhere (e.g. mango, passion fruit). Hiking trails are everywhere and on Sundays are pig roasts that locals come to also.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Jungle and Rain Forest, Hiking and Walking, Camping
  • Written September 3, 2005

• Trainwreck20 profile photo Trainwreck20
  • Reviews: 2

Tamarind Reef: Best Beach

This resort has one of the nicer beaches of any of the places we saw on St. Croix. Snorkeling was great and we went everyday that we were there. Turtles, rays, all kinds of reef fish, and a coral fan garden just waiting to be photographed. The two story resort is well maintained and has a limited menu restaurant (bar) by the pool. The food was quite good, though. The beach has several shelters erected on it and the staff puts a series of floats out every day to allow snorkelers to rest. The rooms were average in size but each had a nice balcony or porch on the ocean side. Refridgerators and microwaves were in the rooms. Located withing easy kyaking distance of a small island (Green Cay), and a bit of a workout trip to Buck Island.

Great snorkeling beach. I haven't been to many of the other resorts on St. Croix, but I hear that this is the best. I won't argue, it was small, but the sand was nice and there was a small lagoon formed that made a kind of wading pool. You can exit the lagoon to the right and snorkel in the open water.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Water Sports, Beaches
  • Written December 15, 2004

• shanwake98 profile photo shanwake98
  • Reviews: 9

King Christian Hotel: King Christian Hotel

We put our wedding guests in this hotel. It is directly on the water, and most rooms have harbor views. We got a rate of $79/night for our group. Each room had a slightly different setup-one had a couch, another was on the dock directly over the water, and another was 2 bedrooms in one unit. I think think this is one of the best hotels in the historic area! Everyone was very happy here.

• Written September 8, 2004

• shanwake98 profile photo shanwake98
  • Reviews: 9

Carrington's Inn: Carrington's Inn

What a fantastic place! We stayed here the entire "weddingmoon" and couldn't have picked a more perfect place for us! It had 5 rooms and is set up on a hill overlooking the harbor just outside Christiansted. We stayed in the Periwinkle room as part of their "Discover St. Croix" package. We could walk out our door and fall in the pool every night, which was a great way to beat the heat! The owners are just fantastic-very helpful and friendly. This place is an absolute gem!

• Written September 8, 2004