Sarande Hotels

Our Members Say

• beshiri profile photo beshiri
  • Reviews: 4

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gjika Hotel: A swindler and pervert hotel owner

At first impression, the owner of the hotel, Andre Gjika, a large seemingly fun loving Greek man, seems like a welcoming honest hotel owner. He spoke perfect english, which was a plus. Later I found out he pretended not to understand at times to try and get over on people. He took us under his wing, gave us sight seeing advice, invited us to sit down for meals with his family upstairs, and overall it came across as a humble family owned hotel business.

Until one night when he offered to take me to a discoteche in the castle. I was traveling with my mother, and she did not want to go to clubs, so I was left with little to do at nights as I didn't want to go out on the town by myself. Andre stepped up and acted like a fatherly figure who wanted to take me around town, watch out for me, and just do a genuinely nice thing.

We left the hotel, and the taxi who picked us up did not even take us to the club. We went straight to a bar, where I found out he was good friends with Andre. I was ready to go back, disappointed by not going to the actual discotech, and instead of taking me straight to the hotel, which was up in the mountain, he dropped us off on the side of the road near the water front. Ahead of us were twisting narrow little paths, like a maze, which for anyone who has visited Sarande knows this is easy to get lost in especially at night.

Andre and I began walking back toward the hotel. I was beginning to feel extremely uneasy. He suddenly reached over and grabbed me. He told me he had another friend that owned a hotel, and we could go there. He kept asking me how much money I would accept to sleep with him. I was appalled by this behavior, and I kept thinking about his wife and children I had met earlier that day. I told him he was a disgrace of a husband, and he told me he did not even have a wife.

I talked my way out of this situation and made it back to the hotel with my mother. I was frightened, because I think this man is capable of rape judging by how aggressive he got with me. He was pushing and pulling me in different directions and then pretended not to understand any english. I am writing this review to inform others, because I would hate this to happen to anyone else. I strongly do not recommend this hotel for young women, especially teenagers under 20, like I was at the time.

• Written July 1, 2009

• jm-jense profile photo jm-jense
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Palma Hotel: Very nice stay at the seaside.

We had a very nice stay. It was off season, so it was not official open. Rooms were nice, and the location is unique, just at the beach. Very good prices.

At the beach, swimming pool, scandinavian specialities.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Mountain Climbing, Archeology
  • Written April 19, 2008

• eni83 profile photo eni83
  • Reviews: 4

Hotel "International": International, Sarande

You can spend you vacations here, it is a new construction in the middle of green grass and so close to the sea. It is composed of 24 rooms with view from the sea, 18 double rooms, 4 suite. All the rooms are furnished of Tv, bar, air conditioned, it is also possible parking, and the restaurant is available. It is only 20 m distant from the sea.
In the new area of tourism – Cuka channel.

Great views

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 22, 2007
Tip Photo

• robertspano profile photo robertspano
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

hotel delfini: excellent stay in sarande

This hotel is located in downtown sarande on the road to the Butrint ruins. It lies just out off the main center area, and hence is quiet, but is close enough to enjoy walks down the promenade or to the port. I stayed several days in a single room in September 2006. I found this small hotel to be tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. the staff was friendly and spoke some Italoian and some English and were helpful. My room cost 20 euros and had a balcony that was only a few meters from the seashore. The rooms have a spectacular view of the bay of Sarande and the island of Corfu. This hotel was clean, comfortable, and an excellent value. I felt sorry for those booked into the swanky Hiotel Butrint, since they had to look across the street and over MY room to get my view. I recommend this hotel highly to any traveler.

Excellent views of the bay from all rooms and from the restaurantterrace.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 16, 2006

• AlbaniaLover profile photo AlbaniaLover
  • Reviews: 117

Different..: Plenty to go around...

From hotels in the centre of Saranda to little family run rooms and apartments or hotels there are plenty of places to stay along the coast line of Saranda and along to Butrint that is in easy reach. You can pay from 10euro's upwards to hundreds in some of the posh places. Just make sure if you are going in July/August that you try and book ahead because this is when most people are on holiday and it can be very packed.

• Written September 9, 2006

• Mr_Furious profile photo Mr_Furious
  • Reviews: 250

Hotel Aulona: Clean Budget Hotel

Hotel Aulona is a brand new 'hotel' in Saranda. No English is spoken, but try to make yourself clear by making gestures or by writing something on a piece of paper and the owner will offer you a single room with bathroom for 10€!

10€ for a single room with private bathroom is already quite a bargain. Above all, the whole place is sparkling clean! The location is good, just 2 minutes from the city center and the beach. The drawback might be that the rooms are rather smallish.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written January 6, 2006

hotel Aulona

• GrantBoone profile photo GrantBoone
  • Reviews: 428

The hotel base.: Our stay in Sarande

We didnt actually stay long enough in Sarande to need a hotel but we used the hotel seen in the picture to change our money into Leks and buy a few souvenirs , and who could forget the cold chicken and chips!!

• Written October 19, 2004

• GrantBoone profile photo GrantBoone
  • Reviews: 428

Hotel Sarande: THE MEETING PLACE

Our meeting place for the return journey back to Corfu was a Hotel by the seafront. I m not sure of the name but the manager let us have a look at one of the rooms as we promised we would return one day! Actually to be fair , the room was fine!!

• Written October 19, 2004

• SirRichard profile photo SirRichard
  • Reviews: 3639

Hotel Butrint

I didn't sleep here, but it seemed to me the only good class hotel in town. Most of the others are small 2-3 stars hotels along th beach, oriented to local tourism mainly.
Is located at the southernmost part of the bay, o the way to Butrint.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written September 24, 2004

The hotel

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 952

Hotel Lili: Hotel

I stayed in this hostel when I visited Albania for 10 days in 1996.
Arian, my guide from Pogradec, recommend me this hotel because of the location, conditions and price.
I found here good conditions and service.

• Written September 15, 2004

• armando2001 profile photo armando2001
  • Reviews: 31

Hotel 'Delfini' Small 12 rooms...

Hotel 'Delfini' Small 12 rooms or so, but clean, very comfortable, great views, nice restaurant and reasonably priced.

For the well-off traveller I would recommend Hotel 'Butrinti' the biggest and most luxurious in Saranda.

Hotel 'Bizanti' on the other hand is one of the cheapest.
for a one night stay in Saranda is between $20-$30.

However in Hotel 'Butrinti' on of the rare 5 star hotels in the Balkans you could easily splash out between 80-150 USD per room per night.

Great views of the sea.