Rr. Qemal Stafa 391, Tirana, Albania

Et'hem Bey Mosque-The DomeEt'hem Bey Mosque-The Dome

Dëshmorët e Kombit BoulevardDëshmorët e Kombit Boulevard

Sarajevo - Tirana

by N0cTuRNaL

I'm a Turkish citizen who live in Sarajevo and want to travel from Sarajevo and Tirana by bus on Thursday most probably.

According to my research, This route given in below is the best way to get to Tiran;

SARAJEVO-Dubrovnik-Kotor-Ulcinj-Skoder-TIRAN

* Please correct me if there are SHORTER WAY WITHOUT VISITING AN EXTRA CITY than this tariff given above. If this tariff has many difficulties, disabilities etc... then, what kind of route should I follow?

* How much would this trip cost to me in total and how long it takes?

* I read that during the days there are busses and minibusses several times servicing between Kotor-Ulcinj; Ulcinj-Skoder and also Skoder-Tiran. But the point is that we are not in the summer time anymore! We are in winter period and what are the possibilities of finding public transportation in between these cities in winter time as we are in now? In another saying, I really need strong assistance of bus or minibus 'approximate or absolute' timetable.

P.S: I'm a student so my budget is really limited.

Thanks in advance for all. I'm lookin forward for your opinions facilitations. Wish you to have nice trips all of your life...

Can...

by alan1972

I've given a part-answer on your other post. Just to mention here that you could also take a bus from Tirana to Podgorica, then Podgorica to Ulcinj, then continue as with the other route. That would mean missing out on Dubrovnik and Kotor. You would probably need to go to the bus station in the Serbian part of Sarajevo to get the Podgorica bus.

by gilpema

Hi,

I can only give you an answer for Ulcin-Shkodra et Shkodra-Tirana.

There are minibuses 2 times an day at least from Ulcin-Shkodra around 5-6 euros.

And for Shkodra-Tirana there are an lot minibuses and an few buses daily.

The minibus is around 4 euros and the bus an bit cheaper.

The minibuses are at the entrance of Shkodra and the buses are near the Theater.

Have an nice travel!

Gil

by N0cTuRNaL

thanks for help.. I need last thing to ask

Is there any chance to get any bus, minibus or train from Podgorica to Shkoder? If not, can I get any taxi to the border and then take a bus to Tiran; or Shkoder to Tiran?

Travel Tips for Tirana

Free city guide

by viktor_b

InYourPocket has a city guide for Tirana in English.

Full version (52 pages; 400 lek or 3 euros) is sold only in Albania,
but you can browse it for free on:

or download printable 12-pages 'instant' version.

mani raki

by call_me_rhia

The national drink of Albania is called raki, which is very closely related to arak in the middle east - in fact it was the Ottomans that introduced raki in this part of the world.

It is normally made from fermented and distilled fruit, usually grapes but sometimes plums. A special one in Albania is of a very light green colour called mani raki (in the picture)... it's made from white mulberry and its taste andsmell are quite something.

Raki is sipped in small amounts - often as an aperitif, sometimes with a bit of water.

Tirana, popular dances 2

by JLBG

We were lucky that our guide managed to organize for us in the Palace of Culture a show by the state troop of popular dances, the Folklore Ensemble "Tirana". That was not scheduled but several of us asked him and he organized it in a couple of hours.

The troop wore the traditional clothing of the various regions of Albania. I am unable to name them.

Tirana, park with large flower-beds

by JLBG

As our group was in Albania to view rare flowers and animals, our Albanian guide brought us to a large park with a Botanic Garden but I know neither the location nor the name of this park. The entrance was a classical green park with large flower-beds but the second part was the botanical garden (next tip).

Arrivals of Buses from Saranda to Tirana

by gilpema

Hello,

The buses from Saranda will arrive next to Kombinat( until 2 years ago it was like that). There you will have to take the city buses of Tirana.

Careful in the bus especially in the line Kombinat-Kinostudio.

Good luck with your appointement at the Uk Embassy!

Comments