Seespitz Hotel

See Popular Hotels

Simply amazing!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 17, 2015

I came to Seefeld for a short winter break and stayed at the hotel Seespitz****. As the traffic was awful I arrived late on Saturday. Nevertheless the receptionist still welcomed me with a big smile. She was very obliging and helped me with my holiday planning. When I got there I received lots of useful hiking and cross-country ski maps, weather forecasts and excursion tips.

I also got to know from her that there was a cross-country ski trial lesson on Sunday for hotel guests (extra charge € 37,-). As my cross-country ski skills have turned quite rusty I decided to attend the course, which turned out to be very helpful. The next days I explored the vast cross-country ski trails around the hotel and I really have to confess: it was simply amazing! Not just the trails, which were well-prepared, but first and foremost the breathtaking natural scenery. Words like winter wonderland, idyllic or pristine, often used by the advertising industry, may sound exaggeratd and out of proportion but in this case they totally hit the bull’s eye! It was an almost kitsch landscape.

The trails start right in front of the hotel. Mr Triendl, the hotel manager, is a passionate cross-country skier as well and he shared his secrets about the best trails with me. That’s typical Austrian hospitality! On one day I also tried cross-country skiing by night and although I liked it, I prefer going by day because one or two lights were broken and it can be really dark and cold then.

Except for one day the weather has always been bright and sunny. But it didn’t bother me as the hotel has a charming wellness area with heated outdoor pool, various saunas, whirlpool, steam bath and much more. That was the icing on the cake! I also allowed myself a relaxing sport massage for my aching muscles.

I slept in a comfortable and elegant single room with balcony and view to the mountains and the lake. Another plus on my pro and con list is the delicious cuisine. In the morning there was a rich breakfast buffet with all sorts of bread, marmalade, sausages, cheese, fruits and much more. In the evening there was a fresh salad buffet and one could choose between various 4-course-menus and exquisite wines recommended by the sommeliere. I always couldn’t wait for the desserts, which were absolutely delicious. Once I tried the famous „Kaiserschmarrn“ which is some kind of sugared fluffy pancake pieces with stewed plums. Out of this world!

Nearby Seespitz Hotel

• Fitness Center
  • Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed

Seefeld Travel Forum

Need advice about Seefeld, Austria? Visit the Travel Forum for Seefeld and ask our Answer Gurus.

Seefeld Travel Guide