Holiday Inn Windward Passage Hotel

HailVibrainia's Profile Photo

A Good Joint for Business Travel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 6, 2006

We walked into the lobby and got in line to register and the first thing someone said to us was "Would you like a rum punch?" I took the fruit punch, because I don't drink, but having a complimentary cool drink offered was a nice touch of hospitality - and it's sincere. Not overbearing or condescending, just nice hospitality, through-out our stay. My room looked out over a baseball field and there was a couple games that first night, some rec league. The applause, cheering and odd seranade through the PA system by some lounge lizard wannabe was all part of the charm, I thought. One of the folks in our party was really annoyed by it, couldn't sleep. I pulled a chair up to the window and looked down on the game for a few innings. Go, Rastas!

Upon check-in, they give you a $5 coupon for their game room - video slots. One member of our party cashed hers in and they stuck a $5 bill in a game for her. When I cashed mine in they were busier and just handed me $5 at the window. I walked out with it. The room seems to attract some locals who are of the lower socio-economic strata, trying to get rich. Not dangerous, just colorful. If you like video games that go "beep bloop beep" and flash lights and take your money, you'll love the place.

The restaurant we never figured out. Pretty good 'diner level' food, though. Three of us would sit down and order. My meal would come within 120 seconds, someone else's wouldn't come for 20 minutes. Happened a couple of times.

Unique Quality: Nice pool, nice patio.

Directions: Leave the airport. Stay on Veteran's Drive.
When you see the Post Office on the right, look left. That 4 or 5 story building coming up? That's it.

Nearby Holiday Inn Windward Passage Hotel

Holiday Inn Windward Passage Hotel

• Charlotte Amalie Holiday Inn
  • Holiday Inn Charlotte Amalie

Address: Veterans Drive, (formerly Holiday Inn), Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, 00804, Caribbean

Amenities at Holiday Inn Windward Passage Hotel

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge

Saint Thomas Travel Forum

Need advice about Saint Thomas, U. S. Virgin Islands? Visit the Travel Forum for Saint Thomas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Saint Thomas hotel reviews

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Best Western Carib Beach Resort
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Saint Thomas
Scooters in Virgin Islands!
Warnings and Dangers