Island View Guest House

PO Box 301903, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, 00803-1903, Caribbean

More about Island View Guest House

No better place to stay in St. Thomas

by TripAdvisor Member haringma1

We were very uncertain about the Island View Guesthouse when we booked it. However, I am very certain when I say that you won't find a better place to stay in St. Thomas.

I've never had a better vacation. The owners are the most gracious hosts that I've ever known. Not only did they tend to our every need, they took me to two islands - St. John's and Hans Lollick - and showed me the best local beaches without tourists. When I asked where to go shopping, they suggested Charlotte Amalie and then drove me there. Now that is service! In the evenings, I would work on the computer from the open veranda; it officially closes at 11 pm. They would let me stay until the wee hours of the morning. My point is this: I've never stayed at a place that did so much to ensure the happiness of its guests.

In addition to the great service, the Island View Guesthouse offers amazing steaks. Ron buys top meats and does a fine with with them on the grill.

The old ratings are wrong; the new owners have updated and modernized the place. I had a terrific time at the Island View Guesthouse and plan to return often.

Loved Island View

by TripAdvisor Member gussam04

How can I write a review of a vacation experience that has been absolutely perfect. The location, accommodations, the people have all been awesome. Being used to giving feedback reviews on ebay, here is my feedback:

Totally awesome in every way. Relaxing, refreshing, everything I was expecting and more.

A++++

I would and will recommend this to all my friends and family.

Thank you for a great experience.

A tropical getaway with a touch of home

by TripAdvisor Member micah68

I stayed at the Island View while going to my best friend's wedding. The owners were great, they took us boating all the way around St. Thomas. They made the place have a homey feel with their willingness to chat and the laid back atmosphere. They make great steaks and other food right there at the resort and there is an "honor bar" where you can go get drinks at any time and put it on your room's tab. The view was amazing. The only caveats I can think of is that I didn't find the bed to be one of the most comfortable I'd slept in, also the hot tub was out of commission while I was there. It was great overall, however.

love

by TripAdvisor Member GMREYN73

They were so great and no problens i stay and one more night the breakfast was great. i would even tell my alcld rec group because they offerd boating and swming and a all lot more i would come back agina

Excellent Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Kenn99

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights and enjoyed every one of them. The view is amazing. The food is great, get one of Captain Ron's now Famous Steaks. A very pleasant atmoshpere. The snorkling trip offered by Ron and his wife was wonderful. And everything about the place is very reasonably priced, especially when compared to the rest of the Island.
Kenn & Amy

Best Deal on the Island!!

by TripAdvisor Member zulema9807

The absolute best deal on the island, by far!! My husband and I came to St. Thomas for a wedding at the Marriott. Speaking to the other guests staying in various places on the island, including Marriott, Island View Guest House is your best choice! My husband and I stayed for 4 nights and we slept like babies each night! Ron and Beth and their 2 sons have really put some love into their hotel and it shows. The view from the veranda is amazing and it is impossible not to enjoy any meal from there. They make you feel like family! They sit down with you to talk and have a beer, the veranda is where everyone hangs out, so after the first night, you're old friends with the other guests and Ron and Beth!!

The food is amazing! Great Breakfast and dinner! Their steaks have to be the best on the island! You can't leave and not have had their steak! Our first night there, we had Beth's homemade lasagna!! It was so delicious! The honor bar is where it's at though!! Pour your own cocktails from the variety of liquors and wine and just chalk it up on the board when your done. Make sure you mark 'em as you go because you might forget as the night goes on!

But our best day on the whole trip?? The day of snorkeling! For an Extremely reasonable price, Ron and Beth take you out on their boat and take you to Buck Island and Honeymoon Beach...about a 5 hour day trip. They drive you down in their own car to the marina and take you out for the day. It was amazing! Ron knows where to go to see the best sea turtles and coral! They bring snacks for their guests and then you eat lunch on Honeymoon Beach. Beth took photos with her underwater camera and then burned us a CD of the photos as a souvenir! At no extra cost!! How nice is that? When we came home, we ate a steak dinner on the veranda and washed it down with a couple of beers...the perfect day by far!

We recommend Island View Guest House to Everyone! The prices a night are extremely reasonable and you just can't go wrong. They make you feel like family and anything you need , they try their best to accommodate you! We felt like we were hanging out with our aunt and uncle the whole time, that's how comfortable they make you feel. They'll drive you where you need to go, if they can, because the taxi's there are something else...very pricey. Every driver we had, they all said the same thing as they pulled up to the hotel, how Ron and Beth have really brought around the hotel. Everyone has seen the change in the hotel and you should too!
Sunnie and Zulema , Houston, TX

Peaceful, relaxing stay at the Island View

by TripAdvisor Member cooltraveller

My husband and I stayed at the Island View Guest House during our visit to St. Thomas over Christmas last year. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay or friendlier hosts.

We had a balcony room for 4 days, with a lovely view of the St. Thomas harbor. Our room was neat and well-maintained. The bathroom was a bit smallish, with only a shower. The hosts were very good to us in terms of pick up from the airport (and several subsequent trips there since our luggage got lost) and rides to other places. I would recommend a rental car if you stay here since its a little bit away from the main road, halfway up a hill. The best part of the inn is the breakfast/bar area which is a wide, porch-like setting with cool breeze always blowing, spectacular views and comfortable chairs. The guesthouse is centrally located on the island and we were able to go on the eco-tour adventure, sea trek at Coral World, main shopping area etc. without spending too much time on the roads. Definitely recommended if you are looking for a peaceful holiday, well worth the price.

WOW!!!! We ar going bac

by TripAdvisor Member kcalh76

Where to start about "Island View Guest House"?
Everyone there is such a great bunch of people! The room we stayed in was a Delux room. We had one of the best views of the south side of the island.
Ron, Beth, Josh, Phil, Bret and everyone else we forgot to mention; are some of the greatest bunch of people!
Ron and Beth (for a great price) took us snorkling at Buck Island to swim with the sea turtles. Then we went to Honeymoon beach and just couldn't believe how much different that view was. It was like being 200 miles away from STT.
Our room did have a small bath, but we didn't stay in the room much anyways.
In the 8 nights we stayed, we only went out to dinner twice. We would ask what the special was that night, and guess what. it was what we craved. Amazing huh!!!
My tip to anyone who goes to STT is to rent a car, but only if you can drive on the left side of the road.
DO STAY at Island View b/c if you don't; you won't experience the TRUE island.
Thanks to everyone there for the greatest time of our lives.
It was really sad to come back to Indianapolis.
We miss you all very much. See you soon.
Kraig & Bobby.

The perfect quiet vacation guesthouse

by TripAdvisor Member NoahR

We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms with a balcony and the view was really breathtaking. Just make sure you get the higher up balcony rooms because the lowest ones have some telephone wires in the way of the view. We tried both lower and higher up and room 15, the highest room was fantastic. Their lounge area is amazing with comfy chairs, an honor bar where you mark your own tab, and a spectacular view. There's a great pool to cool off in and a hot tub for sweating it out, though the tub was down while we stayed. The included breakfast is continental though you can order eggs if you like. Overall, I could definitely spend a long time at Island View, the staff is great, the owner is really nice (he even gave me a ride to the airport) and the setting is really sweet. Thank you Island View.

Quaint Inn with Nice Staff and a Great View

by TripAdvisor Member CircleTheWorld

This family run operation sits on the hill facing Crown Bay and sports a terrific view. It has recently come under new ownership (Ron and his wife bought the place last year), and they have renovated many of the rooms and common areas. It's not the Marriott, but the sleeping accomodations are acceptable, as is the complimentary breakfast. The owner runs private boat tours for guests
out to Buck Island, which affords some terrific snorkeling, and he'll
grill you a great steak grill when you get back. This place is a great value.

Comments