SEEHOTEL EUROPA

Seehotel Europa
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 118% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Velden am Wörthersee

Francesca by the lake, on a winter dayFrancesca by the lake, on a winter day

Schloss Velden: once a castle, now a luxury hotelSchloss Velden: once a castle, now a luxury hotel

Sunbathing by the lakeSunbathing by the lake

WortherseeWorthersee

Travel Tips for Velden am Wörthersee

A touristic resort by the lake

by oriettaIT

We stopped in Velden on our way from Italy to Portshack. We had breakfast and we walked around a little. It gave me the impression of a well organized lake resort, with plenty of activities and recreations. The water was plesantly warm and crystal clear and, like everywhere in Austria, everything was spotless and perfectly organized.
I did not stayed long enaugh to get a complete idea of it but it gave me a great feeling of relax.

Hotel that look like a castle

An awsome vacation spot!

by Fra.da.

"Sunday, 2nd December 2007"

UPDATE: And I was back in Velden one more time!! My boyfriend and me decided to jump over the Italian - Austrian border to enjoy the Christmas atmosphere. There was a nice Christmas market going on, and visitors seem to enjoy it, although the town was not as lively as at summer time, and most hotels and restaurants were closed.

"Sometime, August 2007"

Beautiful Velden - I took this picture during my first visit to Velden, in August 2007. I was enchanted by the beauty of the lake, shining under the hot summer sun.

Velden am Wörther See (Wörther Lake)

by longsanborn

"Holiday Resort Town"

Velden is a town located by the Wörthersee (Wörther Lake), which is an alpine lake in the southern Austrian province of Carinthia. Velden is an exclusive holiday resort for the local austrians.

"Schloss Velden"

The Schloss Velden, a lakeside Renaissance castle, was turned into a top hotel in the 19th century. It is currently closed (no reason given).

"Summer Holiday Destination"

I visited Velden in summer and it is a beautiful area for some relaxation time-off and fun. Tourist boats are available to bring tourists around the lake. There are many sail boats circling the tranquil waters of the lake.

I believe Velden is not well-known amongst the international tourists, because I didn't see many around while I was there. And that was still summer then. However, I didn't mind because the lake and the town are beautiful and less crowded.

A short vacation in Velden

by lvdpiet

"Velden, a touristic place"

Velden is very touristic. But go to one of the places next to it and have a wonderfull relaxed stay at the lake. The lake is nice, not cold, clean and an invitation to swim in it. Mountains surround you. All kinds of things to do. Go there and have a great time!
The page is still under construction.

Comments