Kaiser-Josef-Platz 4, Villach, 9500, Austria

Booking.com eDreams

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Gasthof Hotel Kasino

I stayed here for one night in October 2011. I booked a single room for Euro 55.00 including breakfast and was given a double room for single use facing out back.

I was quite happy with my room for a night. Everything in the bathroom was working fine. All was clean.

The hotel offers free wifi. Mind you, this doesn't work in all the rooms nor did it in mine (no. 108) but I didn't mind as there are common corners where you can sit and use it. I did that and also used it in the restaurant after my evening meal. You need to get the access code from reception.

All the staff was very friendly. You can leave your luggage if your trains leave later.

Breakfast was buffet style with continental things. I got asked whether I wanted some egg.

Since I walked to the hotel from the railway station I don't know the situation for cars but I guess you may be able to drive there even though the hotel is located in the old town. Better check with the hotel before booking if this is important for you whether they offer parking.

I would stay there again any time.

More about Villach

Burg Hochosterwitz - 17km north of KlagenfurtBurg Hochosterwitz - 17km north of Klagenfurt

St.Veit an der Glan - 15km north of KlagenfurtSt.Veit an der Glan - 15km north of Klagenfurt

Train station ( red roof )Train station ( red roof )

Enjoy your *Christmas shopping*!!Enjoy your *Christmas shopping*!!

teaching english in Villach

by ghanson77

Does anyone know of any english teaching schools in Villach?

by leics

You may find some information here:

There are such schools based in Klagenfurt, but (I believe) none in Villach.

by verliebtinwien

I know a couple of people who have taught English in small towns other places in Austria but they taught at primary schools. You can always contact primary and secondary schools yourself in Villach or even schools doing evening courses (VHS - Volkshochschule) but I think you need to know a little German, at least to sign your contract.

by leics

As I said in reply to your previous answer, your nationality and qualifications will be highly relevant if you wish to take a teaching post in the EU.

Travel Tips for Villach

Kirchtag

by leplaya

I'm not sure exactly what this festival is celebrating, but it sure brings a lot of people with it. It occurs in early August and features folk music and beer. Many people are dressed in traditional clothes and are happily drinking away. There are tents near the city hall and St. Jakob's church that sell beer, food, and traditional crafts and clothes. I wish I was there for the actual day, but things were lively even a week before the real celebration was supposed to happen.

Falconry in Landskron castle

by Manara

The remains of the castle of Landskron are worth a visit on their own right. However, there is more to see then than the ruins and the panorama.
A section of the castle is now the home of several birds of prey. They can be seen in their cages, but even better is to see them fly, which is possible two or three times a day, according to the season and to the weather.
The demonstrations last about 40 minutes, and the explanation on the birds and their behaviour is in German only, but even those who cannot understand a word can enjoy watching eagles, hawks, kites, and owls fly just above their heads.
The birds sometimes make their changes to the programme, for instance the sea-eagle may come back with a fresh fish just cought in the Ossiacher lake, or one may even decide to take a short holiday, like Nancy, the American eagle: once she took a few days' leave and was spotted in the Czech Republic!

Villach, a quick visit before the rain pored down!

by Roeffie

Our summerholiday in Carinthia was very changing what the weather was concerned. One day over 37 C and the other day showers and no more than 10 C.

The day we visited Villach we had a nice sunny day in the morning and in the afternoon the rain fell down in large quantities.

We had a pleasant day in Villach. Villach presents it self as a town full of history. I think it is somewhat over the top! Ok there may be a great written history, but the tow itselve hasn't got a real old heart.

But if you have a day to spare it is not bad.

Greetings Roeffie

Villach, Kärnten, the sunny side of the Alps

by Pavlik_NL

"Green slopes, white tops, pictoresk villages"

This part, on the South-side of the Alpine mountains, is less high and the sunny side of Austria. Already in my childrenyears my parents took us here to enjoy the wonders of the mountainworld. Visits from our base at Feld am See brought us to the beautiful towns of Villach and Spittal. Endless walkingroutes are open for hikers and be sure to go to the touristinformation to pick up a Wanderpass. Together with a routemap you get a card for stamps, that you can collect during the walks on specific places. The heavier the walk, the higher the points you get and climbing to tops (stampingbox mostly at the cross that you find on top of any mountain). This system is in the entire country and at the end of your stay you get rewarded with a remembrance-broche in Bronze, Silver or Gold.

Comments