Sheshi Italia, P.O. Box 1717, Tirane, Albania

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Greatwalk0's Profile Photo

Good Hotel, But Lacking in Something

Having spent approximately 5 months in the Sheraton-Tirana, I know the "ins" and the "outs" of the hotel. It's a great hotel - the best in Albanian hands down.

The highlights of the hotel, include:

1. Very nice, very clean rooms, which are often quite spacious,
    2. An excellent gym!
    3. A GREAT breakfast buffet (normally included in the room rate),
    4. Friendly and outgoing staff
    5. Connected to one of Albania's only shopping malls

Some of the downsides, in my opinion, include:

1. Location. The hotel is somewhat removed from downtown Tirana.
    2. Dark. The rooms can be somewhat dark, as each of the ones I have stayed in did not have enough light fixtures in the room.
    3. The hotel's bar is disappointing.

Unique Quality: A truly superb breakfast buffet! Something to look forward to every morning!

Directions: Adjacent to Tirana University

• Good Not Great

I stayed there 3 weeks in 2/07. It is a nice hotel. I got upgraded to a suite which was very large. The rooms have big windows but mine and my friend's (an executuve suite) were both very dark most of the time. This isn't helped by a lack of good lighting in the rooms. It was like reading by candlelight. I think there is heavy tinting on the windows. The bathroom is nice with a soaking tub and one of those shower heads that you can use by hand which I am not wild about. The shelf space in the bathroom is limited and I had couldn't really "unpack" all my shaving/grooming gear. A good buffet breakfast with omlet bar came with the room. The hotel restaurant is good but pricy. There is a shopping mall in the hotel with a few cafes and fast food restaurants. The travel agent by the restaurant sells IHT, Wall Street Journal and USA Today. There is also a full service market with everything you need. I emptied out my mini-bar and keep my room stocked from the market. The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants. Go out and turn left past Mother Teresa University to the next main street and it is lined with good places to eat. 10 minute walk. WARNING: the hotel cable TV stinks!!! The only English channels are Euronews and CNN, who long can you watch that? The pay TV movies are in English but when I was there they appeared to be a collection of 2006's worst films (Failure to Launch. Along Came Dupree).

Unique Quality: Most modern in Tirana

Directions: University district.

• Greatwalk0's Profile Photo

5-Stars But Lacking

I thought the Sheraton-Tirana was weird and a waste of money. Though I am not aware of other accomodations in Tirana, I have to assume that the city has a better hotel than the Sheraton. Look around before booking.

Unique Quality: Connected to Tirana's sole shopping mall.

Directions: Near the Diplomatic District (Blloku)

• Canadian_Traveler's Profile Photo

Ae we really in Albania?

We stayed at the Sheraton Tirana through a very good travel agent deal (we got the hook up :)) because otherwise this place is too pricey for us but worth it if you can afford it or want to splurge. We were actually upgraded to a Jr. Suite.

The room, facilities, pool, restaurant were all fantastic and the staff was really incredible. I've not received this kind of service in too many hotels.

Unique Quality: The service was outstanding as was the food in the restaurant. We thought the prices were rather cheap though I guess they aren't all that cheap compared to other restaurants in the city. The outdoor patio at the restaurant is quite nice as well.

More about Sheraton Tirana Hotel and Towers

Albania's only five star hotel

by Skibbe about Sheraton Tirana

Because I was there on someone else's dime, I got a lot nicer accommodation than I would usually get. The Sheraton opened in 2003 and is the first major international hotel chain in Albania. It would be considered a top hotel in any country as it is very nice and has all the conveniences. It also has a good restaurant and is connected to a small mall which includes a movie theater and an internet cafe. It does seem out of place here but perhaps it is the future.

Comments