Shkoder Hotels

Our Members Say

• sideshow_s profile photo sideshow_s
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Colosseo: Shkoder top hotel

This is arguably the best hotel in Shkoders (A claim that could only be considered by two other hotels in town) and at €50.00 a night is what would be considered mid-range pricing in most of Europe. The hotel is opposite Piazza Park, 100m from the mainroundabout (True centre) of Shkoder. Second floor rooms have a balcony, forget your standardised Ibis or Travel Lodge hotels, whilst its fair to say Hotel Colosseo is not as grand as somewhere like the Raffles hotel it is non the less both independant and luxureous compared to may hotels in the world. I met the hotel owner after I was unable to pay for my room (Not a single cash point would take my debit or credit card) who was a decent guy. He even offered to lend me money and drove me to the station, I ended up having to wire him the money for my room once back in England

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written July 22, 2008

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1368

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Parku

Possibly the cheapest bed in Albania, the Hotel Parku I think is aimed at the local market and probably doesn't have that many foreign guests. The freindly but slightly eccentric lady at reception is easily impressed by a word or two of Albanian, and I managed a whole phrase (memorized from a phrasebook!), so provided her with amusement for the whole day! Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable, and you pay per bed. A bed goes for 600 Lek, but to get a key for the room requires paying for both beds, 1200 Lek, otherwise you'll end up sharing with the next walk-in guest, something I was not willing to do after enduring the snores of Tirana's backpacker dorm. Still, at 1200 Lek, it is cheaper than any other hostel Albania (or Kosovo, Macedonia or Bulgaria for that matter) has to offer.

The shared bathroom facilities are perhaps the only real drawback. Two squat toilets, one tap, low ceiling, no light, no shower. Hmmm...well, for one night I can cope with that...

The location is great, in a sidestreet off a park, with the university and its bars and cafes just a minute's walk in one direction, the centre of town two minutes' walk in the other.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written April 10, 2008

• JLBG profile photo JLBG
  • Reviews: 6088

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Rozafa (?) 1988: Hotel Rozafa (?) 1988

This is not a practical tip as the photo was taken in 1988 ! This was a state hotel (everything was state owned!) where we spent one night. All the hotels where we went during our 1988 trip were very basic but comfortable. I have read that in 2005, there were several other hotels in Shkod?r but have not checked it as we were on a day trip.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written February 9, 2006
Tip Photo

Hotel Rozafa (?) 1988

• mmetaxa profile photo mmetaxa
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mondial Hotel: Mondial Hotel

I can hardly recommend the Mondial Hotel in Shkodra. I was charged 80 euros per night for a "suite" with single occupancy. They informed me that no other room was available except on the top floor (no lift) under the eaves--a blatant lie. I invited two friends up to my room for two hours for drinks one evening and upon checking out, I was charged an extra 30 euros for double occupancy for one night! Breakfast was served in a lovely garden cafe, but everything was processed and in little packages. One's coffee was served always 30 to 60 minutes after the breakfast.
I had to leave at 6am for a flight and I found myself locked IN the hotel--not very safe! It was impossible to find any staff member to open up and I very nearly nearly missed the plane.

Very clean and the staff was quite polite.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written September 7, 2005

• Filipdesmet profile photo Filipdesmet
  • Reviews: 44

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mondial Hotel

I didn't search for cheap accomodation in Shkoder. So, I decided to pay a lot this time (45 eur), too much for me, but anyway, I could rest in a very nice room and the breakfast was very good. But still 45 euro is way too much for my budget.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written May 28, 2005
Tip Photo

The girl at the reception was SO friendly

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful