Berghof Predigstuhl

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 39% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Peter_Irving's Profile Photo

One of the best Views in Austria

We as a pair of Harley riders in our 50s stayed in this hotel for 2 nights while touring the area.
    I would recommend that when you book here you pay the extra and take a room with a balcony otherwise you will miss out on the stunning view. No photo taken can do this justice, although we did manage to get some fantastic panoramic shots.

The accommodation although fairly basic was very good value even for a Scotsman! It is furnished in a very old fashioned style and is really very cute. It looks like a throwback to the 70’s in the style that it is decorated. Everything was functional even if old fashioned. I would not choose decoration like that nowadays but at the time it must have been in high fashion.
    Please do not go there and expect 5 star luxury, that is not what you pay for and also not what you get. The room was clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable. I had the best night’s sleep I have had for a long time, and my partner said she slept like a log. It was very still and quiet during the night, but what else would it be when you are so high in the mountains, away from all the traffic and hustle of the cities.

The meals were very good although slightly more expensive than we would normally pay in Bavaria, but still good value for money.

They have a Grill Abend on Fridays where you can eat something fresh from the barbecue at a very modest price. It is a perfect way to spend an evening with a couple of beers looking over the balcony and if you are lucky you may see the deer grazing in the meadow just a few metres away.
    On our second day we ate there and the schnitzel I had was perfect and my partner had the fish (Zander) which was lovely.
    The breakfast on the terrace was standard for Austria with a selection of home baked rolls cheese meats and honey jam etc….with a pot of coffee each.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and treated you like you were one of the family.
    For us the hotel was cheap and cheerful and bearing in mind the low cost and also you get what you pay for….. we really couldn’t have asked for more. I have the feeling we will definitely be using this hotel as a base again next time we take our Harleys on a tour of the area.

Comments