Les Fonts

More about Andorra la Vella

Coat of Arms - EscudoCoat of Arms - Escudo

Valira river and Caldea SpaValira river and Caldea Spa

TRAFFIC IN ANDORRA LA VELLATRAFFIC IN ANDORRA LA VELLA

Andorra's national coloursAndorra's national colours

Travel Tips for Andorra la Vella

Andorra put the "wow" factor in my trip.

by joesarraf

"Introduction"

I have had a fascination with Andorra since 2002. It all started when I was attending a lecture on “Online Ethics”. In my attempt to keep my eyes open and portray the appearance of attentiveness, I summarily visited the CIA World Fact-Book website, and skimmed through the information of the countries in the dropdown list in an orderly fashion and it wasn’t long before I reached Andorra. I’ll leave the historical stuff to the books, though it’s important to note the following two historical facts; this little bit of land is co-ruled and has never been involved in a war since as far back as the 12th century.

"I got to feel Andorra rather than see Andorra"

Now to the Andorran experience. Admittedly, I was only there one night and half a day, but as I was leaving, Andorra convinced me that I should return although I had already convinced myself of that the night before. During that night time drive into Andorra, I got to know Andorra through the most intimate of the five (or six) senses, touch. Well, indirectly, through my vehicle. On my way to Andorra La Vella, I drove through several villages, crossed bridges and hugged the mountain curves, and in that sense, I got to feel Andorra rather than see Andorra. This was the highlight really, driving through the slippery mountains, guided only be 20:1 scale GPS map, testing both my abilities and judgement, and the capabilities of the 1 series. I can report that after a few hair-raising incidents, both the car and I passed the test in "flying" colours and in one piece.

I do not condone speeding, nor do I condemn those who speed. Please drive carefully, and remember there is no point in dying doing something outrageous because you won't be able to post it here.

Christianne's new Andorra la Vella Page

by Christianne

<font size=+1?Andorra is situated on the northern slopes of the Pyrenees on the border between France ans Spain.
It is about 180km from Toulouse, 465km from Nice, 855 km from Madrid and 885km from Paris.
It's capital is Andorra la Vella.
The Andorra's mountain peaks often remain snowcapped until July.
French, Catalan and Castellano are spoken.

Comments