The Inn at Villa Olga

3700 Villa Olga, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, 0, Caribbean
Hotels.com Tingo.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Saint Thomas

Jumpingtwins at one year old, St Thomas USVIJumpingtwins at one year old, St Thomas USVI

Coki Beach - looking towards Coral WorldCoki Beach - looking towards Coral World

View from Paradise Point at top of SKYRIDEView from Paradise Point at top of SKYRIDE

Excellent Photo from my Canon!Excellent Photo from my Canon!

Blue Beards Castle

by kateaz21

Has anyone stayed at blue beards castle on st. thomas? I'll be there in june for a week and cant find much info on it.

Thanks

Re: Blue Beards Castle

by Jesperp

I had not been there.

Here is Bluebeard’s Castle’s website: http://www.bluebeards-castle.com/

St. Thomas, St. Croix and St. John were former The Danish West Indies.

Here is a page about The Danish West Indies http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_West_Indian_Islands

Jesper

Re: Blue Beards Castle

by Electrcrio

Just to let you know that this hotel is not near the beach (its actually on top of a hill with a nice view of Charlotte)

Travel Tips for Saint Thomas

"A Seperate World"

by HarleyPyrate

I found out why so many people are into the underwater scene after my stay. Once you submerse your body under the top of the water its like a world seperate from the rest. Its peaceful and quiet. Its movements are likened to a slow motion picture and every small creature that you meet whilst that breath of air last you seems to become a new friend.
My son and I didnt have to go to St.Thomas with thousands of dollars to have a great time, though some real diving equipment wouldve been nice. We sufficed with keeping ourselves close to the bottom holding on to a small boulder found on the ocean floor until our breath ran out and we had to surface for more, knowing the small faces of the new friends we had just encountered would be waiting for us to come back and entertain them some more. This may sound strange to many, but my fondest memory would have to be the rib aching laughter I experienced while watching my 5'10" 185lb. son climb a coconut tree for me so that I could say that I had eaten a real life wild coconut.
He did it allright. Even remembered how to split that bad boy just like he had seen Tom Hanks do when he was stuck on an Island.
It was great fun. A trip I will tell my grandchildren about. But then again, my family is just a bit different than most.

Magen's Bay Nature Trail

by jenval

Behind the beach at Magen's Bay is a 300 acre preserve co-owned by The Nature Conservancy and the V.I. government. There is a trail that takes you through tropical forest and mangroves in the preserve. It's quite steep at times so if you're going to do the whole trail, get someone to drop you at the top of the trail (off of Magen's Bay Road) and then walk down to the beach. However you can walk part of it on flat ground with access from Magen's Beach. A number of trees are labeled and The Nature Conservancy is currently putting together a brochure for a self guided tour.

To access the trail, go left when entering Magen's at the gate. Drive out to the coconut grove (lots of very tall coconut trees) . Walk through a green open gate and when you come to a T, go left along the trail or right to get to an old arboretum.

So Much More Than Shopping

by vabchtraveler

"Explore the Island"

I've stopped in St. Thomas several times and find new treats each time. The first trip, I simply explored the world-renown shopping. In a few words, it's pretty spectacular. But I'm not the world's most devoted shopper so I looked for new experiences the second and third times around. It's such a beautiful place that I think you do yourself quite a disservice to stay right at the pier. I found the beaches gorgeous and the trip to get to them delightful.

St Thomas Paradise!

by jumpingnorman

"Can you see the rainbow?"

While my wife was wading with my daughter in the clear waters, my son decided to join to them with me just standing at the shore. I did not even notice the rainbow which showed up several times in our beach shots.

We loved Charlotte Amalie, the capital of the U.S. Virgin Islands! It has one of the most beautiful harbors in the world and the most visited port in the Caribbean.

Of course, my wife enjoyed this place mostly because of the excellent duty-free shops...whereas I enjoyed the beack and the scenery!

St. Thomas has the beautiful Magens Bay and stunning views of the Caribbean from 1,500 feet above sea level, and magnificent vistas at Drake's Seat .

We're so lucky we were able to bring our twins to this magical place!

"The twins had so much fun!!!"

"My daughter by the sunset at our hotel porch..."

Comments