Spa Paradise Der Karawankenhof

Stadtpfarrturm VillachStadtpfarrturm Villach

drau promenadedrau promenade

Villach Accomodations

by SirIsaacBrock

Hi. Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay in Villach. I'm looking for something that is clean and affordable and am open to hotels/hostels/private accomodations. Are there any websites that might be helpful? I'm looking to arrive on Oct 14 in the evening and stay for one night. Thanks.

Re: Villach Accomodations

Hi !

www.tiscover.at
is a webpage - also in english - with links to every village in Austria, including hotels !
good luck !
Michael

Re: Re: Villach Accomodations

by SirIsaacBrock

Thanks for the link. Its very useful.
Allan

RE: Villach Accomodations

by leplaya

I stayed at Jugend und Familiengastehaus Villach, a hostel just west of the city center. It's actualy about a 15 min walk from the main trainstation. It only provides the essentials, but the rooms are very clean and have their own showers. It is reasonably priced and had a lot of open spaces (in July at least). Their website is www.oejhv.or.at

Travel Tips for Villach

Practical Information

by isolina_it

To get to Villach's tourist office, Rathauspl. 1, from the train station, walk out to Bahnhofstr. over the bridge and through Hauptpl. to Rathauspl. The office is at the far end. (24 44 40; fax 244 44 17. Open in summer M-F 9am-6pm, Sa 9am-noon; off-season M-F 9am-12:30pm and 1:30-5pm.)
The regional tourist office in St. Ruprecht (420 00; fax 427 77) offers up-to-date ski information.
There are ATMs throughout the city.
The station has 24hr. electronic lockers (€2-3).
The local hospital is on Dreschnidstr. (20 80).
Call 203 30 to reach the police headquarters at Tralteng. 34.
Internet access is available at Ken-i-di, Ledererg. 16. (213 22. Open Tu-Sa 6pm-2am, Su 3-11pm. €0.10 per min.)
The main post office, 8-Mai-Pl. 2, also exchanges currency. (Open daily 7:30am-noon and 2-5:30pm.) Postal code: A-9500.

Spital an der Drau

by globetrott

Spital an der Drau is a small town on your way north from Villach to Gmünd. Its main attraction and a good reason to leave the highway is Schloss Porcia, the former palace that is used nowadays mainly for theatre-productions
The palace dates back to the year 1524 and is worth seeing inside as well, but unfortunately I was there late in the evening and was able to take just a few photos of the outside of the palace.

a Camera-museum & some sewing-machines

by globetrott

In case that you are interested in old cameras, super8-movie-cameras etc. take a look at the upper floor of the carmuseum in Villach, there is a section of the museum that is dedicated to these technical achievements of the 20th century, a long time before the digital photography was invented.
There are some sewing-machines as well and even a telefax, a machinery that most young people of today have never seen, although it was the highest standart of the technique just about 30 years ago (my 4th photo).

Road to Villach

by xxgirasolexx

"Villach vs. Maria Gail"

I was on a road trip with my then boyfriend and it was at this crossroads that we decided to go to Villach instead of going to Maria Gail. In Villach we encountered only a small handful of people since we arrived very late in the evening. I remember we bought Fanta to drink across from the bank. Then we walked down the empty streets and looked in shop windows. We found ourselves at an Italian restaurant that had the mouth of truth on their business card. I remember I ate some kind of pasta and then drank litres and litres or raspberry tea. When I think back to that road trip....I could almost predict it was our last one together. I will always remember this trip as a bittersweet memory. Villach itself is a beautiful town though. I was only there about 5 hours, but it was fabulous.

My little friend in Villach!

by xxgirasolexx

"It was a gray, rainy day..."

The day that I visited Villach, I arrived late in the afternoon. All the shops were closed and there was no one on the street. After walking for quite awhile I finally ran into a couple and their young son. He was just too cute and after a bit of persuading, he agreed to let me take his picture.

Comments