Our Members Say
- Reviews: 127
Mangalemi Hotel: The best place inside the town, I think
On the plus side (in no particular order)
the people here are friendly and helpful, and the son speaks good English
you can book by phone. If the landline doesn’t work try the mobile. And unlike some places the booking works – i.e. they’re expecting you when you arrive
there’s a computer you can use (for a small charge) to read your email
the building is old (if that’s important to you) and made of stone (ditto), like most of the other buildings in that part of Berat, and they’ve got a terrace where you can eat outside, if you’re the sort who enjoys that sort of thing. You can also sit inside
the prices for rooms are very reasonable
the position’s perfect for practically everything you might need or want to see in Berat – everything in the old town, and the post office, the bus station, the art gallery, etc in the new town
On the minus side, though
when I was there (in September), the water in the shower was at best lukewarm. (It came from solar panels, I think, and it may be different at other times of the year)
breakfast was dismal
the seats in the bar-cum-restaurant were cripplingly uncomfortable
one of the waiters hustles you (or he hustled me) to let him take you on a guided tour of the old town. I don’t think the owners know he does it. In any case he shouldn’t.
on one side the hotel looks out over a school. That means that in the morning, while you are perhaps still in bed, you may hear children playing in the courtyard, or a cracked old lesson bell ringing about fifty yards away,. My own feeling is that I like it, that’s life, it’s a happy sound (the children obviously like their PE teacher, incidentally, and he clearly has a gift for teaching), and if you’re going to complain you’d better go somewhere else, such as the top of Ben Nevis.
(By the way, I hear there’s a plan afoot to close the school and to use the area where is it to “recreate” the original palace gardens. If so then I hope it fails. I’d far rather have the children, with the lady sitting in the still-magnificent old palace gateway selling them sweets, than yet another blasted “archaeological park”.)
Unique Quality: The best there is, I think, if you want to stay IN the town.
- Reviews: 310
We stayed at this modern hotel by the river bridge, modern and very clean, but there more traditional options further uphills, as the "MANGALEM", very popular and with a good restaurant!
- Reviews: 585
Mangalem: Good located Place
Named after the it location its also known as "Tomi´s", it owner. Its a family run place and has 7 rooms.
Internet access is possible and the the kitchen serves good food.
Rooms can be booked by www.Albania-Hotels.com
- Reviews: 6088
hotel Mangalem: hotel Mangalem
Hotel Mangalem is a little, family run hotel in an ancient house, at the bottom of Mangalem district, near Kings mosque. It is comfortable and the managers very friendly. They have few rooms, four, I feel.
- Reviews: 779
Hotel Tomori: A great view of the mountain
My first visit to Albania was in 1994 along with a friend of mine, but we just stayed in Tirana. Fortunately here I have found an Albanian friend from Starovë.
The following year, I mean, in 1995 I visited again the country and I spent about two weeks travelling to the South of Tirana along with Arian. As he was Albanian he could introduced me to many interesting places.
This hotel was advised by Arian, and I have found here very good conditions for a reasonabe price.
Unique Quality: From my room window I could see the mountain where is located the castle.
Location was good.
Staff was kind and helpful.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Popular Hotels in Berat
Rr. Veli Zaloshnja, Berati Lakes, Berat
Explore the World
- Express By Holiday Inn Molins De Rei
- Guest Lodge Hotel And Suites
- Asur Hotel
- Manhattan Hotel
- Hawthorn Suites Burlington
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco
- Mansion House
- Hampton Inn Statesboro
- Best Western Primrose Downtown
- Staybridge Suites Atlanta-Perimeter
- Mercure Hyderabad Abids
- The Palms Hotel
- Del Rey Ixtapan De La Sal Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Fifth Avenue
- Berat: Save money, Book now !
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Berat: Book without the gamble!
- Tingo.com If prices drop after you book, Get Money Back automatically!
- Berat: Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Berat: Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
- Berat: Book Now - Pay Later!
- Venere.com Best Prices & No Cancellation Fees! Hotels, Apartments, B&Bs and More!
- Berat: Lowest Price Guarantee
- HostelBookers.com No Booking Fee. Book Online Now Great Prices & User Reviews
- Berat: Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Berat: Huge discounts - Book online!
- Hotelsclick.com The Best Hotel Rates on the Internet Great rates always include taxes. Secure booking.