Fucking Hotels

Our Members Say

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Entenwirt: The gasthaus with the "Ente" (duck in Engl.)

Some of the VT-ers with Fùcking pages have been staying and/or eating here and made very positive comments. I saw of course the Gasthaus myself, too, but did not stop there because I came from Braunau and was in hurry to come to Fùcking in time and I knew to find there the good and nice Waldgasthaus Lindlbauer.

Why this car? The Citroen 2CV was for a long period, at least from the 1950-ies to the end of the 1970-ies, one of the most appreciated "budget" cars. It was extremely spacious and comfortable, had a very low consumption of fuel and was in a charming way ugly. It had a lot of great extras, for example the roof which was opened in a way similar to these old sardine tins where you had to use a sorts key to roll it to open the tin. But it was clear that a car of this relatively big size with such an "economic" engine could only reach a top speed of 105 km/hour. This means that at those times you had to allow considerably more time to come from Kissing in Germany to Fùcking in Austria but it was nevertheless far more romantic then - ask for that anyone who was driving such a car... - many of the owners were students.

It is quite understandable that a car like this had lots of nicknames. The most famous one in Germany and Austria was "Ente" (= duck in English) which seems quite obvious when you observe this car running - it reminds strongly of the way ducks are walking.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 26, 2007
Tip Photo

• dannebro profile photo dannebro
  • Reviews: 17

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gasthof Lindlbauer: cheap hotel and great breakfast

Often I have to go to see some clients in Burghausen or Braunau early in the morning and since I found Gasthof Lindlbauer in VT, I sometimes go there to spend the night, so I may get to my clients in time for a early appointment.
The singleroom was 27 euros with breakfast, thats cheap.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Beer Tasting, Food and Dining
  • Written March 29, 2007

• georgtrakl profile photo georgtrakl
  • Reviews: 5

Entenwirt: Nice place to stay

It was late at night when I came close to F-cking but I was not able to find my way in the dark so I decided to stay in Tarsdorf near Braunau and found this nice Gasthaus.

As the name suggests (Ente means Duck in English) the restaurant offers nice duck dishes - and the lamb dishes seemed to be tempting as well.

• Written January 23, 2007

• Anjutka profile photo Anjutka
  • Reviews: 278

Waldgasthaus Lindlbauer: A typical Upper Austrian Countryside Inn

I stayed here at the Fúcking VT-member meeting and found it a nice place and a good value for money.

Idyllic setting between the end of Fùcking (200 m away) and the forest "Oberer Weilhartforst" Right outside the Inn is a huge game reserve behind a fence and you can observe a lot of various deer, stags and other game. You can find the game also on the menu. The food is typical Upper Austrian countryside cooking with some nice creative accents and all very reasonably priced as compared to most Austrian tourist regions. I really enjoyed the lunch.

• Written August 22, 2006

Waldgasthof Lindlbauer: Nearest to Fúcking

It is a nice inexpensive place in a quiet and peaceful surroundings at the Oberer Weilhartforst. Since there is no hotel or Inn in Fúcking itself this an excellent option, the nearest houses of Fúcking are only 200 meters away. In a 15 minutes walk through the forest the idyllic and warm small Holzoestersee lake can be reached.

Lindlbauer has an own game park with local game right behind the house, from here they get also the meat for their great game dishes.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 14, 2005

Waldgasthaus Lindlbauer: Enough good accommodation nearby

Despite of the removal of all other content of the page I think it is essential that vistors may find appropriate accommodation and places to eat at the place or at least very close to it I think that I am obliged - despite of all other discussions about the content - to provide at least reliable info about accommodation and places to eat. We in Austria see ourselves also as a tourist friendly country and therefore you can expect everywhere in Austria at least reliable info about accomodation and other touristic essentials. That means of course also info about accomodation for those who are interested in Fùcking. Since I saw that the official Tarsdorf website no longer has links to the local inns I provide an other link to reliable accommodation and good eating places, it is interesting that I found this info only on a page describing pilgrimages. But this page was built before Josef Ratzinger, who was born in the tiny village Marktl am Inn, only 15 km from here, became Pope Benedict XVI. If you try Google yourself you will find also only this.

Personally I would like to choose the Waldgasthof Lindlbauer which is closest to Fùcking and is well known around in the area for its delicious game dishes.

• Related to: Theme Park Trips, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 5, 2005

• goingplaces profile photo goingplaces
  • Reviews: 157

Okay, stay in a real hotel...just not in F*cking

I noticed on our drive in that several towns near F*cking have pensions or gasthofs. It stuck out in my mind because these towns aren't that large, and nearly every one (except F*cking, go figure) had one or two places to stay.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 26, 2003

• goingplaces profile photo goingplaces
  • Reviews: 157

Stay with the locals!

Well, I saw five houses and they looked pretty spacious. If you're feeling brave enough, maybe knock on one of the doors and the owners may let you stay there. I don't recommend it but, hey, I'm the one who traveled to the city just for its funny name.

• Opinion of Price: N/A