Harry's Home Linz

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 12% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Linz

Blues Brothers EntranceBlues Brothers Entrance

Meals under the trees.Meals under the trees.

fishing nursery og the monasteryfishing nursery og the monastery

gas chambergas chamber

Flights Linz - Rome

Hello!

I need to purchase one way tickets from Linz to Rome or possibly another Italian destination for a family of four. Could someone recommend airlines for me to check. I am from Canada and unfamiliar with European airlines. Ryan Airlines was recommended as a possibility.

Thanks,

by cgf

from linz it may cost more than 500 USD each with a stop minimum. Why not from Innsbruck or by a night train which it will be twice cheaper as you save one night in hotel?

by pakistanibrain

There are no direct flights from Linz to Rome. You could travel to Vienna by train (takes around 2 hours) and get a relatively cheap flight from Vienna to Rome from Air Berlin (www.airberlin.com).

The other option is going from Linz to Rome by train, but that will be a very, very long trip then.

by dimara

Thanks for the quick replies! I checked the Air Berlin site and think the solution for us may be flying from Salzburg to Milan and then driving to Rome.

Thanks again,

by dimara

Oops. Kids just read the replies and would like to try a night train. Is luggage an issue? Each of us travels with a small suitcase and a carry on. Is night travel actually comfortable or should I assume that we will all be tired on arrival?

RE: RE: Flights Linz - Rome

by cgf

from Linz to Rome are about 15 hours by train, from innsbruck 8:50 the same time (maybe more) it may take from milan to rome in an ordinary working day for the time being.. there are a lot of works all the way. Maybe from Milan it's better the train, from 4:30 to 8 hours trip time (center to center).

RE: RE: Flights Linz - Rome

by dimara

Many thanks for the train info!

Itsounds like a great experience but I think if we take a car we can stop and sightsee more along the way. I sense a family 'debate' comng up. :)

Travel Tips for Linz

SECOND HOME

by Helga67

I have many good memories of this city. Linz used to be my second home during my teenage years.
I had a friend living in Linz. Every year from when she was 6 until the age of 17 she came to my home during the summer. She was like a sister to me. All those years, she told me so many things about her country, her hometown and family. I was eager to visit her country too. When I turned 17, my parents allowed me to go to Linz all alone. Wow, this was a great experience for me, my first trip without the parents. And it was so great, her family was like family to me and all the new and exciting things I learned there :). At the age of 17, this was the life for me! Since then, I've been going back year after year, and at some point in my life almost decided to stay there permanently. But life goes on and things change and some years ago, unfortunately, the contact was broken :( but I'll keep the good memories in my heart and photos.)

On this pic, you see me (17 years old) sitting on top of the Pöstlingberg. Here you have a great view over the city.

Update 15 February 2005:
Today I received an email from my long lost friend. It was so nice hearing from her and I'm so happy that we have picked up where we had left.
So, now I can dream of updating this page :-))

Neuer Dom zur Unbefleckten Empfaengnis Mariae

by Chamsa

The impressive cathedral in Gothic Revival style was errected between 1862 and 1924 by plans of the Vinzenz Statz. The stained glass windows date back to 1913/16, while the organ was installed in 1968. The steeple has a height of 134 m / 440 ft.

View on Danube River

by Leipzig

Linz is situated on the Danube, the second largest European river, which flows over 2,857 kilometres from its source in the Black Forest of Germany to the Black Sea. It is possible to cycle along the Danube or, of course, to do a river cruise.

Linz life

by betsymarvin

"previous visits"

For the past two years, we have stopped in Linz for a work project, and had time to look around the city and the area. We've enjoyed the city tour, numerous museums of history, art and electronics, the castle and botanical garden and a boat trip up the Danube.
The Strassenbahn (tram) is great for getting around, as we stay out northeast, by the university. We can be downtown in about 15 minutes.

Vladik's new Linz Page

by Vladik

Thi is an Israeli statue in the concentration camp "Mauthausen" near Linz. Very sad place, that left from not so far past.The statue dedicated to all murder people, especially to 5,5 mln. jews, that was killed at Second World War.

Comments